INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jriver imported my itunes files. I don't want them...  (Read 1679 times)

MSchott

• Recent member
jriver imported my itunes files. I don't want them...
« on: April 24, 2016, 07:27:31 am »

They are not lossless files which is what I want in my media center. How do I delete the itunes files and make sure they are not imported in the future?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: jriver imported my itunes files. I don't want them...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 07:39:09 am »

Welcome to the forum.

Just select them and "soft" delete.  Delete key and read the message.

Edit your auto-import settings.  Tools > Import.  Add or delete folders.  Edit to specify filetypes.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 07:42:19 am »

First, check your auto import directory list.  If there are any directories there that have files you don't want to monitor for import, then remove them. 
Tools > Options > Library & Folders > configure auto import > Folders

Next, I'm going to assume that all of your itunes files are in the itunes directory and not scattered all over your drives in different folders.  If they are all in the itunes folder, you can find them by their folder.  Go to the left navigation area and go to Audio > Files .  You should see Location as one of the panes up top.  Drill down through the folders until you find the itunes folder.  Once all of the itunes files are displayed, verify that you have the files you want to remove from MC.  Then, highlight them all, and delete them:  Edit > delete .  It will ask if you want to just remove them from MC, or also delete them from disk.  You probably just want to remove them from MC.

Good luck and let us know how you do!

Brian.

MSchott

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 08:15:37 am »

Thanks so much. I deleted any non ape files which leaves only my new imports into JRiver. I configured the auto import directory and I think I did this correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up