INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 208503 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #400 on: January 20, 2017, 12:08:17 pm »

More specifically, in theater view, there is no gesture support for side swipes on the home screen, while throughout other areas, the gestures seem to work.

Headcool

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #401 on: January 21, 2017, 08:47:33 am »

When playing a movie in windowed mode, there is a "Close Display"-button. This button isn't present in the fullscreen overlay. Therefore I often have to go to the window-mode, then click the "Close Display"-button and then go to fullscreen-mode again.
Instead it would be much nicer, if this button would just be present at the fullscreen overlay.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #402 on: January 24, 2017, 09:33:26 pm »

When a large number of tags are being saved to files, It would be nice to show what files are about to get changed beforehand.

It could be like some sort of pop-up warning the user that a large number of files are about to be tagged automatically (100+ ?). 
There is a pop-up when you tag manually this would be perfect, same should apply when Auto-Import is doing tag changes.

I just learned this the hard way while having library issues and 3000+ files got changed.

Thx

Related to this - a pop up if a large number of files are about to be deleted prior to actually deleting. On more than one occasion I have lost large chunks of my library entries (without notice or warning) that I assume happened when auto import ran while the NAS was offline.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #403 on: January 25, 2017, 05:09:33 am »

A small request for the analyser view.... provide an option to auto adjust the y axis range so that it adjusts for internal volume (e.g. if I internal volume is at -20dB then reduce the y min/max by 20dB also)

gidu

• Recent member
« Reply #404 on: January 25, 2017, 06:25:37 am »

Hi !
It would be really fantastic if the Qobuz player was finally integrated into JRiver to allow HQ streaming instead of low-FI MP3 !
Gidu

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #405 on: January 27, 2017, 08:58:23 am »

One can easily create correctly sloped LR4 filters currently by "stacking" two of the generic 12dB low pass and high pass filters with the same setpoints.  This is the case because the built in high and low pass filters are butterworth filters and a Linkwitz Riley filter can be created by stacking two butterworth filters of half the slope of the desired Linkwitz Riley (in fact this is how LR's are made in analog, by cascading two butterworth topographies). 

So if you want a symmetrical 4th order LR (i.e. an LR with a 24dB) slope, dial in two 12dB low passess and two 12dB high passes all with the same set frequency.  They'll cross at -6dB and sum flat (no "butterworth bump").  I can confirm both from repeated measurement and personal experience because I use that exact topography in my own active speakers with JRiver and have for years  ;D

I agree that the existing filter labelled "linkwitz-riley" is incomplete and poorly labeled; it was added in response to some lobbying by a few of us active crossover enthusiasts, but the lobbying continues  ;)

The good news is there's an easy workaround as discussed above.  You can do almost anything you need to for active speakers in the PEQ block, it's just a matter of being familiar with the options, which admittedly are not as self-documenting as they could be.
I am going through this now and am not clear on how to construct a LR24 lowpass filter out of the 12 dB Butterworth filters.   All I want is a low pass LR24 filter to drive stereo subs; I run the main speakers full range so I don't need a high pass filter.  So do I combine two identical low pass 12 dB filters on SR, SL sub channels like this:

2 channels in 4 channel container
copy left to SL
copy right to SR
low pass at 40 Hz (SL, SR)

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #406 on: January 27, 2017, 09:08:36 am »

I am going through this now and am not clear on how to construct a LR24 lowpass filter out of the 12 dB Butterworth filters.   All I want is a low pass LR24 filter to drive stereo subs; I run the main speakers full range so I don't need a high pass filter.  So do I combine two identical low pass 12 dB filters on SR, SL sub channels like this:

2 channels in 4 channel container
copy left to SL
copy right to SR

I seriously need to go back to school because I have NO IDEA what you are even talking about. :(
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #407 on: January 27, 2017, 09:23:33 am »

I seriously need to go back to school because I have NO IDEA what you are even talking about. :(
Ha! I know the feeling.   

Earlier in the week I got the bright idea to try to let JRiver run my stereo subs directly and bypass the crossover on the sub amps because that crossover was too limited (only a 12 dB LR crossover).   It turns out that a 24dB LR filter sounds best which I know from using my dbx external crossover unit.   Problem is JRiver doesn't have any 24 dB LR filters - I just found out you have to construct them yourself from the provided 12dB Butterworth filters.  So I am asking precisely how you do that.   

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #408 on: January 27, 2017, 01:03:14 pm »

I would like to suggest couple of improvement for playlist handling in TheaterView.

First ability to remove item from playlist would be useful.

