INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View 3D Weirdness  (Read 3161 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View 3D Weirdness
« on: May 07, 2016, 11:50:49 am »

Theater View has a weird RGB 3D effect happening on both my 3D TV and non-3D TV both hooked up to my AVR. Standard View is fine as is the rest of Win10. This started happening after upgrading to MC .76. I tried going back to .54 and it is still happening. I did not mess with any settings prior to this happening since initially setting up 3D a couple weeks ago. 2D video plays fine. I have tried restarting the computer.

Win10, Nvidia 750TI (I just made sure the driver is the latest, 365.10 I think)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater View 3D Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 01:59:49 pm »

The latest video driver is not always the best one.

Theater View uses 3D drawing.  Standard View doesn't.  Most programs don't.

rec head

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 07:40:49 am »

I only switched to the new driver to try and fix it.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 10:15:40 am »

If your using RO+HQ (LAV + madVR) you probably know that madVR was updated to 90.16 in MC ver 21.65 (and LAV was updated to .68 in MC 21.58) so if anything changed after MC ver .58 it might be related to these updates. However, I doubt the madVR or LAV updates are the problem, because no one else is reporting having a problem with them.

When you roll back, I don't think the madVR and LAV programs are rolled back. I'm not sure, and I haven't tested this, but I believe I read here that you need to delete the madVR and/or LAV folders then install the rolled-back (to .54) MC version and then let reinstall the "older" madVR and LAV versions that came with .54.

I would try a direct connection the TV to rule out the AVR.
It may also be helpful to try to get a screen shot of the problem so we can see what your seeing.
Good luck.

rec head

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 05:40:31 am »

Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

I was wrong about everything playing properly. The colors are way off when watching TV or movies. Black is red-ish. Standard view and all other sources are OK.

rec head

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 11:32:06 am »

It appears that the "Stereoscopic 3D" setting in the Nvidia drivers was causing the problem. I have no idea why. I have never modified any Nvidia settings since upgrading to Win10. I unchecked the option and now things are back to normal. 3D movies still work within MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up