INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues ripping Beatles Box Set  (Read 2527 times)

TrojanRB

Issues ripping Beatles Box Set
« on: April 25, 2016, 10:42:19 pm »

Hello all, this is my first post to the forums.

I'm a relatively new JRiver Media Center user, and have been using it to rip my cd collection. Haven't had any issues until I tried the Beatles Stereo Boxed Set (2009). I tried searching and couldn't find an answer.

If I insert a cd from that collection into my computer, it immediately ejects it, and says "please insert a disc in Drive...."

If I repeat the process while holding down the "shift" key, the disc stays in the drive. In JRiver, I manually hit tools>rip disc, but it gives me an error message stating "there are no tracks available to rip. Please ensure an audio cd is in the drive and that tracks are selected".

I am running version 21.0.50 on a Dell running Windows 10.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Issues ripping Beatles Box Set
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 04:04:58 am »

Hi and welcome :)

So what you are saying is that normally ripping works right?

Well I have to admit, rarely some cds just don't seem to want to rip.

Sometimes cleaning them works. I use dish water liquid.

Sometimes they can be ripped from one optical drive and not another from some bizarre reason. Try another computer?

Sometimes I have needed to use other software. I have this 2009  set and I don't remember having any problems ripping it. But if memory serves the cds in the box set are not Redbook, they are Enhanced CDs. You might try another program just to rip this once ... like EAC or dbpoweramp that have ways to get around non-standard cds. You could also try ripping in non-secure or a burst mode in JRiver (forget what it is called right now). Not really recommended though as you could have errors without knowing it, so it might not be bit-perfect -- so for me that would be a last ditch effort.

Oh just remembered, sometimes your AV or even windows I think can be setup to not allow other programs to load fr'om cds (an enhanced cd might have quik time or some videos on it. Might want to look there too. If the optical drive is not allowing the disk to be read, other software is not going to help :)

Hope you get this sorted, an absolute must to have this set in any collection !

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Issues ripping Beatles Box Set
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 04:58:04 am »

Can the disk be read (or played) outside of JRiver program. Sounds like a bad disk to me - if the program and Windows won't acknowledge it.
Is the drive working - can you play or rip a different disk in the JRiver program?

BTW - it looks like one of the disk in that set is a DVD. Do you have a DVD player/reader in your computer (if not, maybe you just grabbed the wrong disk to start with)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up