INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 208494 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #250 on: June 18, 2016, 06:56:33 am »

Parental functions - to lock out children from inappropriate content!
There shall be functions to prevent easy access to adult content (or other stuff not suited for young humans).
Maybe a password protection system? Or specific user accounts (also with passwords) that allow custom access to the library.
User accounts exist.  So do ratings.

Denti

« Reply #251 on: June 18, 2016, 07:44:56 am »

Alright, this is my last ditch effort:

To achieve what I suggested on page 4 it appears that the only possibility is to make the category field [Name] available in Theater View. But since [Name] functions as a regular field in Theater View, this means that a new field (perhaps [Category]) needs to be created. I understand that this is not an easy request, and would require lots of coding, but I'm putting out my plea here for the powers-that-be to please consider it. Please! It would be so great to be able to:

1. Sort by last name
2. Display first name first
3. Use ; delimiter for multiple artists per album
4. Use JRemote/Theater View

Currently this is not possible, which is a shame.

audioriver

« Reply #252 on: June 18, 2016, 08:07:47 am »

Ability to configure/disable the mouse wheel, which does cause problems during video playback (even more so in live stream/TV playback). Did a quick search, it's an old request (here and here, for example). I now realize I've been avoiding MC for video playback for years, out of fear of touching the mouse wheel.  :P
Windows 10 Pro x64

HiFiTubes

« Reply #253 on: June 18, 2016, 02:24:33 pm »

1. New Track Info plugins that pull from AMG or Last.FM. Get rid of the ones that have been included since MC10.

2. A way to Exit Theater View with just a mouse.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #254 on: June 18, 2016, 02:40:06 pm »

2. A way to Exit Theater View with just a mouse.

You can do this right now?  Just navigate to the top menu (by clicking the home or back buttons) and select the exit menu choice.  I do it all the time;  did you by chance delete the exit entry?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #255 on: June 18, 2016, 02:44:53 pm »

When I open Theater View, the leftmost option is highlighted. I can't cycle through any selections using the mouse so even if I had an Exit option, how would I navigate to it?

Kodi/XMBC simply responds to user moving left or right.

I use Theater View in the other room via HDMI with no keyboard, granted I need to get my Harmony working again, but would be nice for a more intuitive interaction with between Theater View and mouse.

The Obsidian Touchscreen theme seems better suited for this as it displays the options vertically.

Also wish we could have Theater View in a Detached Display because the Playing Now option in TV is so nice, but I'd like to avoid all the PITA switching I have to do between monitors (Win10 the Shift + Win + Arrow really only works when MC is not maximized not even sure Theater View responds to this monitor jump command as my TV is broken right now). Further PITA is there is an insanely small amount of space which you can use to grab MC to manually move it; TINY pockets under the Playing Now toolbar.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #256 on: June 19, 2016, 04:10:30 am »

Web based TV guide with ability to schedule Record / Subscribe / Cancel per program.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #257 on: June 19, 2016, 11:28:00 am »

When I open Theater View, the leftmost option is highlighted. I can't cycle through any selections using the mouse so even if I had an Exit option, how would I navigate to it?

Ah, I've been using one of the vertical views for years so I forgot about the vertical layout; you can use the mouse wheel to cycle even in the horizontal layout.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #258 on: June 19, 2016, 12:16:06 pm »

Ah, I've been using one of the vertical views for years so I forgot about the vertical layout; you can use the mouse wheel to cycle even in the horizontal layout.

Cool thanks mate. I have a Logitech track pad in living room but I'll see if two finger scroll works.

defenz0r

« Reply #259 on: June 19, 2016, 05:23:28 pm »

A one click opus Support would be nice!
https://mf4.xiph.org/jenkins/view/opus/job/opus-tools/ws/man/opusenc.html

For opus it's needed to convert the file to "wav" and then to opus. Which could be much more comfortable if it's already programmed to JRiver.

example: MySong.mp3 -> MySong.wav - > MySong.opus

And please add the option to attach a Image to the opus file.

Thanks!

Houckster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #260 on: June 19, 2016, 09:30:37 pm »

I would like to be able record audio from the internet.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2016, 09:20:22 am »

Fixing the "recently imported" view so that the tag window displays the fields that are in the current view of imported files.  The work around is to drag a view column and move it (temporarily) and then move it back.  Then close the tag window and open it again - and it is fixed (temporarily).

This as a problem introduced a year or two ago and it was discussed at that time, but never fully fixed (at least for the recently imported view window). 

