INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 208497 times)

bwa

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #300 on: July 16, 2016, 08:04:56 am »

My most wantet feature request is automatically export of playlists when a change occurs, that is a nice fature to cooperate with roon, so every change in my MC playlists is reflected in roon. Currently I have to export the playlists manually.

michaelmcclatchy

• Recent member
« Reply #301 on: July 16, 2016, 05:28:56 pm »

Slideshow pictures fade in/out options.

ppataki

• World Citizen
« Reply #302 on: July 17, 2016, 03:37:01 pm »

Hello,
I would like to ask for per channel convolution, to be able to add a filter wav file for each channel instead of being able to add only one wav file (current functionality)
This would enable home theater room correction
Thank you

philipswittering424

« Reply #303 on: July 18, 2016, 03:26:59 am »

would be good to be able to right click on a track and select from
...Play this Album (From the beginning)
...Play entire directory (Alpha/numerically)
...Continue this Album (adds track n+1 and all remaining Album tracks to playing now prior to next scheduled track)
...Continue this Directory (adds remaining files to playing now prior to next scheduled track)

I also want these.

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2016, 12:19:53 pm »

My MC22 request is a renew for DSP per file feature.

The way it's currently built-in doesn't permit to play taged DSP files on differents playback zones. In my opinion this should work differently by doing some changes for more flexibility.

Currently if a file with the DSP tag is loaded then it will overwrite the zone DSP settings. This behavior requires to set the DSP tag to each file or else you may have a file playing with inappropriate DSP settings.

What if instead of overwriting DSP settings it could merge the 'per file' settings with zone settings? Furthermore in case of conflicts in DSP settings between 'per file' and zone I could choose which has the priority.

example:

DSP Zone: Output Format+Volume Leveling
DSP Per file: Equalizer
DSP Playback: Output Format+Volume Leveling+Equalizer

example (in case of conflict):

DSP Zone (high priority): Output Format+Volume Leveling+Equalizer
DSP Per file: Equalizer
DSP Playback: Output Format+Volume Leveling+Equalizer(from Zone settings)

Do you think this could happen?
Media server: Synology DS916+ (Dockerised JRiver MC 22) || Media player: Intel NUC D54250WYKH - Windows 10 x64/JRiver MC 22
HiFi: Matrix i-mini Pro 2015 (USB DAC) >> Atoll IN80 SE (Int Amp) >> B&W CM1 S2 & subwoofer B&W ASW610

tony ferrier

• Recent member
« Reply #305 on: July 22, 2016, 02:22:30 am »

Is there any plans to add UK catch up TV BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4 on demand etc

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2016, 08:41:10 pm »

My suggestions are a bit different (I suspect, having not read this entire thread…)

I would like to see refinement of MC be more of a priority.

By refinement I mean smooth off all the rough edges for the entire UI and UE.
Such things as a search engine that actually finds matches instead of displaying what it can't find (ie a blank screen).
This may be akin to saying, develop a search engine that will return items that are similar to the search terms or are 'related'.
IOW help the user find what (s)he is looking for and not stymie their search efforts.
This would be an example of a 'rough edge'.

Also the GUI could stand a 'makeover'.
I know of several folks who won't go near MC because it is WAY to intimidating, and "Ugly", no matter how functional it may be.

As I read in another post, MC is a techno marvel and is in keeping with the usual PC mindset of just learn the program and make it work…
Except that the instructions are inadequate and outdated and cryptic and worst of all are very hard to navigate and even find the information being sought, unless you already know the specific terminology…
(see my comment about the search engine above).

This leads to a 'bad' feeling about using the product for all but the techno motivated, and most folks just want to use the program to listen to music etc. and not fight the app.

Just a few thoughts to consider.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #307 on: July 23, 2016, 07:04:16 pm »

About a year ago I made a detailed report about editing Unicode fonts for Asian languages. They are impossible to edit in MC21 and MC22 editions. Please attend to this. I have much Thai music that needs editing.

About the same time there was agreement for the need to be able to switch from one genre to another and each list would remember the last playing music track. This is the most serious deficiency in your program I can find. Until it is done I will not be enjoying using your program. My music collection is over 5000 CD's. I do not want to start at the beginning of each list each time.

Your ripping program for CD's needs some serious stress testing. Ripping many, many CD's is a frustrating experience to say the lease. Even you your forums, the replies suggest using other programs to do the ripping. This should not be. Frequently end u with wrong album covers either from the data base or the previous scanned image. Sometimes even the previous text is used for the next CD inserted.

