INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.236 beta available  (Read 5249 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.236 beta available
« on: August 20, 2003, 02:20:47 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:      

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here:  

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91236.exe    

(backup your library before installing)    

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.  

History:
1. Fixed: Skinned scrollbars for hidden controls could show up in some rare cases.
2. Fixed: Standard edit / combobox right-click menus weren't available while editing file properties.
3. Fixed: Action Window > Playing Now wouldn't always update when playing a file.
4. Fixed: Some Action Window pages wouldn't load properly when starting in windowed mode.
5. Changed: Removed "Tools" page from Action Window.
6. Fixed: Action Window auto-sizing would allow some pages to become too short.
7. Fixed: Typed tree navigation could hang MC if a search was started from the last visible item in the tree.
8. Fixed: Right-click column insert didn't add columns where the right-click happened.
9. Changed: "Show Read-Only Fields" on by default in Action Window > Detailed Info.
10. Fixed: Playing Now was changing keyboard focus while playing songs.
11. Fixed: Optimized CD operations to reduce redundant drive access. Speed of viewing CD contents is improved.
12. Fixed: MC would sporadically crash while downloading encoder from the Internet.
13. Changed: Introduced trial "Action Window" layout that does recent-function tracking. (let us know what you think -- art is temporary)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 9.1.236 beta available
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 02:52:58 pm »

Bug:  If you have "Playing Now" in both content pane & action window, & move a song to a new position in content pane, the action window does not update to reflect this change.

8. Fixed: Right-click column insert didn't add columns where the right-click happened.

Works properly now - thank you

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 03:06:02 pm »

Yes, yes yes!!!!!! The scroll bug is fixed...  I bow down to your reverence ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 03:14:48 pm »

Okay now the bad news ;D

BUGS:

* Cannot access Playlists inside groups using the playlist tab in the action window.  There is no plus sign to open them up...

Is there any chance that there could be an option to allow the image action window pane to follow the currently playing track rather than the selected track?

Love the new restriction on AW height works well.

AW could still do with a back button...

New Action Window layout works well but I was a bit confuse at first.  Maybe there needs to be more differentiation between the initial home page and the tool pages (if that makes sense ;D)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 03:38:37 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.  A WMA stream from the station works fine.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/24  Priority: Medium
    Favorites Not Accurate
    A favorite pointing to a specific folder or drive takes you to the My Computer root rather than the location specified.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/31  Priority: Low
    Cursor Inconsistency
    Put the cursor as if you're going to resize the window from the bottom edge but don't resize.  Move the cursor up to the top of the status bar.  The cursor stays in the "size vertical" mode even though you can no longer click to resize.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/31  Priority: Low
    No "to All" Buttons
    Was moving some files that overwrote some other files and MC asks for confirmation on each.  There needs to be "Yes to All" and "No to All" buttons.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Library Backup Filename
    Currently, the date in the backup filename is formatted in such a way that causes the dates to be out-of-order if viewed alphabetically (my recommendation is yyyy-mm-dd with leading zeroes).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Keyboard Shortcuts Unavailable in Web Media
    You cannot tab between fields or hit CTRL-V when adding a station.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
    ASIO fades too early
    Using ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a single track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Low
    Characters Missing in Context Menu
    Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.

• Fixed/Unable to Replicate - Date Opened: 2003/07/31  Priority: Medium
      TV Settings Not Saving
      TV Options/Display/Video settings aren't saving between sessions.  All of the options reset to 0 each time.
      [/s]

• Deferred - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
      MC9 Not Playing RA Streams
      Clicking on a .RAM link causes it to be played with RealOne Player rather than MC9 regardless of current file association settings.

• Deferred - Date Opened: 2003/07/25  Priority: Medium
      Focus Issues
      Clicking out of the MC window then clicking in the white space of a pane causes it to reset to <all> without showing it as selected.  Seems like it should just regain focus for the MC window alone with no resets.

