INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed: No playback  (Read 1630 times)

cmj3

Help needed: No playback
« on: April 09, 2016, 11:10:37 pm »

Hi,
   I had Jriver21 all set up on windows 10. SoTM sound card with amanero driver. Everything worked fine. I installed a new Router, and tested the system; all worked ok. After a few days, I went to play a  song, and got the following message: Playback could not be started on the output direct sound using the format 44.1khs 2ch. I am also now seeing a Music Player Daemon0.16.., which I had not seen before.

Trying to test various options (following AUdio setup), I found in Tools>Options>Audio> Devices - these options Default Audio device (direct sound) and  Combo 384ASIO. Neither worked. I could not find the driver on the Win10 Sound setting. I reinstalled amanero. No device available on the playback tab on Win10 Sound settings. The Windows AUdio Troubleshooter yielded no info. My system works otherwise (through a cd player). This is driving me nuts. Any help would be appreciated.

CJ

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help needed: No playback
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 01:05:46 am »

I don't think that the Music Player Daemon that you see is part of JRiver.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help needed: No playback
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 04:01:57 am »

MPD is an open source server program.  you would have had to download it, and you should be able to uninstall it from the control panel.  it's possible it's jamming something up in MC....
Pages: [1]   Go Up