INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to find which audio is not being analyzed  (Read 3614 times)

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
How to find which audio is not being analyzed
« on: May 10, 2016, 12:04:42 am »

When I run Reporter, it reports that audio analysis is approx 80% done. It's been stuck there for a long time and I think it has to do with some old damaged MP3s.

Two questions:

I'd like to find out which files MC is stuck on (assuming that is what is happening).

Is there a smartlist (or some other mechanism) to report what audio files are damaged?

Also, if MC comes across a damaged file does it stop analyzing audio or skip over the damaged files and continue?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to find which audio is not being analyzed
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 01:24:22 am »

It's been a long time for me now. I don't even have an audio analysis view since the build it was included in the auto import stuff. Then we got a whole new way of analysing...

Someone may correct me, but, I think, all you need a list of all your audio, then filter like so:
-[Peak Level (R128)]=[]

The thinking here is, if it's not analysed, that field will be empty. When I run that search here, I just get saved internet streams back, suggesting that all my audio is analysed.

-marko

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 05:02:23 am »

Hi

Marko is much more expert regarding expressions, but I think Matt posted this awhile back that i use to find files that are not analyzed. Both should work

You can create a new smartlist or better an admin view -- use the import button  and paste this in.

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[audio] [=isequal(AudioAnalysisState(), Needed, 1)]=1

I use a free ware program from this site to test for most errors in flac and mp3 files (truncated and such will return errors) just drag and drop -- no need to install its called AudioTester here http://www.vuplayer.com/other.php

Also, especially if you are into classical music, this could help with files names that are too long https://sourceforge.net/projects/tlpd/ there are others that search for files lengths that you can find easy enough.

RD James

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 09:19:33 am »

Thanks Arindelle. I didn't know that AudioAnalysisState() existed so I've now replaced my somewhat unreliable identifier code with:
Code: [Select]
If(!IsEqual(AudioAnalysisState(), Needed, 0), [Name], <font color="ff0000">[Name]<//font>)
I use this in place of the name column in all of my views so that I can easily see which files have not been analyzed.
Everything should be analyzed on import, but sometimes it's slow if I was playing a video when the files were imported for example.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 10:24:50 am »

Very cool, Arindelle! Thank you, I'll try that tonight.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 11:04:16 pm »

Two Questions:

I created a smartlist but I don't know what an Admin view is. Can you explain?

AND

If MC hits a corrupt file (and cannot analyze), does it stop and not proceed any further?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 12:07:15 am »

My experience is that analyze just skips the tracks that cannot be analyzed and doesn't stop or freeze up

I have a bunch of tracks (zero data hidden spacing tracks, a few corrupt files) that repeatedly get analyzed when I do the smartlist (as arindelle mentioned) and it never stops, just repeatedly skips the bad tracks

I believe by "admin view" arindelle meant an actual view rather than a smartlist.  He can correct me if im wrong!  I usually stick with smartlist a for those maintenance views that I don't use often but the effect is the same

Arindelle

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 01:16:29 am »

If MC hits a corrupt file (and cannot analyze), does it stop and not proceed any further?
that's what used to happen. @Ferday Maybe they have improved this and have pushed the files that couldn't be analyzed to the bottom of the stack to the bottom? not sure.

I believe by "admin view" arindelle meant an actual view rather than a smartlist.  He can correct me if im wrong!  I usually stick with smartlist a for those maintenance views that I don't use often but the effect is the same
that's what I meant :) sorry for the confusion
Pages: [1]   Go Up