INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License questions re: Windows OS  (Read 1706 times)

tomobrien

License questions re: Windows OS
« on: May 10, 2016, 12:12:25 pm »

Hello,
I searched the forum for answers to my questions (or confirmation of my assumption) and came up empty...so here goes:

I am enjoying my trial version of MC21 and will be purchasing a version for Windows soon.  My question is, are all versions of Windows considered to be the same OS?  I currently have it running on a laptop running Win7 but would also like to have a copy for my work shed computer that is an old beast running WinVista (audio only at this location).  And some time in the near future I plan on replacing the laptop with a HTPC which most likely will be Win10.  Will one license to the trick?

And one more question if I may:  is installing MC21 on three machines "within reason"?

Lastly, when I purchase a license for MC21, say this coming weekend, it is my understanding that I will qualify for a no-charge upgrade to MC22 this coming August.  Please confirm.

Thanks in advance.

- Tom

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: License questions re: Windows OS
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 12:14:48 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Any license purchased now is an MC22 license that works with MC21 now.  One license is good for all your machines.  The Windows license works on XP and above.

tomobrien

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 01:28:44 pm »

Jim,

Thanks for the quick reply.  No MC on my Vista machine isn't a deal breaker.

- Tom

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 01:29:31 pm »

MC runs fine on Vista.  I think!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up