When listening to music for long periods of time and then switching to a movie, the video is flowing in a smooth stream. the computer needs to be rebooted to make satisfactory playback. Note I am using uncompressed format of audio and DVD & BD sources.

For remotes, there is a need for being able to select audio different audio tacks, change subtitles and/or select chapters. This needs to be in the form of a drop down menu of available choices.  When the display is separate from the server, and the viewing location separate from the server, convenience is not there.

I must be a terrible malcontent. Sorry about that.

ppataki

• World Citizen
« Reply #308 on: July 24, 2016, 12:18:31 am »

I would like to ask for an EQ in DSP that accepts biquad code
Thank you

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
« Reply #309 on: July 24, 2016, 02:11:35 am »

I would like to request that an easy "rerip" feature be added for ripping CD's. I ripped my collection ages ago as MP3 and I know want to rerip the whole thing as flac, without losing the tags I've added over the years, # of plays, rating, etc.

I found a process that works by searching this forum, however it has about 8 steps, prone to error and tedious. Adding the ability to rerip a collection would be a welcome addition.

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #310 on: July 24, 2016, 07:14:08 am »

Re-ripping. That is exactly the position I have been in and now making the 2nd pass at it. If you are lucky and the all the text data still exits on the "CD" data base in the program instead of the "MAIN" then you are in luck. If this is true when you insert the CD, the data should come up. If you have added the album artwork then you will be still more lucky.

FYI: if you set up a Smartlist with the following attributes you should be able to see the combined data in an easy to edit form.

Rules: Media Type  - is  - Audio

Modify Results:
Limit database to  - Main; CD
Sort by: Album (a-z)
             File Type (a-z)
             Track # (a-z)
             Date Imported (a-z)

You can add additional rules and modify results to shorten the lists to more workable lengths. I have been using this method ever since I started using MC. This keeps the CD data base synchronized with the MAIN, but is a manual process, so far there is no way to link the two together. Carful scrutiny usually shows up the discrepancies. And if the artwork is added to both at the same time. In the future, re-ripping will results in the correct text and artwork both.

Hopefully some of the suggestions will filter through and be used. I read with interest an above comment about the difficulty is using the program and reading the instructions. While the program is good for editing, for the simple audiofile listener who listens to albums instead of being a DJ. the program is difficult. My hope is to see just a list of albums and display only the tracks for the current album. My collection is about 5,000 CD's so genre lists run into the 10,000's so finding an album or the point of last listened to album does not work.

A good starting point would be a flow chart of the menu's with pop up documentation.

Regards, Harroun

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #311 on: July 25, 2016, 02:15:44 am »

All i want is subtitle download support. That's my only gripe.

I love MC and i can't live without it, but a serious media center of that scale, should have built-in subtitle download support for years now.

R-ed

• Recent member
« Reply #312 on: July 31, 2016, 10:35:13 am »

Wish a little change, an icon on taskbar control for pause when playback is running.

JohnnyFire

« Reply #313 on: August 05, 2016, 05:25:53 am »

please please please add this awsome and vital setting to JRiver!

like other player have it and its vital to fix the silent stream bug of the avr receiver that its not 100% a driver problem

i know with some setting that excist in jr now can make a workaround but if a sigle setting do this will be awsome!

carlsor

« Reply #314 on: August 08, 2016, 09:52:45 am »

I would like a test signal utility incorporated into MC similar to SWEEPGEN to output sine or square wave signals at constant frequencies or frequency sweeps.
This would help with speaker equalization calibration or testing of DIY DAC projects.
MC is the only software I have that can output DSD in DoP.

Thanks.....Ross

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #315 on: August 08, 2016, 10:00:06 am »

I would like a test signal utility incorporated into MC similar to SWEEPGEN to output sine or square wave signals at constant frequencies or frequency sweeps.
This would help with speaker equalization calibration or testing of DIY DAC projects.
MC is the only software I have that can output DSD in DoP.

Thanks.....Ross

You might check out Tools > Advanced Tools > Audio Calibration...

There are already tones for example.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pinokio

• Recent member
« Reply #316 on: August 10, 2016, 07:17:03 am »

I hope it will the last time  ;D

Is it possible to add: change subtitle color?

If not, could we know why is this such a huge problem?

thank you

Kid Twist

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #317 on: August 10, 2016, 11:47:59 am »

In Theater View, I'd like to be able to access Search from pretty much every page, instead of having to go to Home first.