Second it would be nice when adding item to playlist MC would show playlist groups first. It would make navigation to desired playlist much more easier if there are many playlists. Now every group is collapsed and it is cumbersome to find correct playlist.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #409 on: January 27, 2017, 01:41:02 pm »

First ability to remove item from playlist would be useful.
That is already available. Navigate to Playing Now > Playlist in the top roller. Select the item in the playlist and you can choose to remove it.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #410 on: January 27, 2017, 02:34:07 pm »

Ha! I know the feeling.   

Earlier in the week I got the bright idea to try to let JRiver run my stereo subs directly and bypass the crossover on the sub amps because that crossover was too limited (only a 12 dB LR crossover).   It turns out that a 24dB LR filter sounds best which I know from using my dbx external crossover unit.   Problem is JRiver doesn't have any 24 dB LR filters - I just found out you have to construct them yourself from the provided 12dB Butterworth filters.  So I am asking precisely how you do that.

FYI - This is a feature request thread, not a help thread so your post may go unnoticed by anyone that can answer. Try creating a new thread specifically for this question and it will get more eyeballs.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #411 on: January 27, 2017, 02:45:06 pm »

That is already available. Navigate to Playing Now > Playlist in the top roller. Select the item in the playlist and you can choose to remove it.
Thanks but doesn't that 'remove' control Playing Now's playlist. I want to remove item from other playlists I have made. For example I have playlist where I keep shortlist of movies  I want to watch next and after I have watched movie from that list I would like to remove it from that playlist

CountryBumkin

Feature Request - return to Theater View "main menu" after period of inactivity
« Reply #412 on: February 04, 2017, 11:27:00 am »

One problem I deal with is that some people in my household will watch something (TV, Show, Movie, etc.) and then just turn off TV when done. I always leave computer running 24/7. Then when the next person comes along and turns on TV (to use JRiver program) the MC program is not on the main Theater View menu. And it can be hard to figure out where it is sometimes - like if the person was watching a TV Show and then just shuts off TV without stopping MC first.

So what I would like to see, is an "option in the settings" to return MC to Theater View main menu page after MMM minutes of inactivity - then for example, if nothing is playing and there is no keyboard/mouse/remote activity, after 2 hours (120 min) MC would send a "Stop command" (which may or may not be needed) and then reset itself to the main menu.

blgentry

That sounds weird.

How hard can it be to press the back button a few times?

Brian.

CountryBumkin

It's not that big of a problem - just something extra I think would be nice.

Where it was getting confusing is when computer display would go to "blank screen saver" or "go to sleep", then someone wants to watch a Movie or Show they hit the "Media Center" button on harmony remote (which turns on TV and switches to HDMI input) and the screen is blank.  I recall it takes a bit of work to figure out what is wrong and get the picture back and then get back to Theater View menu. Just turning on the TV and sending TV command to switch to HDMI 1 would not wake up display (computer is on 24/7). Then you start hitting the remote buttons ...

I now have computer setup for display "never to sleep" and "no screensaver".

But personally, when I start Media Center I like it to always be at the Theater View main menu.  ;)

Hendrik

• Administrator

But personally, when I start Media Center I like it to always be at the Theater View main menu.  ;)

You can just change your remote button to instruct MC to reset to Theater View start, others have posted their remote scripts before to do just that, maybe someone comes along and shares again.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #416 on: February 05, 2017, 07:20:10 pm »

Is it possible to separate the various Option areas when exporting/importing?

For instance, I work out a specific audio "zone" with DSP, channel switching, etc. on my desktop, and want to transfer to my laptop without a full library export/import.

A good place to start would be the categories on the left in the Options screen... Audio, Burning, CD,DVD, & BD, etc.

Is this a viable request, or can it already be done now without elaborate scripting?

Thanks.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

jackd7630

• Recent member
« Reply #417 on: February 05, 2017, 08:48:21 pm »

Further to my message Create a view for movies with multiples tracks audio, be able to store the audio flows present during the video analysis.
Regards

imeric

• MC Beta Team

You can just change your remote button to instruct MC to reset to Theater View start, others have posted their remote scripts before to do just that, maybe someone comes along and shares again.

I'd love that.

Usually just hitting Menu on my Harmony (Which is like the green button) brings me right back into theater view but not if the computer or display were asleep...I then need to grab the mouse to get the screen back then I hit the green button to get into theater view....
Question is how do we wake the PC or Screen with just an MCE remote? Is this feasible with these scripts?

stewart_pk

Dolby Digital 5.1 Decoding on ASIO Line In?
« Reply #419 on: February 14, 2017, 10:24:43 pm »

Please, is there any chance?

