INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Android over the internet  (Read 4009 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
JRemote Android over the internet
« on: April 07, 2016, 06:34:23 am »

Hi

I just bought JRemote for my Android. It looks great!

I have an access key and entered that. I opened port 52199 on my Netgear cable router, and I assume this allows an external signal to get through to my router to my PC since JRemote has picked up my PC's external (and internal) IP address. However I cannot access over the web. on the LAN its fine.

I really am just following instructions, not too sure what I'm doing regarding the network. JRemote seems to be able to "see" my PC because it has all the details. I run MS Security Essentials but no other protection.

Many thanks
Z

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote Android over the internet
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 07:12:46 am »

To get access from outside your LAN, you would need to set up port forwarding on your router.  Please see the Network Access topic on our wiki.

Z0001

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 07:39:00 am »

Thanks Jim. Yes, I have done the port forwarding using guidance from portforwarding.com,but with no luck. Like I say, my Android seems to have my PC internal and external IP address in it, so I'm not sure what could be blocking the communication.

do I need to tweak Windows Firewall? if so what do I need to do? there are two instances in the firewall list of Allowed Programs of MC21 and one has private checked, the other public checked.

Appreciate any help
Z

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 08:39:37 am »

In the Media Network section, MC has a test that will tell you if there is a path open to it from outside.

kbowers

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 09:47:38 am »

In the Media Network section, MC has a test that will tell you if there is a path open to it from outside.

wheere exactly is this test in the Mac version? I do not see it under Media Network.
The Android version of Gizmo works beautifully on my LAN, now trying to get access from outside.
Keep up the good work on this product!

Ok found it by clicking on the access key !

Z0001

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 05:30:55 am »

OK. so i have opened port 52199 on my router. I have allowed 52199 on my Windows Firewall. I have no other firewalls and don't have Windows Live Essentials. Still cannot access PC over internet with JRemote. the test in Options in MC also says not communicable over the internet.

So I really don't know what to do next. I wonder if I've done something wrong in the router port forwarding. I have  Netgear CG3000v2 and this is my screen shot.

Really appreciate any help!
Z

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 07:33:42 am »

Are you forwarding the port to the right machine? 

Is the router firewall blocking?

Z0001

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 12:05:49 am »

Well, quite randomly it just started working!. pc and phones were not switched off/on so no re-boot being the answer.

Next question!  : how do i point JRemote at a particular folder - i have my library in a wav and a flac folder, JRemote seems to just see the wav files. Also can i playback on my Samsung S5 at wav 1411kbps quality? JRemote seems to transcode but teh phon I am pretty sure can handle wav and flac.

Awesome app.

Z
Pages: [1]   Go Up