Slim_Fishguttz

• Recent member
  • One's actions exist, but the one who acts does not
« Reply #318 on: August 11, 2016, 06:57:29 am »

1.  Ability to use HQPlayer as a backend, i.e. media player, while staying within MC eco-system.  HQPlayer can be used as backend from within Roon and Muso, for example.

2.  Use MC as a whole house music system, as in Roon and Sonos, for example. Music started on one device automagically plays on other connected devices.

3.  Buffer video playback.  Currently many of my blu-rays stutter when being played from NAS.  A solution to this problem may be already be available, but i am unable to find it.

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2016, 06:24:44 pm »

A possible solution to NO. 3 above. Unless there is something very different from my computer, I have the following experiences. MC chokes up my little surface 3 Pro, top of line version. After using MC version 20, 21 and 22 for a short period of time the MS Start menu will not open. If I have been listening to music first I have the same problem when switching any videos. DVD or BD. If I re-boot the computer, then videos play OK. But one I play music again, I must repeat the re-booting. I do not see how it would be possible to play a video and music at the same time from one server.

Another work around is using AnyDVD's free Virtual CloneDrive set up as shared. My OPPO player over the Ethernet sees the drive and with a little searching in the streaming section plays the video with the added advantage of the remote of the player can still changes the audio and subtitles which MC remotes will not do and of course all the other commands work. And the player will remember the location if stopped and restarted later. Need little free program.

Regards, Harroun
Bangkok, Thailand

Slim_Fishguttz

• Recent member
« Reply #320 on: August 12, 2016, 06:51:29 am »

.....  If I have been listening to music first I have the same problem when switching any videos. .....

Harroun -

You could be on to something about playing music first and then trying to watch a movie.  I will test and report a bug if what you say is repeatable.  Shouldn't have to re-boot computer to watch a movie.

As for watching a movie while playing music, something I also like to do, it can't be done.  Performance on both streams, with an i3 and 16 gb of memory, is unbearable.

Thanks for your input.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #321 on: August 12, 2016, 06:55:22 am »

For anything requiring discussion, please use another thread.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #322 on: August 19, 2016, 10:03:45 am »

For anything requiring discussion, please use another thread.

Is there an official Windows MC22 features thread yet?  @devs

You know my main requests:-

1. Car Radio - Option to toggle on/off auto start playing on car radio playlist change.

2. Car Radio - Remember last played track in each playlist. Or option to skip down to last played or start at top of playlist.

3. Standard View - An easy to set up on right click cover art slide show.  Based from the standard view rotated/reflected effect.  right click context menu to set read album folder/sub folders for 'cover' 'folder'  and start with those on each play to you know the main album/single cover.  Then using 'art' 'cover art' 'images' sub folders for slide show whilst that track/single'album plays - changing each track/album to associated sub folders. Options for quality inc transition fade speed/time etc for all GPU's.  With the reflected roated effect... and others.  This is the one I use daily though.

Viewing a easy to set up right click context menu slide show based off the folder of the currently playing track, would be so cool in standard view.

I cannot be alone in wanting this cover art slide show in standard view.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #323 on: August 19, 2016, 07:05:07 pm »

Would like to add my vote to "resume play" for the different lists available  This has come up several times before I am not sure there is any progress. Talking to different vendors with play back systems, all admit that this feature is the most requested, but no one seems to actually implement it.

For the slide show on albums, I vote also, have requested the ability to show the back cover of the playing album.  I am frequently spotting typos in my text titles. To be able to call up the back cover for reference surely bests trying to find the physical album again. My previous system based with a Creston controls and a bank of 12 CD changers could do these items and have spoiled me greatly.

Also, see attached display of problem editing complex Asian fonts, in Thai the vowels that normally are above or below the consonant are displayed after. Note the little MT square boxes with a character above it. Very difficult to read. Normal display works find. I think this involves the editing portion of the program will not work with "Unicode" fonts.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #324 on: August 22, 2016, 02:26:08 pm »

Would like to add my vote to "resume play" for the different lists available  This has come up several times before I am not sure there is any progress. Talking to different vendors with play back systems, all admit that this feature is the most requested, but no one seems to actually implement it.

What are you playing that you'd like to resume?

Because for example DVDs and long movies already bookmark and resume.  We don't resume audio, but maybe we could add a per-file option.

Give us some thoughts.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #325 on: August 22, 2016, 03:21:58 pm »

And even more, there already is a field called "Use Bookmarking".