• Deferred - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Medium
      Auto Smartlists Not Retaining Sort Order
      Changing the sorting, followed by right-clicking on the header and choosing to 'Save Current View' doesn't cause the sort choice to persist.
Toast goes in the toaster.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2003, 03:52:01 pm »

>>> 3. Fixed: Action Window > Playing Now wouldn't always update when playing a file. <<<

Not fixed... Images or other properties items still do not update to currently playing song.

>>> 6. Fixed: Action Window auto-sizing would allow some pages to become too short. <<<

Not fixed... Album Images still have a large blank space below them.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

pietro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Ride a bike, what else?
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2003, 04:37:58 pm »

Don't know when this started... But since a while I have a very serious problem. Almost every time I try to edit anything (just the song name for example) MC simply closes. It happens if I try to edit in the media library main window, it happens after I hit TAB in the properties window, etc. I have no clue what to do and what to check. I created a new library, I did a clean install etc. Is there any chance to get a clue what might be wrong??  :-[

Hope for some help...

Pietro

Media Center Registered 9.1.236 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1669 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 353 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: 2.0.1.50 , Nero Aspi Library, Copyright © 1999-2002 Ahead Software AG / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

gkerber

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2003, 04:47:56 pm »

The Action Window no longer seem to change by itself, I'll have to play with it more, but it seems to stay at what I set it to.  I like it.

REQUEST:  I and others have been requesting that the Image in the Action Window follow the playing now, and not the currently selected track.  However, there are others that like it like it is.  Please consider offering both.

Image (Playing Now)
Image (Selected)

REQUEST:  The Action Window keeps auto changing in height, it's visually disturbing when it changes size.  I'd sure like to simply have control of how much height I'm willing to give it and have it stay where I set it.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2003, 05:36:58 pm »

13. Changed: Introduced trial "Action Window" layout that does recent-function tracking. (let us know what you think -- art is temporary)

Ok. May be is to early to judge about AW navigation. But it took me a while to figure out the way now it works. I dont kow why, but I dont think it is too intuitive...

I know first time I saw AW Home it seemed to me a good idea. It was so easy. Now, I am not so sure about that. It is really easy, but is it the best way? Probably, it is ok for someone who does not care much about clicking. Many people would be happy with AW Home. It is easy.

However, you never tried with selectable buttons or tabs. What wrong about 5 little button in AW for toggle between different pages?

Just 5 buttons ot tabs in the AW bottom:

-Playing Now
-Burn CD
-Playlist
-Handheld (I dont have one, so why I need it?)
-Properties

May be a sixth button would  make happy someone:

-Automatic

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2003, 05:40:48 pm »

Bug?

How is supposed to work list style selection?

I thought it was scheme based. Now, it isn't, and it seems ok to me.

However, MC forgets about my list syle selection every time I restart MC...

I want 'Album thumbsnails' by default.  

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2003, 05:48:39 pm »

Sugestion:

AW menus always have these two items:

-Hide
-Show as window

Why do we need them?

'Hide' is no longer needed: We have a close buttom.

And I propose to create a similar button to dock/undock window. In fact, it is similar to maximize a window, so it is expected a button for do that.

If you delete these menu items (hide, show), menu would be simplier, because you could supress a level...

LonWar

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2003, 06:02:19 pm »

Converting Files..

When converting a file the old one is removed from the library. Can this be changed/fixed so it keepd the old one??

On a side note, This build is faster for converting...
-

gkerber

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2003, 06:04:52 pm »

BUG:  Fields in the track display don't always update immediately when a property field is changed, when the track is selected for Properties from the Recently Imported playlist.

It works correctly when the track is selected from the normal Medial Library track listing.

To Duplicate:  
  Select Recently Imported.
  Select a track
  Select the Action Window - Properties (undocked)
  Select a field like Genre and change the value,
     don't click out of the field.
  Exit properties by clicking the close window X.

Notice the new value does not show changed in the Recently Imported track listing.

Select any other track and the changed field updates.

