INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request For Purchase Window  (Read 2880 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Request For Purchase Window
« on: April 07, 2016, 08:35:09 am »

Folks --  I upgraded (and paid) to 21 about 10 days ago and I keep getting a window asking if I want to "Purchase" 21, AND another window that always asks if I want to allow MC to make changes in my computer.

Pls Advise. Thanks.  I have been having ongoing difficulties getting my main MC on Windows to recognize a remote Id (the problem is intermittent) and I know it's unlikely, but thought there might be some relation between the two problems (?).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Request For Purchase Window
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 08:38:27 am »

Make sure you have MC21 installed.  Then restore your license:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 11:15:21 am »

That worked -- Great, Thanks.  Currently I have "20" automatically starting up on my Windows when I power up the computer.  How do I delete that and get "21" to power up instead.  And..

Is there any chance any of this has any bearing on my problems with MC (main PC version) failing to recognize my remote Id?

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 08:45:46 am »

You don't need to remove Media Center 20; in fact, you might want to keep it around until you're sure that you have Media Center 21 setup the way you want it. Basically, just go to Tools->Options->Start-up. Then under Windows Startup, set "Run on Windows Startup" to nothing for Media Center 20 and then set it to what you want to startup with Media Center 21. As for recognizing the Id, it might resolve this issue because there were some changes made somewhat recently in Media Center 21 to help it recognize DLNA devices better.

trajanmcgill

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 01:18:27 pm »

And you will-- or at least I do-- get that administrative privileges prompt every time you run MC20 when the last version you ran was MC21, or when you run MC21 last having run MC20. I'm not really sure why that is, what it is trying to do when you start it up just because you last ran a different version, although I've long wondered about that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up