Set it to "Yes" and the bookmark for audio should be preserved as well.

blgentry

« Reply #326 on: August 22, 2016, 03:32:42 pm »

I believe he is referring to playlists.  Some people have asked that playlists remember the song that was last played *in* that playlist.  So that when you start a playlist it starts from the last song you played (or the song after the last song you played).

Brian.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #327 on: August 22, 2016, 07:42:17 pm »

I believe he is referring to playlists.  Some people have asked that playlists remember the song that was last played *in* that playlist.  So that when you start a playlist it starts from the last song you played (or the song after the last song you played).

Brian.

Thats it yes.  I've been suggesting this for a couple of years now.   The car radio playlists from standard view.  I use a good few of them,  and just audio for me.  It would be good if when changing car radio playlists (playing now), that it jumps down to last track played instead of playing the first file in the list.  Or at least offer some options in preference section.   

Include option to not auto play when changing car radio playing now lists, but maybe still jump down to highlight last played track (or next track as Brian suggests above)

When I change my car radio playing now audio playlists (5000 entries or more) I would like it to remember the last track played and jump down the list ready to play.  If auto play option is on (default) then it auto plays,  if not then it just highlights read for playback.

Perfect :)

Slim_Fishguttz

• Recent member
« Reply #328 on: August 23, 2016, 09:21:26 am »

An NVIDIA shield version of program.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #329 on: August 23, 2016, 05:54:50 pm »

Because for example DVDs and long movies already bookmark and resume.  We don't resume audio, but maybe we could add a per-file option.

Give us some thoughts.

Thanks.

Thought on that subject-
I've got a *lot* of audiobooks. IMHO, Audiobooks should always resume, preferably on a file and playlist basis :)

I don't see the need to resume music, except maybe in playlists, but I'm sure someone has a use-case for it  :P

-Leezer-

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #330 on: August 23, 2016, 06:13:40 pm »

Thought on that subject-
I've got a *lot* of audiobooks. IMHO, Audiobooks should always resume, preferably on a file and playlist basis :)
We'll make sure this works.  Feel free to remind us.

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2016, 08:23:12 pm »

Am very encouraged with this conversation on resume play. For music listeners this appears to be most important improvement that can be added to the system. Reading over the above, this feature applies to music play lists only. It really needs to be also be enabled or disabled. More than 50% of my play lists are for editing purposes only, not playing. I personal fetish is keeping the "Main" and "CD" text data bases synchronized. This can be done with properly organized smart lists. As I listen to my music I spot typos and keep the data currently corrected. From time to time I find I have to re-rip a CD. When I do this now, the album cover and the text is applied to the re-ripping.

I would really like to see someway to highlight which play list is current. Some times it can get confusing as some genre's are similar.

Thanks, Harroun.

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #332 on: August 24, 2016, 06:41:05 am »

The only option I want is the ability to make library clients read only. I can then share my library with family without the risk of them deleting content.

Ross

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #333 on: August 24, 2016, 06:55:47 am »

Web based TV guide with ability to schedule Record / Subscribe / Cancel per program.

+1

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #334 on: August 24, 2016, 07:45:03 am »

Thought on that subject-

We already load the bookmark on audiobooks.  Here's the code:
bool bAudiobook = (bAudible || (strFileType.CompareNoCase(_T("m4b")) == 0) ||
         (strMediaSubType == MEDIASUBTYPE_AUDIOBOOK));

So in other words if you set the media sub-type to Audiobook, it should just work great today.

blgentry

« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2016, 09:36:51 am »

In party mode, completely disable all metadata editing or file renaming etc. "destructive" behaviour ;)

Party Mode does all of that.  That's the whole point of it.  Your other requests about changing the whole interface are another matter.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: August 24, 2016, 01:37:24 pm »

Grenache

• World Citizen
« Reply #337 on: August 24, 2016, 01:54:03 pm »

Shouldn't this Feature Requests thread (and the discussion you just split) be moved to the MC22 forum? There isn't much point in having feature requests in the MC21 forum when development has ended.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #338 on: August 24, 2016, 01:55:34 pm »

We'll move it eventually.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #339 on: August 24, 2016, 05:15:44 pm »

We already load the bookmark on audiobooks.  Here's the code:
bool bAudiobook = (bAudible || (strFileType.CompareNoCase(_T("m4b")) == 0) ||
         (strMediaSubType == MEDIASUBTYPE_AUDIOBOOK));

So in other words if you set the media sub-type to Audiobook, it should just work great today.