Obviously minor, but annoying when you have to do it over and over again.
John

blgentry

« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2016, 09:39:37 am »

A one click opus Support would be nice!
https://mf4.xiph.org/jenkins/view/opus/job/opus-tools/ws/man/opusenc.html

Why would you want to use this format?  It's just another lossy format with the same problems.

Brian.

defenz0r

« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2016, 10:34:17 am »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2016, 10:37:53 am »

Please don't start discussions in this thread. 

RD James

« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2016, 10:53:21 am »

Options to control the behavior when a file is loaded externally. E.g. via Explorer.
Options to control the behavior when the "Play" link is clicked on a group of files.

Both of these currently play immediately and replace the entire playlist, which is bad since they are easily activated by mistake, and you cannot undo that action.

Useful choices would be:
  • Add to playlist (end)
  • Add to playlist (end) and play now
  • Add to playlist (beginning)
  • Add to playlist (beginning) and play now
  • Add as next track
  • Add as next track, and play now
  • Insert above current track and play now

RD James

« Reply #266 on: June 20, 2016, 10:53:47 am »

Controls for how bookmarking/resuming works.

Currently bookmarks are not used if you haven't played X amount of a file, or it is X percent near the end of a file.
  • I'd like to always resume bookmarks for videos at any position.
  • I'd like movies to behave as they do currently. (stop at the credits and they play from the beginning)
  • Audio files over X length (preference) should always use bookmarks.
  • Bookmarks need to be more robust and update during playback. If JRiver crashes or something else interrupts playback, files often start over from the beginning again. Bookmarks should be saved every 30 seconds, or more frequently if possible.

vladimirk

« Reply #267 on: June 20, 2016, 10:54:28 am »

My main suggestion is following - please rework progress reporting for using as DLNA server / controller. For now MC uses server assumptions about progress and does not reflect correct progress from renderer - so progress bar is jumpy, laggy, and song info does not change for up to 30 seconds after actual changing track. Skip function is also useless in this configuration. AndrewFG calls it a feature (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105264.0 ) so i consider reworking this as feature request. Other control point software behaves correctly in such cases.

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #268 on: June 22, 2016, 10:32:07 am »

Allow the user to edit the track line as displayed in the ‘Playing Now’ window when in ‘Theater View’. Right now it displays as Artist - Name – Duration. (For instance, I’d like the ability to change Artist to Album Artist). This would mimic the behavior of ‘Standard View’ which allows the user to alter the displayed values via ‘Customise Display’.

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #269 on: June 23, 2016, 03:16:57 pm »

- Roon
- Rework of the resampling GUI to support DSD/PCM in/out paths

EJR

• World Citizen
« Reply #270 on: June 24, 2016, 11:26:48 am »

1) server client acounts that can be managed on the content and features available

for example giving people in the household access through jremote but disable for example zone switching and certain content.

2) being able to modify how JRiver looks and functions.
for example hiding parts that you never use.

3) option for a screenwide playbar when playing videos fullscreen. it is one of the main reasons i use other videoplayers for watching stuff on the computer.
A wide bar give more control over were you want to skip and what location you are at currently

defenz0r

« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2016, 02:09:54 pm »

Native Ability to control the complete Media Center with generic Gamepad. Like XBOX360 Controller.
In a Media Player a must have. Because Kodi can too.

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2016, 02:20:33 pm »

Give more flexibility when doing "Get Movie and TV Info"

The whole documentation on their api is here: http://docs.themoviedb.apiary.io/

Here are some examples of requests one can make with a valid api_key:
(I applied online and got mine instantly. I deleted the ID from what follows.)

* Find a movie given the IMDb ID (here: tt1846472, for "Après mai" = "Something in the Air"):
In English (by default):
https://api.themoviedb.org/3/find/tt1846472?external_source=imdb_id&api_key=###
In French:
https://api.themoviedb.org/3/find/tt1846472?external_source=imdb_id&language=fr&api_key=###

* Show the entry of a movie given the TMDB ID (here: 122089)
http://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/122089?api_key=###

* Find available covers:
In English (must be by default too):
https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/122089/images?language=en&include_image_language=en,null&api_key=###
In French:
https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/122089/images?language=fr&include_image_language=fr&api_key=###

* Show one cover (here for "Après mai"):
In English (by default):
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w500/2z6v8zoSOV1FXnLYt7rivWH2bBz.jpg&api_key=###
In French:
http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w500/kKhSsQuXqpyUWVoRV2da0r7BNf5.jpg&api_key=###

In all that I find very interesting the possibility to get some information in another language (in my case, French):
- movie title
- movie description
- genres
- cover

So MC could offer the option to set the language for the query.
By default it would be in English.
But it could be changed to another language, say, French.
Then all the information and the cover would be retrieved in French if available.

