INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red October HQ for Intel NUC 5I7RYH  (Read 3507 times)

ddaggett1

• Recent member
Red October HQ for Intel NUC 5I7RYH
« on: February 21, 2016, 08:01:44 pm »

Does anyone know whether the Intel NUC 5I7RYH with 16GB is powerful enough to use Red October HQ? I've been having trouble trying to use it with my 4K TV - video is jerky, and I've been unable to make it work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

DeaneG

• World Citizen
Re: Red October HQ for Intel NUC 5I7RYH
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 08:29:51 pm »

Mine was far from working well on HQ at 2560 x 1600.  It works fine at standard quality. From what I've read, HQ requires a pretty capable (hot) standalone card.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:24:20 am »

Try toggling hardware acceleration (in MC's video settings).

Try other videos.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 03:50:24 pm »

There is a lot of information around the internet on what is required to play 4K video. Perhaps the support thread for madVR over on doom9.org would be a good place to start.

I would be surprised in an Intel iGPU could handle 4K video just yet. But they must be getting close to basic support.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 06:33:50 pm »

Newer Intel HD GPU's can handle 4k no problem, but that doesn't mean it can handle MadVR (Red October HQ)...I really doubt that it can.  I believe that NUC has an Intel HD6100 on it.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 08:09:22 pm »

Newer Intel HD GPU's can handle 4k no problem, but that doesn't mean it can handle MadVR (Red October HQ)...I really doubt that it can.  I believe that NUC has an Intel HD6100 on it.

There is a lot of information around the internet on what is required to play 4K video. Perhaps the support thread for madVR over on doom9.org would be a good place to start.

I would be surprised in an Intel iGPU could handle 4K video just yet. But they must be getting close to basic support.

Anything after the HD4000 can do 4K, but not with madVR. You can probably get away with some low-quality madVR settings on the post-Haswell desktop iGPUs.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 12:36:08 am »

I stand corrected. Basic support was closer than I expected!

It looks like the NUC with i7-5557U processor and Intel® Iris™ Graphics 6100 iGPU does support a 3840x2160@60Hz display on DisplayPort.

So I guess my advice stands, that the madVR support thread is probably the best place to find up to date information on what feature are supported.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up