INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multiple SD cards are not distinguished  (Read 2144 times)

tutenchamun

• Recent member
multiple SD cards are not distinguished
« on: May 19, 2016, 01:43:47 am »

This is a revamp of an older thread (for MC 20)
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98633.msg683221#msg683221

MC21 still does not distinguish multiple SD cards (same type/size).
This is needed in order to "bind/configure" to sync specific playlists for sync to specific SD cards.
For now I have to manually change the sync playlist whenever I change the card.

I looked into "/Users/*USER*/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 20/Settings/User Settings.ini"
Each external drive seems to get registered, the strings are not identical.

[Portable Devices\\Detected Devices\\IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/EHC2@1A/AppleUSBEHCI/microSD RDR@1a120000/IOUSBInterface@0/IOUSBMassStorageClass/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceType00/IOBlockStorageServices]
[Portable Devices\\Detected Devices\\IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/XHC1@14/AppleUSBXHCI/microSD RDR@15200000/IOUSBInterface@0/IOUSBMassStorageClass/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceType00/IOBlockStorageServices]

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: multiple SD cards are not distinguished
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 03:46:53 pm »

I continue to have the same issue, but with a single card.  I have an external card reader that I can plug into one of 12 usb ports on my system.  I also have a music player that holds this card, which has a USB interface on it.

With the card reader, or with the music player, plugged into the computer, the card shows up with the same name in the operating system "MUSICARD1".  I gave it that name and I can edit it.

But I can't seem to figure out how to make MC recognize it more than once.  I just tried 5 different USB ports *and* the music player with the card.  In all cases, the OS sees it as the same volume and mounts it in the same location.  But MC doesn't see it at all.

Essentially, every time I want to re-sync this card, I have to define it again.

I've checked the User Settings.ini file and I seem to have an entry that corresponds to this card.  But it doesn't show a device path.  It's all rather confusing as I have no idea what MC is using to key on.  I.E., how does MC identify a mounted device?

Doesn't it make the most sense to ID the card based on the volume name and path?  That would seem to be a good approach to me, but I haven't had a ton of experience with this; perhaps there's a good reason MC does it differently.

What I am sure about is that the current system really doesn't work on Mac for me.  If I'm doing something wrong, I'd be happy to change and do it the right way.  Any suggestions?

Brian.

mike.s

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 12:38:22 pm »

A great first step would be to ID using the volume name, but not necessarily the path. I sometimes connect my Fiio via my K5 dock, other times via USB, and sometimes the miniSD card via SD slot on my computer via adapter.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 02:29:50 pm »

I have the same issue.

I have multiple cards that I sync to, each with different playlist(s). All cards are configured the same except the playlists. I configure it so it does not automatically sync. Then I verify the playlists(s) before I manually initiate the sync.
Pages: [1]   Go Up