It would also be good that MC stores the TMDB ID.

And if possible, that it could use it when doing a query.
This would make sure that the information retrieved is about the proper movie.

Alternatively, it would be great if a query could be made using the IMDbID.
This would ensure that one gets the proper information when doing a "Get Movie and TV Info" (for several movies at once).
MrC is working on a script to get information from TMDB in a very flexible manner.
It works great for movies, but the part for TV series is not yet developed.
For more info, see this separate post in the Third party section:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100449.msg735485#msg735485

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2016, 09:07:49 pm »

I've been using MC17-MC21 (+ licensed for MC22) and hoping this would have been added by now, but would be thrilled if it made it into MC22:

Adding subtitle option on top menu so that I don't have to drill down through sub-menus to get to it.  It's the option I find myself using more than anything else during a movie that's under the Player menu.  It would be so user friendly if it was on top, especially if it was just an on/off function since the subtitle language preferences are already available under Video options.  Not sure, but it seems like an easy feature to add.  I'd settle for two CTRL-<key> combos, but both methods would be even better!

Sorry if anyone has asked for this before or I've overlooked an easier way to turn subs on and off during playback of a movie, but as AFAIK, drilling down menus is the only way I know how to do it.

And since the Competitive Disadvantages thread is closed, I'll simply add my vote for improved UI (like this request).  I'm really grateful for the terrific audiophile features, but I mainly use MC in my home theater on my HTPC to list all my contents on my RAID and then watch movies.  With the auto resolution change feature and madVR, it's one of the simplest and best for this.  However, it seems like the UI interface for watching/controlling movies gets very little attention.  So, as the majority of folks have indicated there, the UI could use some improvements.  Anything to make it even more user friendly during movie playback would be great.  Thanks!

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #274 on: June 26, 2016, 02:38:44 am »

1. A chapter LIST displayed in the OSD ;
2. A more complete response to the MCWS/playback/info? command.

In general a sexier OSD:

Many of us users mix that up with Theaterview. Theaterview is nicely designed and greatly customizable (for my taste) but what is really "old looking" is the OSD once something is playing...worse than Windows MCE style...sorry. in other words the information of the now playing media is poorly displayed. It don't even needs Fancy audio format logos.....

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #275 on: June 26, 2016, 07:09:25 am »

Adding subtitle option on top menu so that I don't have to drill down through sub-menus to get to it.  It's the option I find myself using more than anything else during a movie that's under the Player menu. 
Use the up and down arrows on your keyboard or remote to get the On Screen Display.

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #276 on: June 26, 2016, 10:48:25 am »

I have requested this before in MC21 thread about a year ago but here it goes again:

When ripping CD's, ability to copy album, artist, genre and year information from previous rip. That's very useful when ripping audiobooks and multi disc compilations where pretty much only thing is changing is CD number (CD1, CD2 etc). That way I don't need to manually type almost same information to each CD.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: June 26, 2016, 11:25:07 am »

I have requested this before in MC21 thread about a year ago but here it goes again:

When ripping CD's, ability to copy album, artist, genre and year information from previous rip. That's very useful when ripping audiobooks and multi disc compilations where pretty much only thing is changing is CD number (CD1, CD2 etc). That way I don't need to manually type almost same information to each CD.
You can paste tags from one file to others.  Ctrl-C to copy, ctrl-shift-V to paste tags.

yannis

• World Citizen
« Reply #278 on: June 26, 2016, 01:04:37 pm »

Tick boxes per file in the Rename dialog, so that we can exclude specific files that don't fit a mask, without exiting and reselecting.

The same would also be helpful in the Fill Properties from Filename dialog.

Headcool

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #279 on: June 27, 2016, 02:56:54 pm »

Cover Views with non standardized cover art sizes do really look bad at the moment. Album cover arts are all quadratic, movie and TV series cover arts have all the same aspect ratio, but artist images, photo albums and photo thumbnails do not. Of course the solution is not to enforce a standard size for cover art and thumbnails, but rather a better and more intelligent positioning and scaling of the cover arts.

Following picture shows an example of how it should look like:

defenz0r

« Reply #280 on: June 27, 2016, 06:14:28 pm »

EDIT:
Sorry for that.
I will post a Guide for How to do it...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: June 27, 2016, 06:32:33 pm »

defenzOr,
Please use another thread.  ASIO setup requires a driver from the audio device manufacturer.  It also has to work correctly.