Try this same thing from Media Library and the field updates upon leaving Properties.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2003, 06:45:03 pm »

What's with the wasted space below the ActionWindow?  Is this intentional?  If I open enough stuff in the tree, I can almost push it to the bottom of the screen...

-John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2003, 07:06:38 pm »

Don't know when this started... But since a while I have a very serious problem. Almost every time I try to edit anything (just the song name for example) MC simply closes. It happens if I try to edit in the media library main window, it happens after I hit TAB in the properties window, etc. I have no clue what to do and what to check. I created a new library, I did a clean install etc. Is there any chance to get a clue what might be wrong?

You might start a new thread on this.  Is there anything unusual about the files?  Read only, for example?  On a network drive?  What format?  MP3?

gkerber

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2003, 09:57:11 pm »

Using the Panes - If I do a multiple select within a pane, shouldn't it be an AND and show all selected tracks?

I can multiple select, but I only get the first selections's set of tracks.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2003, 10:26:02 pm »

REQUEST:  I and others have been requesting that the Image in the Action Window follow the playing now, and not the currently selected track.  However, there are others that like it like it is.  Please consider offering both.

The best situation would of course be to allow the user to select how it works, but if it only works one way, I'd say it pretty much HAS to show the image for the currently selected track and NOT the playing now image.

If it showed the playing now image, there would be no way to check the selected song's image without playing it or manually removing everything from the playing now screen.  This could get VERY annoying real quick.

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2003, 10:50:53 pm »

Bug: Horizontal & vertical scroll bars do not display correctly in the add image from file selection window.  Happens with all skins.

ugilt

• Junior Woodchuck
  • a picture says more than a thousand words...
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2003, 11:22:45 pm »

Drag & drop within media library doesn't work.

Go to library my fil location
Drag an album (a directory) to new location and drop.
MC starts to update library but gives up and leaves alarm in old location....

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2003, 05:48:39 am »

Bug:
Double-click song in content window and all songs (15,365) are added to the AW Playing Now view.

Shelly

gkerber

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2003, 06:38:35 am »

Last evening I found my undocked Action Window would still pop up in different modes at what seemed like random times when I was doing things.

Sometimes it would appear when I right clicked "Add to Playing Now" other times it would not.  

I really prefer to be in control about what screen pops up and  when it pops up.  How about a little lock icon on the window to totally disable all automatic actions for those of us that want to control what is and what is not on our screens?

----------------------

The "tooltips" on the undocked Action Window - Properties window are annoying and unnecesary.  I can see the entire length of the field, which is why I have it undocked, but those tooltips keep popping out simply repeating the same field content that I can clearly see.  This may be good for the narrow docked Action Window, but it's unnecessary for an undocked Action Window.

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
Poor performance with Media Server
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2003, 09:06:02 am »

Has anything changed with the Media Server on the beta version that would effect network performance?

I have been getting some poor performance when streaming audio to a remote client.

Since the last few beta releases I have been experiencing more and more lag with the streaming of music.  Songs often stutter and pause while the next few moments of a streamed track are buffered.

I know this is a difficult one to attribute to Media Server alone, since so many networking variables could cause this, but I thought I would throw this out to see if anyone else is experiencing similar issues.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2003, 09:55:22 am »

I know this has probably been suggested before but it'd be nice if we could pin the Action Window to a certain action (i.e., display Detailed Info regardless of what I'm doing elsewhere).
Toast goes in the toaster.

ZRocker

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2003, 10:09:16 am »

Where's the Recent Playlists playlist node?  I loved that feature and don't see it anymore in this release...it was there a few release ago (I seem to remember).

gkerber

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2003, 10:13:05 am »

I know this has probably been suggested before but it'd be nice if we could pin the Action Window to a certain action (i.e., display Detailed Info regardless of what I'm doing elsewhere).

Pin the Action Window - I was asking for a lock on the display, but asking to "Pin" the window is a very good description of it too (and in style).

Yes - I would really really like this....

IG88

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2003, 10:28:41 am »

Bug:
Unable to right-click on the systray icon  :(

Pages: [1]   Go Up