INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 9.1 closes when edit mp3 tags  (Read 1047 times)

pietro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Ride a bike, what else?
MC 9.1 closes when edit mp3 tags
« on: August 21, 2003, 01:10:30 am »

Don't know when this started... But since a while I have a very serious problem. Almost every time I try to edit anything (just the song name for example) MC simply closes. It happens if I try to edit in the media library main window, it happens after I hit TAB in the properties window, etc. I have no clue what to do and what to check. I created a new library, I did a clean install etc. Is there any chance to get a clue what might be wrong??  

Hope for some help...  :-[

Pietro

Media Center Registered 9.1.236 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1669 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 353 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: 2.0.1.50 , Nero Aspi Library, Copyright © 1999-2002 Ahead Software AG / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

---
Response from Jim:
You might start a new thread on this.  Is there anything unusual about the files?  Read only, for example?  On a network drive?  What format?  MP3?
---

I dont think that there is anything unusual with the files. The files are NOT Read Only, but there is something strange with the folders in my system. When I click on properties for the folders, I always see the green checkbox that folders are read only (not a checkmark, just the green box filled). When I then uncheck this and allow for a change of all sub-folders, the system works for a while and the box is clean. When I again click on properties, the green box reappears... This is the only strange thing I see... But actually, I can write to the folders, I can change the file or folder names using the explorer, so I don't know if that is causing a problem.
The folders are on my harddisk(s), they are almost all mp3 files.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 9.1 closes when edit mp3 tags
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 04:03:14 am »

The read only folders is the reason for the problem.  Try to find out why that's happening.  We had a similar problem reported about a week ago with a program that was supposed to be a Windows Explorer problem.  

This is probably not a problem that has to do with MC.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 9.1 closes when edit mp3 tags
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 08:50:36 am »

pietro

if all else does not work

create a new folder

then check to make sure the new folder is not read only.

then copy in MC9 all files to the new folder.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up