That only works for a single file unfortunately, which in my collection (852....) is very much in the minority.
An example picked at random from my collection:
Century Rain by Alastair Reynolds.
This was ripped from CD, with each track in the CD being a single chapter. (43 tracks, each ~45 mins)

What I want to do, is to click on the root audiobook 'album' , press play and for it to just resume exactly on the file and position it left off :)

Even Audible tends to split their large books into 3-4 files, and I've got quite a few with ~5 minute tracks (I presume the creators intended these as a crude 'resume' method for the CDs)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #340 on: August 25, 2016, 01:12:50 am »

When the tree is closed, we get a new "Library Views" menu at the top of the view header menu....

Please, can this be nested to reflect the existing tree structure?

-marko

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #341 on: August 26, 2016, 01:46:28 pm »

Auto update of all skins, official and 3rd party.  Enforce new skinning (code/method/practises) to allow for auto updating.  I have no idea how this would be done,  just the general broad idea for auto updating skins.

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #342 on: August 28, 2016, 11:50:42 am »

Hi all
The issue of the RMC tool not working correctly with SACD ISOs has been a long standing issue
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,96837.0.html
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,102783.msg713257.html#msg713257
and it has been raised in the forum regularly.
I have a large (>1'000) SACD ISO collection and I would be really grateful if this bug could be fixed during the lifetime of MC22. I regularly optimize the structure of my database over several machines and I always have to run circles around the "no touch" folder with the SACD ISOs.
From the forum posts I would assume that I am not the only one with this wish.
 :)

nickolsj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #343 on: September 04, 2016, 08:43:49 pm »

Would love to have the ability to see a file by file breakdown and progress meter when performing mass tagging.  As of right now all I can see is the "Saving tag changes (x remaining)" at the bottom of the window and think it would be helpful to be able to click on that message and get a more detailed status window to show what is happening, what succeeded and what errored out and why.  This way if problems or tags were screwed up in some way, one could catch, stop (possible even pause?), and correct them early on as opposed to waiting for the entire batch to complete.

nickolsj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #344 on: September 04, 2016, 08:49:51 pm »

Would also love to see the ability to run MC server as a service/process on Linux w/o having to run MC itself, like you can in Windows.

Slim_Fishguttz

• Recent member
« Reply #345 on: September 17, 2016, 05:52:43 am »

Would also love to see the ability to run MC server as a service/process on Linux w/o having to run MC itself, like you can in Windows.

you can do this now.  http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/The_Command_Line

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #346 on: September 17, 2016, 06:58:39 am »

Give us some thoughts.

Thanks.

In my case it would typically be operas and multi-cd sets - Haydn String Quartets say. (or the amazing Kamasi Washington's The Epic).  If MC could resume a playlist then I could make such things playlists and resume them where I left off listening. In the case of a long choral work I haven't always got two or three hours (or I get interrupted), and similarly with collections - there are some very good value classical boxed sets now available, but it's not always easy to remember how far I've  got listening to them. A bookmark in a playlist would crack the problem.

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #347 on: September 22, 2016, 12:53:05 pm »

Are closed captions in the development plan for MC22?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94333.new;topicseen#new

Walt Whitman

• Recent member
« Reply #348 on: September 25, 2016, 07:00:06 pm »

I want to offer a BIG +1 for a re-rip feature. I've been on the JRiver freight train since MC17. Before then, an iTunes user. Many of my CD rips are from the olden iTunes days. I would love to re-rip them using the MUCH BETTER JRiver ripper, but it's way too much of a hassle to reconstruct the metadata.

Anyway, since CD's have become so inexpensive (at least, in my case, a Classical Box buyer) an inordinate amount of my time is spent inputting data for CD's that should have metadata in a database JRiver accesses. Many are there, but too many are rife with mistakes; and others that you would think would have metadata are non-existent. I do my part inputting and correcting and uploading. So, another  BIG +1 for improved access to metadata. I could reclaim a lot of time in my life with just these two improvements.

To be fair, JRiver has been a huge boon to my music listening. Considering what we all have invested in equipment and music, I, for one, appreciate Media Center, and everyone on the other side of the software for everything that you do; you all have added immeasurably to my listening pleasure and satisfaction. The time I spend with Rameau, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner and Haydn (to name a few) and their champions Bernstein and Karajan, Paillard and Pinnock, Gardiner and Christie are made so much more rewarding and so much closer to perfection for what you do.

Thank You!

PS A/B comparison help sounds cool, too.

liquidsmoke

• Recent member
« Reply #349 on: September 29, 2016, 11:50:16 am »

I'd like a good solution for a DLNA renderer app on apple tv:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,101670.0.html
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up