INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Server Crashes  (Read 1559 times)

Nexus

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MC Server Crashes
« on: August 13, 2003, 06:23:05 am »

I'm new to Media Center so hopefully my problems are simply user related. I have the latest Media Center 9.0.180 installed on a very basic machine: Windows XP Pro, 512DDR, SBLIVE 5.1, Athlon XP 1900, ATA drives. I am also running the latest eX drivers for the SB Live for Multizone capability. MC Server is running on port 8080 but I've tried automatic as well.

Unfortunately the application crashes on a regular basis. For example whenever I attempt to run the MC server the application crashes randomly. Windows XP remains operational and I can re-launch MC if necessary. It runs fine if I just select a couple songs on the MC client in various zones, but when I run the web client MC crashes as well. When I start switching between multiple zones frequently, it will also crash.

MC has a lot of promise with some really great features. It quickly becoming one of my favorite audio apps. My primary reason for running MC was the multizone support as well as MusicLobby, so I hope I can resolve this issue. BTW... these problems are without MusicLobby... the server also crashes when I run MusicLobby.

Also, can you select between the different multizones in the web client? If not, will this feature be added in the future?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC Server Crashes
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 06:30:29 am »

The version must be the same on both sides.  What version do you have?

Please paste your system info here from MC Help.

Nexus

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 07:42:25 am »

Jim,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm actually just running one copy of Media Center 9.0.180 on a single machine. I haven’t tried accessing it from another machine on the network yet. So I was just using http://localhost:8080 to test the web client/server.  

I'll post my config when I get home tonight.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 07:53:07 am »

If you want to use that, I'd suggest using the latest build of 9.1, available here.  The reason is that there are multiple versions of the old WebRemote plugin and the new 9.1 replaces it with a built-in RemoteServer.  It's configured under MC options /startup.

From the title of your post, I had assumed you were trying to use Media Server.

Nexus

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 09:31:50 am »

Jim... I'm a little confused by your comments, maybe you can help clarify a few things for me.

I thought that setting up a Server within Media Center was called Media Server? I'm referring to the option within Media Center that allows you to setup a Server for remote access of media content. In addition to this I'm attempting to setup a multizone environment. I would like to control the multizone's from various pc's in the house by accessing Media Center through the web. This appears to be possible however I am unable to stabilize Media Center to test this configuration. MC crashes in two distinct areas: when switching music tracks in a multizone setup and when trying to access MC from a web client.

If you feel WebRemote 9,1 will resolve my issues i'll try downloading it later tonight. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 11:28:26 am »

If you want to store your content in an MC library on a server and play it on another machine, then you want to use Media Server.

The Help file should have instructions.  Did you try it?

You can't then connect to the server with a web browser.  It won't work.  You need to open a connection from MC on the client PC.

Nexus

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 04:49:15 am »

Yes, I have read the Help file. I had no problem setting up the Media Server.

I have no problems connecting to the Server from a Client.

I do have problems after I am connected to the Media Server or I am changing music in the "Multizone" environments. I get "Media Core" errors and the MC application crashes.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 05:14:24 am »

You can't change zones when used in client server mode.

dreicher

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2003, 05:38:59 am »

Nexus,

Have you tried updating to MusicLobby 1.50 and the new remote server developed by us specifically for MusicLobby? It's a much more stable setup.

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up