Negasonic

• World Citizen
« Reply #420 on: February 14, 2017, 11:13:36 pm »

There is a function in the Player menu called "Stop After Current File" which will stop playback after the currently playing file in the playlist has been played.

Feature Request: I'd like to be able to select any file in the playlist and (by Right click or from menu) use a "Stop After Selected File" function.

imugli

• MC Beta Team

I'd love that.

Usually just hitting Menu on my Harmony (Which is like the green button) brings me right back into theater view but not if the computer or display were asleep...I then need to grab the mouse to get the screen back then I hit the green button to get into theater view....
Question is how do we wake the PC or Screen with just an MCE remote? Is this feasible with these scripts?

If you're in MC already, and the screen has just gone to sleep, pressing any button should bring it back on. For instance when my TV goes to sleep, I normally just press one of the D pad buttons to bring it back.

You can also tell MC to start in TheaterView automatically in Options.

ubik

« Reply #422 on: February 19, 2017, 02:24:50 am »

Hi,

I use JRiver to play lots of hi res audio / video files.
I'm using the ASIO driver as i have a RME AES PCI Express sound card and JRiver takes control of it and automatically sets sample rate as required (usually 48000 for movies).

Trouble is that after i exit JRiver, the sample rate remains at the last value set by JRiver and does not get put back to where it was.
Other software on my machine, for example the TIDAL desktop app, require a fixed 44.1KHZ setting to function in exclusive mode so i need to change that by hand each time.

Would it be possible to have the option to set sample rate at last known value when exiting JRiver?
This would improve compatibility with other applications that require a certain sample rate to work properly.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #423 on: February 19, 2017, 07:44:52 am »

Hi,

I use JRiver to play lots of hi res audio / video files.
I'm using the ASIO driver as i have a RME AES PCI Express sound card and JRiver takes control of it and automatically sets sample rate as required (usually 48000 for movies).

Trouble is that after i exit JRiver, the sample rate remains at the last value set by JRiver and does not get put back to where it was.
Other software on my machine, for example the TIDAL desktop app, require a fixed 44.1KHZ setting to function in exclusive mode so i need to change that by hand each time.
Try pressing stop instead of pause.  Please start a thread if you want help.

ubik

« Reply #424 on: February 19, 2017, 02:18:33 pm »

Thank you for the quick reply.

Posted a thread but got no reply so i figured it must be a feature request.

Just tested it - if i press stop after playing a movie, sample rate does not return to previous value (44.1khz), it stays at 48khz where JRiver set it because of the movie.

Any way to set it back to the previous value after playback or even better on exit?

koupa

• Recent member
« Reply #425 on: February 21, 2017, 04:31:22 pm »

I would like the sidecar metadata to be in the main library folder instead of the actual data folder. I like to keep my folders organized with my own system and I don't want anyone to have access there.

Plutotype

• Recent member
« Reply #426 on: February 25, 2017, 04:43:02 am »

Hi,

• subtitles can´t be shifted down to avoid protruding of the 2-row subtitles into the picture area - out of the anamorphic black belt. This happens with subtitle size bigger than 70% on 16:9 displays. Adding 40% and 50% shifting range would fix this.
  • please enable subtitle shift setting to be global, it defaults to 0% with each application start, which is totally against "setup once and do not worry anymore"
  • subtitle size and shifting should get keyboard shortcuts
Please implement these features, it´s not that hard.

mk_linn

• Recent member
« Reply #427 on: March 04, 2017, 08:03:00 am »

Hi, same happened to me. Stuck in version 20. Please restore the support or linn users must run version 20 forever...

Restore support of Linn DS network Streamers (fast forward, rewind support was removed after 21.0.8 on Mac so I am stuck with that version, later versions crash the Linn's)
Note version 21.0.8 does not accept the MC22 key I just purchased....

smart

• Recent member
« Reply #428 on: March 05, 2017, 05:52:17 am »

Hello, please, add search of a song in playlists

Add the field (Will play) when finishing time a track (in play now)

Thank you

ppataki

• World Citizen
« Reply #429 on: March 05, 2017, 06:42:13 am »

Please enable DXVA in Red October HQ for AMD graphics cards
Thank you

ppataki

• World Citizen
« Reply #430 on: March 05, 2017, 06:43:53 am »

Please increase Room Correction Distance unit of measure granularity from 0.1 meter to 0.01 meter
Thank you

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #431 on: March 05, 2017, 07:10:55 am »

Please add better support for mp3 files with VBR encoding - they play fine but the file display just shows an arbitrary figure so it's not obvious they are VBR at all. Thanks.
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

Spike1000

Re: Feature Requests - 'Lookup Track Info from Online Database' preview?
« Reply #432 on: March 09, 2017, 03:12:55 am »

'Lookup Track Info from Online Database' intermediate preview?

