INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony RoomLink  (Read 1971 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Sony RoomLink
« on: August 15, 2003, 10:07:09 am »

Hi Y'all,

Anyone here have a Sony RoomLink Network Media Receiver? If you do and want to play with media server connecting to it, drop me an e-mail to gateley at jriver dot com. It only does music, not photos or video.

j

Sony's description:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=aTRzXzZYNj1zXwlldkx5VHlXnz1PYy8QbNU=?ProductID=_XkKC0%2eNnFQAAAD2I5tQK_ff

nila

Re: Sony RoomLink
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 07:46:16 am »

says product not available :(

LisaRCT

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 07:59:33 am »

says product not available :(

Oh it is available, just not to YOU!  :P

jus kiddin' Nila   :D
I got the same result.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 08:08:24 am »

It looks like the link changes every day.

nila

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2003, 08:35:15 am »

VAIOŽ RoomLink Network Media Receiver
PCNA-MR10

The RoomLink Network Media Receiver is a device that works with your VAIOŽ PC to enjoy all video, photo, and music content on your home entertainment system. From the luxury of your own living room, RoomLink allows you to stream recorded TV programs and personal video content to your big screen TV from a VAIOŽ PC equipped with Giga Pocket  Personal Video Recorder and VAIO Media software.

$199.99

OverView
The RoomLink Network Media Receiver is a device that works with your VAIOŽ PC to enjoy all video, photo, and music content on your home entertainment system. From the luxury of your own living room, RoomLink allows you to stream recorded TV programs and personal video content to your big screen TV from a VAIOŽ PC equipped with Giga Pocket Personal Video Recorder and VAIO Media software. You can also view your digital photo collection on your TV straight from photos that are stored on your VAIOŽ PC or playback all digital music files on your stereo system.

(Network connectivity from a VAIOŽ PC to RoomLink required)

Features
  • Access Entertainment From Your Living Room:
    Whether it's video, photo, or music content, the PCNA-MR10 RoomLink Network Media Receiver allows you to access all entertainment content stored on your VAIOŽ PC and easily enjoy them on your Home Entertainment System, including your TV.
    (Requires a network connectivity to a VAIOŽ PC equipped with VAIO Media software)
  • Stream Video To Your Big Screen TV:
    Watch recorded TV and personal video content on your big screen TV.
    (Requires Giga Pocket™ equipped VAIOŽ PCs)
  • Enjoy Photo Slide-Shows without the huddle:
    Share digital photos with family and friends without huddling around a computer monitor.
  • Digital Quality Sound:
    Enjoy digital quality sound on your Home Entertainment System. The RoomLink Network Media Receiver has an optical audio output (SPDIF) as well as standard audio line outputs for great audio playback quality.
  • Optional Wireless Solution:
    With the optional Ethernet Converter (PCWA-DE50), you can enjoy digital entertainment from your living room without the hassle of wires!
    (Requires PCWA-A500 or 802.11a wireless access point within the network)
  • Easy Set-Up:
    Just connect RoomLink to your VAIO PC (via a home network) with an Ethernet cable and to your TV and audio system with standard AV cables.

That's more or less the page in case it vanishes again!

nila

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2003, 08:41:01 am »

Am I missing something or is this just a glorified remote with a high price tag?

I presume the software comes with it or does it?
Does the software already come on a VIAO or are you paying for the software here?

Still prefer MC with my own remote!

MachineHead

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2003, 08:51:11 am »

It only does music, not photos or video

From MC's end I'm assuming? The ad clearly states it will do images and video.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 07:41:32 am »

The RoomLink is similar to a TiVo: it streams music, pictures, and video to your TV set, and also allows some TiVo TV recording functionality. I don't know the details except for the music stuff.

Some VAIOs have the software pre-installed, some VAIO's don't. Again, I'm not sure, but I don't think you have to pay for it.

I've done a quick implementation of the server side software that will only handle the music streaming portion of it. I'm still looking for people who are interested.

Thanks,

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up