INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: files generating 'analyze audio' errors  (Read 1420 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
files generating 'analyze audio' errors
« on: August 17, 2003, 04:37:48 am »

Sorry to bring this up again, but my problems is apparently different ... because it is particular files creating the errors, not the fact I selected too many.

The error (paraphrasing) implies "the last several files have generated errors ...", and if I select some of them, I can repeat the error ... but others are apparently ok.

As it is ... it is difficult to know which files they are ... unless I enter into a tedious process of selecting one at a time.  How can I more easly determine which files these are??  And, what could be wrong with them??

MC9 (180)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: files generating 'analyze audio' errors
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 05:14:50 am »

Please e-mail a file with a description of the problem to matt @ jriver.com.

Is it possible that the problem files were all created with or edited with a specific program?  Or are the names different from other files in some similar way?  (punctuation, accented characters, etc.)

shAf

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 05:28:03 am »

I've just added tis hyperlink/login to the computer in question ... so I'll include its config ... because I was wondering if this could in any way be attributed to my audio hardware (M-audio Revo) not yet being setup (the computer is new and currently used only as a server).

I'll e-mail a file to Matt later ... are there any problems with attaching a file that size??

Media Center Registered 9.0.180 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2403 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 209 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.00.3700.1000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.00.3502.6601 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-504A     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

shAf

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 06:15:54 am »

My apologies  :-[ ... the Lame encoder plugin needed to be installed! (... sheesh ...)

nila

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 06:20:12 am »

I have the same problem.

Could the 'errors were encountered' message tell us which files had the errors possibly with an option to either copy the filanames to clipboard or to save the files?
So that next time we can not include these files?

I've left my computer trying to analyse my files overnight a few times and come back to this error every time so had just given up trying to use the feature.

It'd be great if this could be sorted so I could analyse my whole library :)

Thanks

shAf

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 07:53:27 am »

I have the same problem.
[...]

Since installing the LAME encoder plugin (which apparently includes a decoder), I haven't had a problem.

Yes ... the error report dialog is such that if you clik on 'ok' for inspecting the list of files ... what had previously been marked with "error", is now 'queued'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up