Dmitry Nevozhay

• Recent member
« Reply #282 on: June 29, 2016, 03:07:59 pm »

Integration with www.bandcamp.com digital music distribution (streaming and downloading) service.
That streaming is bandwidth limited to 128kbps (MP3), but it's possible to download the purchased albums and songs as lossless (FLAC) and up to 96kHz/24bit.

Madmaxie

• Recent member
« Reply #283 on: June 30, 2016, 07:19:51 pm »

IS MC22 going to provide improved integration with MYMOVIES? If worked the same as Windows Media Center than nothing would be in bulls roar of JRiver Media Center

baniels

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #284 on: July 01, 2016, 08:34:36 am »

Here are three feature requests I have submitted in previous feature request threads.

1)
I often perform my library management from a remote computer. I use the Get Movie & TV Info function a lot - however, the Image/Poster is not retrieved on the server. It pulls the name, and other metadata, but the image remains as it was, either incorrect or just a default screen cap.

I would love to see the image pulled from the server and applied the same way it would if I was performing the function from the server itself.

2)
I really like the "Wall" view in theater view. But I would like it even more if I could customize the scaling. Currently the size is fixed at rows of 8 X full width. I would love the option to lower that to rows of 5 or 6.

3)
I would like to see one of these ways to initiate a "Run Auto-Import Now".
  • From within Theater View. Maybe out of the way under the Gadgets menu.
  • From JRemote on my phone or tablet.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #285 on: July 01, 2016, 11:19:00 am »

@baniels

I'd love to see 3) as well from JRemote!

jradams3rd

« Reply #286 on: July 01, 2016, 02:38:13 pm »

I am managing a MC library for our local community radio station and I am interested in a number of issues some of which are covered by your current list but they need more detail to explain what you are thinking.  For a little background we have on the order of 100,000 tracks in our library and I manage 14 machines that access this library.  Two for broadcast studios and the remaining for library management and review.  We us FLAC lossless files exclusively and are trying to adhere as closely as possible to the VORBIS Standards.   We have many tags in our data that are not standard in your distribute library but we would be very interested in having better access to them.

For instance it we store the producer and separate tags for each performer on the track including what instrument they played.  All these are stored as separate tags when there are multiple entries.  For instance

PERFORMER=Willie Nelson (guitar, vocal)
PERFORMER=Waylon Jennings (guitar, vocal)
PERFORMER=......

Unfortunately when JRiver writes the tags out again it combines them into a semicolon separated list so we can never use MC to edit tags.  We would like to be able to use these tags in the display window at the top, of in any of the informational views.  We can use the Wizzard for searching but it would be a lot nicer to have the same behavior as searching for your standard tags like composer, artist, album etc. where you get a suggested set of matches. 

The playing now screen currently displays Title, Artist, Album, year, comments and Bios.  There are many layouts and formats that would provide pertinent information about what is playing.

I do not know if these kind of issues are what you are referring to when you refer to access to metadata.

Regards
John

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #287 on: July 01, 2016, 03:22:02 pm »

For instance it we store the producer and separate tags for each performer on the track including what instrument they played.  All these are stored as separate tags when there are multiple entries.  For instance

PERFORMER=Willie Nelson (guitar, vocal)
PERFORMER=Waylon Jennings (guitar, vocal)
PERFORMER=......

Unfortunately when JRiver writes the tags out again it combines them into a semicolon separated list so we can never use MC to edit tags.  We would like to be able to use these tags in the display window at the top, of in any of the informational views.  We can use the Wizzard for searching but it would be a lot nicer to have the same behavior as searching for your standard tags like composer, artist, album etc. where you get a suggested set of matches.  

what do you use to tag?

dbpoweramp will write as
performer:
performer:

but reads as performer;performer

mp3tag reads and writes as performer//performer

point being every program reads/writes these a bit differently.  multiple artist entries in VoRBIS are encouraged; not mandated.  JRiver correctly reads the tags, just displays them as a semicolon delimited list.  many programs can't even read them!

you can potentially display these a variety of different ways, some may be harder than others depending on what you want...you can build with a list in some cases

blgentry

« Reply #288 on: July 01, 2016, 07:16:14 pm »

For instance it we store the producer and separate tags for each performer on the track including what instrument they played.  All these are stored as separate tags when there are multiple entries.

Please start a new topic on this.  From what you've written I'm not entirely clear on your workflow or what you are trying to achieve that isn't working.  But I'm confident that we can make the situation better, if not exactly perfect, by using MC's existing features.

