INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Esoteric DAC driver problems  (Read 2515 times)

John Morris

• Recent member
Esoteric DAC driver problems
« on: March 21, 2016, 01:42:41 am »

I am running MC 21 on a Windows 10 laptop. My DAC is an Esoteric K 01X SACD player which has a USB input. Esoteric provide an ASIO 2.0 driver for their DAC, which I have installed on the computer. When I select my audio driver, it is the Esoteric driver which comes up on the screen. However, when I try to play any files into the DAC, I get an error message telling me that the DAC cannot handle the sample rate of the file. The Esoteric handles up to 384 khz PCM, and 11.2 ? DSD files, so the problem is not with the hardware. Can anyone suggest a solution?

John Morris

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Esoteric DAC driver problems
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 07:08:29 am »

I am running MC 21 on a Windows 10 laptop. My DAC is an Esoteric K 01X SACD player which has a USB input. Esoteric provide an ASIO 2.0 driver for their DAC, which I have installed on the computer. When I select my audio driver, it is the Esoteric driver which comes up on the screen. However, when I try to play any files into the DAC, I get an error message telling me that the DAC cannot handle the sample rate of the file. The Esoteric handles up to 384 khz PCM, and 11.2 ? DSD files, so the problem is not with the hardware. Can anyone suggest a solution?

John Morris
If you chose the Esoteric ASIO driver in MC's audio settings, and you're not using DSP, then MC will play the format.  It is possible that the DAC is reporting that it plays other formats, but not the one you want.

John Morris

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 08:02:28 pm »

JimH

Thank you for your prompt reply. I will try again, but the DAC does support the formats that I am trying to play, and does so without any problems with Linn Kinsky and Esoteric's own  software.

Many thanks,
John Morris

John Morris

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 09:06:56 am »

JimH

I tried JRiver without using the DSP settings, but JRiver still refuses to accept the Esoteric DAC driver. I expect that there is some problem in the settings, but cannot find out what is the problem, nor what are the standard settings which should allow the DAC driver to work.

John Morris
Pages: [1]   Go Up