INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art - certain albums resist adding cover art  (Read 3865 times)

krisjan

• Recent member
Cover Art - certain albums resist adding cover art
« on: May 13, 2016, 05:44:10 pm »

I've looked around for an answer to this dilemma but haven't found it yet.  I'm using MC 21 with Windows 10.  So far I've ripped about 800 CD's from my collection without any issues but I've encountered a few that refuse to display the cover art that I have added to the file. My usual routine is to copy the cover art from the internet (e.g. Amazon) and then paste it in the album as it is being ripped. This works 99% of the time but there are a couple of albums that refuse to show cover art once I've added this way. I've tried adding through a file as well with no luck. I've tried deleting the (non-existent) cover art and then trying to add it again with no luck. There seems to be something peculiar about these couple of albums but I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?  TIA!

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art - certain albums resist adding cover art
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 05:55:25 pm »

Are you using the latest MC version, .81?
There was a fix in 81 for a problem related to cover art.

krisjan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 06:09:11 pm »

Looks like my version is .80. How do I get .81?  I know that MC21 did an auto update a few days ago but when I check the current version it says .80.
Thanks!

krisjan

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 06:17:47 pm »

Actually, I did an update check and it says I have the latest version MC 21.80.  Hmmm...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 08:19:56 pm »

81 is at the top of this board.

krisjan

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 09:33:45 pm »

Thnks.  Downloaded 81 - didn't make a difference. I still have two albums that are resistant to having cover art added. Any other ideas out there?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 06:12:34 am »

There is a setting "Ignore Files Previously Removed From Library" in the Configure Auto Import section.
Could you have previously deleted these files (cover art) and now want to add back?  If so, uncheck the box.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 07:23:28 am »

If you're still having problems with cover art, please describe what happens.  Are you adding through the Cover Art menu?

Give us some more info and maybe we can help.

Brian.

krisjan

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 08:52:27 am »

There is a setting "Ignore Files Previously Removed From Library" in the Configure Auto Import section.
Could you have previously deleted these files (cover art) and now want to add back?  If so, uncheck the box.

I searched for the "Configure Auto Import" section in the Options - Tools menu but couldn't find it. Can you direct me on how to locate that?
Thanks!

krisjan

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 08:57:02 am »

When I opened Media Center today, one of the problem albums showed the cover art I had added yesterday. Now I'm just down to a single title that is still resistant. That one was ripped days ago but no cover art appears even after adding it numerous times. I right click on the album, go to cover art and then tried both adding from a file (jpeg) or directly copying image from clipboard. Neither works. I have also tried deleting the cover art and doing those action again but no dice. Very strange.

blgentry

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 09:42:34 am »

Where are your media files located?  Local disk?  USB?  NAS?

I wonder if you have a permissions issue of some sort.

Do you get any messages from MC at the bottom?  When I save cover art to all files in an album, MC tells me it is updating tags in each file.  But I also have the option set to embed cover art INSIDE the files.  Are you embedding cover art?  What types of audio files are these?  FLAC, MP3, etc.

Brian.

krisjan

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 10:22:33 am »

Well I managed to correct the problem.  :) I had to do each individual track and add the cover art track by track. It turns out that the very first track had some issue and would not display the cover art so I deleted what was there and then added the correct cover back in and all is well. Thanks all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up