I've just been playing with the Lookup Track Info from Online Database option. It's a bit 'brutal' as it's all or nothing with no preview and just a global undo to go back. How about an intermediate dialogue that previews 'Local' and 'Remote' values with a check box column to mark which fields optionally get updated? The view I'm calling this from may not display the tags that could be updated so I'm driving blind and that's a bit too risky for me :(

Clearly things get a bit multidimensional if multiple tracks are selected, and maybe that could wait for version 2, but for single tracks a 'preview' dialogue would be a great improvement.

Spike

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #433 on: March 09, 2017, 08:06:34 am »

I'd love to have the option to ignore pre-existing metadata in video files during auto import so that only good info from Carniac is used.

CountryBumkin

It's not that big of a problem - just something extra I think would be nice.

Where it was getting confusing is when computer display would go to "blank, then someone wants to watch a Movie or Show they hit the "Media Center" button on harmony remote (which turns on TV and switches to HDMI input) and the screen is blank.  I recall it takes a bit of work to figure out what is wrong and get the picture back and then get back to Theater View menu. Just turning on the TV and sending TV command to switch to HDMI 1 would not wake up display (computer is on 24/7). Then you start hitting the remote buttons ...

I now have computer setup for display "never to sleep" and "no screensaver".

So User is done watching a TV Show recording and they hit the "Off" button on the Harmony remote. That turns off the TV (and AVR) but the JRiver computer/program is still running. However in this case the TV Show is actually still playing. User never "stopped playback". It plays recording to the end, and the screen goes blank (with a mouse you can move up to the top of screen and reveal the hidden "play bar".

In another thread on this subject it was suggested to add a "Stop Command" to the Harmony remote so when the User hits "Off" button on the Harmony, it sends a "Stop Command" first then shuts off TV and AVR. This works great except that if the User hits the "Stop" button first for the Show (as should be done) then hits "Off" button, its the same as hitting Stop twice - which then clears the bookmark.

So to make this fix work - could JRiver add a switch/selection in the MC settings to allow the ignore a "double stop"? It needs to be a switch (yes/no) as some Users would still want to the double stop to clear bookmark. In my case I don't want to clear the bookmark.

I guess there is no easy fix to "Users using the program incorrectly", but this would help foolproof it some.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #435 on: March 14, 2017, 09:38:05 am »

I would like:

"Continue watching..." section/playlist like Netflix has.

"Similar artists/albums" pane to appear at bottom of playing now in Theater view and Standard view.

Cortana integration for full voice control if Windows allows it yet.

Add "Rating" to the OSD in Theater View

Better Youtube interface for Theater View (Login and get your personal suggestions feed like the normal youtube page)

Better touch interface in Standard View. (Tree items should be full pane width touchable, fan open when you touch and fan closed when you touch again)

Trumpetguy

« Reply #436 on: March 15, 2017, 06:06:33 am »

I find browsing images by location really useful and cool.

Could you please consider adding photo viewing on a map where thumbs are placed based on geo-tags? Full zoom capabilities from Earth to street view would be the best, but the feature could also be quite useful with map resolution down to single countries or larger parts of countries. Maybe for standard view first, then consider expanding to theater view?

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #437 on: March 15, 2017, 01:54:55 pm »

I'm hoping for audio stream/subtitle switching in theater view for television, the same way it works on BD or videos (not with a right click on the video)  8)

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #438 on: March 15, 2017, 07:26:20 pm »

[...]Problem is JRiver doesn't have any 24 dB LR filters - I just found out you have to construct them yourself from the provided 12dB Butterworth filters.

JRiver people: If it's so simple, why not include it in the program's own toolkit, rather than make the user figure it out?

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #439 on: April 07, 2017, 02:46:00 pm »

I'd like on option in settings for internal volume, to use a volume curve like 1% = 1db  ;D

PGibby

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #440 on: April 07, 2017, 03:00:07 pm »

I'd like to formally request individual channel volume level adjustments while using JRSS downmixing.

This would be icing on the cake for us that use a 2-ch stereo for movies, and would like to boost the center (or reduce the other channels).

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #441 on: April 14, 2017, 09:13:43 am »

I'd like to formally request individual channel volume level adjustments while using JRSS downmixing.

