INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC cuts off last 20sec of the song and plays the next one  (Read 5914 times)

bwtuf

• Recent member
MC cuts off last 20sec of the song and plays the next one
« on: February 12, 2016, 01:36:06 am »

Hi,

I'm experiencing a weird situation with MC21. For every song, the last 20sec of the song is cut off, and the next sound in the list gets played (so the progress bar stops before the last 20s of the song, and the next song is played). I'd also like to add that the last song in the list does not get cut off. However, 20sec before the last song is over the progress bar abruptly resets and displays "waiting", but the music still keeps going.

I've tried adjusting the settings for prebuffering and the settings in device settings->buffering. It seems like reducing both of these sizes mitigates the problem (less seconds are cut off), but when i set both buffer sizes to lowest setting, i just stuck at buffering(65%) when i try to play any song.

I'm playing music directly from my computer. My computer's got 16GB of memory, a I7-3770k cpu. If more information is needed please ask me.

last but not least, i was registering myself on the forum using another browser earlier and i got banned right as i hit "register" so i had to register using a different email and on a different browser. I wonder is it because i was trying to use a foreign email address?

bwtuf

• Recent member
Re: MC cuts off last 20sec of the song and plays the next one
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 01:38:11 am »

Here are my settings:

If i check "use large hardware buffers" then i buffer forever. Same thing happens if i set prebuffering to 2 seconds.

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 03:07:02 am »

guessing here

If it is 20 seconds - try changing the Prebuffering to a lower value & see if the result changes (eg if you change it to 10 secs does it cut off the last 10 secs).  Also try changing the switch tracks setting to Standard (gapped) 0.1 s.

Steve

bwtuf

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 03:30:26 am »

Changing the prebuffering to 10sec does change the result. Now the last 10secs are cut off instead of 20. Changing the switch track option didn't improve anything.
But i can't set prebuffering to 2 (because it will buffer forever) or less (there's no such option)!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 06:16:00 am »

Try the latest build from the top of the board.

What are you playing to?  How is it connected?

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 09:11:13 am »

These are very high settings. You say your are playing from a media stored locally, and on an i7 with 16gb of Ram?

I suppose you have tried more "default" settings like 100ms buffering 6secs prebuffering? I'd put them back there and open up DSP studio and un check all DSPs if any are, except the Output Format which needs (should be) to be filled out.

A friend of mine recently had a similar issue, but he had upped buffering to compensate for the WDM driver without creating a separate zone for it. His local audio playback got messed up until he switched it back to more normal settings.

Note: I read a post recently about an SB card which had output issues ... evidently the channels are not mapped in the same way. This however shouldn't have any affect on this issue, directly though, just bringing it up.

Try the latest build from the top of the board.

What are you playing to?  How is it connected?
yes

and what does the device settings pop-up say?

I'm assuming you have checked to have the most recent SB driver loaded and that windows config has been checked.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 09:34:55 am »

It is worth trying a WASAPI driver instead of ASIO?

Brian.

RD James

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 09:48:58 am »

Use minimum hardware size as the ASIO buffer.
Set the hardware buffer size (up to 100ms) via the driver control panel.

If you try WASAPI Exclusive instead of ASIO, do not use a buffer size larger than 100ms or it will instantly BSOD your system.

bwtuf

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 11:53:04 am »

@JimH
I am using the latest build from the top of the board.
I'm playing via my soundcard, it is connected to a headphone amp and then to my headphone. Since there's no such issue when i playback music with foobar or windows media player, it shouldn't be a hardware or connection issue.

@Arindella
Yes i am playing files directly on my hard drive, and on an i7 with 16gb of ram.
I just tried 100ms buffering 6sec prebuffering. No improvement at all.
Here is my DSP settings. I had them set exactly like you said (before posting of the topic).

it shouldn't be a problem with the card, since it plays in ASIO mode perfectly with foobar.
Here is my device settings:

I've changed buffering from 500ms to 100ms after reading your post. No improvement though.
I have not checked the SB driver. Will do that soon. Could you tell me a bit more about the windows config? Not sure about that one.

@blgentry
Just tried WASAPI driver. Exact same problem occurs. Still cuts off at last 10sec.

@RD james The driver control panel doesn't have any buffer options. I just tried using minimum hardware size as the ASIO buffer. No improvements. Still cuts off at last 10sec.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 12:34:08 pm »

Just as a data point, see what happens if you check " Play File from Memory... ".

RD James

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 01:23:06 pm »

@RD james The driver control panel doesn't have any buffer options. I just tried using minimum hardware size as the ASIO buffer. No improvements. Still cuts off at last 10sec.
I would uninstall the current driver, download the latest from Creative, and try again.
Something is not right if you're having these problems and the control panel isn't working.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 01:23:29 pm »

Antivirus?

Try WASAPI, as suggested above.  Or DirectSound.

bwtuf

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 02:36:04 pm »

@kstuart
Checked play file from memory. Nothing changed. Same thing happens.

@RD James
I have to apologize. I were doing something wrong earlier and this time i found the option to change the buffering. When i set it to 100ms i get an error:

And then when i try to play any song the error shows up and nothing gets played.
Also i've checked that my driver is up-to-date all this time. The latest driver was published way back in 2014.

@JimH
I'm using Kaspersky. Also tried turning off Kaspersky and testing, same problem occurs.
I've tried WASAPI. Same problem. I've just tried DirectSound. Same problem as well.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 02:40:30 pm »

Uninstall Kaspersky to test.  Disabling may not be enough.

Try playing through a different sound card and to a different device, as a test.

bwtuf

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 02:52:12 pm »

@JimH
Just tried uninstalling Kaspersky and rebooting. Same thing occurs.
Also tried playing through my Steinburg UR22 via ASIO mode. Same problem.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 03:10:38 pm »

Try running the MC Benchmark tool. Maybe your hardware is bad. Have you tried playback with Windows Performance Monitor open/running?
I've had a relatively new SSD, and memory fail on me at different times. It's not unheard of.
Good luck

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 03:34:18 pm »

@JimH
Just tried uninstalling Kaspersky and rebooting. Same thing occurs.
Also tried playing through my Steinburg UR22 via ASIO mode. Same problem.
To the same DAC?

bwtuf

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 03:58:36 pm »

@CountryBumKin

Is this good or bad?

@JimH
i don't use an external dac. My configuration is Soundcard->amp(WA22)->headphone
and when i was playing through my Steinburg i used Steinburg->amp(WA22)->headphone
Pages: [1]   Go Up