Brian.

jarbe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #289 on: July 02, 2016, 06:54:18 am »

Wish for MC22: Possibility to incorporate DSP in Video-files.

blgentry

« Reply #290 on: July 02, 2016, 08:28:34 am »

Wish for MC22: Possibility to incorporate DSP in Video-files.

The DSP Studio works with all types of video files (their audio tracks) that I'm aware of.  What are you wanting to do?

Brian.

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #291 on: July 02, 2016, 09:44:52 am »

You can paste tags from one file to others.  Ctrl-C to copy, ctrl-shift-V to paste tags.

What I meant was more like a one click solution, i.e when inserting disc 2 of a boxset: "copy information (artist, album, genre, year) from previous disc".

jarbe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #292 on: July 02, 2016, 12:49:04 pm »

The DSP Studio works with all types of video files (their audio tracks) that I'm aware of.  What are you wanting to do?

Brian.

I'm thinking about the functionality in "tools/advanced tools/convert format/options/audio"

For audiofiles you can tick off "apply DSP".
When I try to do this with my mkv-files, it doesn't seem possible.

What I want to do is to incorporate convolution in my mkv-files (which are all ripped music-DVDs). I am aware that I can convert the video files to audio files, but that is not what I want. The video files are a little too heavy for my rather weak computer, due to 6 channels of convolution on top of the video to process.

Jarle

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #293 on: July 02, 2016, 02:07:08 pm »

Did you try what I suggested? 

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #294 on: July 04, 2016, 09:13:23 am »

Did you try what I suggested? 
Yes, I'm currently ripping 8 cd box, but unfortunately copying and pasting from previous rip is quite clumsy. Thanks anyway :)

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #295 on: July 07, 2016, 06:18:24 pm »

All installed skins (i.e. all skins in the skins folder and seen by JR),  should auto update.   That means all custom made skins from the forum.  A new way to build in auto update so we don't have to keep picking thru the skins forum for updates.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

ralf_07

« Reply #296 on: July 10, 2016, 06:31:11 am »

Love to See CI Module Support in Television Mode. I know this Feature Mighty be Limited to European Users, but would increase the Television experience significantly.

Best regards
Ralf

ytrehodluap

« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2016, 06:31:37 am »

would be good to be able to right click on a track and select from
...Play this Album (From the beginning)
...Play entire directory (Alpha/numerically)
...Continue this Album (adds track n+1 and all remaining Album tracks to playing now prior to next scheduled track)
...Continue this Directory (adds remaining files to playing now prior to next scheduled track)

audioriver

« Reply #298 on: July 12, 2016, 04:41:33 am »

Television: allow Display settings for TV sources (Automatic change and Custom) and allow satellite switching for DVB-S (CI support would be cool for DVB-S, too).
Windows 10 Pro x64

TrainWreck

• Recent member
« Reply #299 on: July 15, 2016, 02:27:28 pm »

A suggested feature for MC22:
An internal 64bit mixing engine for MC22 for mixing different zones's streams together (instead of using the 32/24bit mixing capabilities of WASAPI-NON-EXCLUSIVE/DIRECTSOUND).
The principle philosophy of JRiver is to process (Equalize,Master,Edit) the sound in 64bit (for maximum fidelity and minimum distortion&noise) and then dither it to 24bit for the Digital-to-Analog conversion.
Taking out the mixing from the 64bit realm is going against the whole concept of the maximum fidelity 64bit processing of the sound in JRiver....
Also Linux isn't an alternative to Windows because the mixing engine is 32bit at best (without dithering to 24bit) .....
The solution would be a cross platform 64bit internal mixing engine in JRiver.
An example for a usage for the suggested feature (the 2 streams/zones are the common ones I play simultaneously on a daily basis):

[1st Zone music 64bit stream is playing, Dithering is off, equalizer is applied]
+
[2nd Zone GTA V IPC-THROUGH-WDM-DRIVER 24bit stream is playing and upconverted to 64bit by JRiver, Dithering is off, equalizer is applied]
=
[Both of the 64bit streams are being transferred to JRiver's MC22 64bit mixer without losing any of the 64bits of the streams]---IMPOSSIBLE
||
||
\/
[The 64bit streams are mixed in the MC22's mixer into one "summed" 64bit stream]
||
||
\/
[The MC22's mixer is converting the "summed" 64bit stream to 24bit with dithering applied]
||
||
\/
[The MC22's mixer is sending the converted&dithered 24bit "summed" 64bit stream to the soundcard's WASAPI]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up