This would be icing on the cake for us that use a 2-ch stereo for movies, and would like to boost the center (or reduce the other channels).

I would go even further and request a whole Parametric Equalizer section before JRSS mixing is applied.

elviscaprice

• Recent member
« Reply #442 on: April 14, 2017, 03:31:52 pm »

Ability to play video on main JR MC but synchronize and stream audio to a renderer via DLNA?  Think I have that right.  This would be great for us audiophiles that would like to use Ethernet for galvanic isolation to a low power NAA specifically suited for maintain high quality audio stream, which means no video capabilities.

ppataki

• World Citizen
« Reply #443 on: April 21, 2017, 03:53:53 am »

I would like to have more crossover frequencies in Room Correction, please add 50, 70 and 90Hz
Also please add more high-pass and low-pass slopes: 6, 12, 24, 36, 48, 72 and 96dB/octave would be nice for both
Thank you

MusicHawk

« Reply #444 on: April 21, 2017, 12:33:47 pm »

For cover art, Get From Internet needs one tiny addition, so it provides the full set of cover art options.

It allows selecting a new cover art image it finds, or keeping an existing library image. But it is missing Remove Cover Art.

BECAUSE, sometimes the track already has a wrong image, but no proper image is being found by Get From Internet. The Get From Internet dialog needs an additional button, Remove Cover Art (doing the same same action as already on the Library menu).

It is much better to display no image than a wrong image.

Also, a track with no image is easy to locate later, to work on getting a proper image. But a track with a wrong image just disappears into the vast library.

Why not just exit Get From Internet then just deal with the wrong-image track? Because I'm often running Get From Internet on a long list of tracks -- an entire artist collection, or even more. So, a bad-image track is buried in the long list; I have to make manual notes, then go find tracks with this problem.

PS: This not an isolated need, because I routinely experience a wrong cover art image assigned, unnoticed. One source is ripping that pulls up a poor/wrong image. But another is when updating a track's cover art image, and not noticing that it also changes another track (or many other tracks) elsewhere in the library. This possibly can happen when artist and album names are the same, or album name is blank, or .... not sure, I see it happen by surprise and don't always discern a reason. I'm not faulting MC for doing this, just asking for a simple, consistent way to fix it when discovered.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2017, 12:58:53 pm »

Ability to play video on main JR MC but synchronize and stream audio to a renderer via DLNA?  Think I have that right.  This would be great for us audiophiles that would like to use Ethernet for galvanic isolation to a low power NAA specifically suited for maintain high quality audio stream, which means no video capabilities.

It would also be useful for people, like myself, who would like to use their DLNA stereo with videos as well.

Sesam

• World Citizen
« Reply #446 on: April 26, 2017, 07:37:59 am »

A couple of requests:

- Option to have TV series and season image in the same directory as where the video file is located (preferably with the same naming scheme as Kodi uses "poster.jpg", "season01-poster.jpg").

- Possibility to tag MP4 video files. Currently I use "MP3Tag" for tagging videos in mp4 containers, MC is already capable of reading the tags, but unable to edit them.

tyler69

« Reply #447 on: April 26, 2017, 08:00:20 am »

An implementation which also takes WDM audio into consideration would be great!

Other notes/ideas:
- airplay support would be awesome (for now tuneaero serves as an airplay receiver for me)
- 64bit architecture (for madvr 64bit and more memory playback flexibility)
- overall better UX (without going into details here, some (sometimes) frustrating gui bloppers could probably be optimized)
- room correction (e.g. acourate. i know, this is not likely going to happen, but one can dream. maybe even as a seperate licence)
- other windows integration of client/server (so that audio stream does not stop when MC client is closed while server is active in the tray)
- synology server package (for obvious reasons)
- ability to choose tracks to compare in listening test (so that I can compare different masterings for example)

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #448 on: April 26, 2017, 09:03:50 am »

Relatively Simple Requests:
1. When exporting playlists, make the checkbox for "Store paths relative..." persistent.
2. Allow selection of more than one playlist when exporting.

Maybe-Not-So-Simple Request:
Provide option to, or as default, eliminate menu items in view during audio playback/playing now in Theater view. Ideally see nothing but artist images from online media show during playback and have the menu items appear when prompted with external input (mouse, keyboard, remote).
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

jackd7630

• Recent member
« Reply #449 on: April 26, 2017, 12:28:06 pm »

Hi

Be able to get back the information of the api Tmdb in another language for movies would avoid a secondary software

Regards
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up