INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jriver not recognising all my wav files  (Read 3004 times)

grahamfocal

• Recent member
jriver not recognising all my wav files
« on: May 20, 2016, 01:32:26 pm »

i have hundreds of albums stored on an external hard drive, mostly in wav, but jriver is not recognsing them, and not loading them to the library. If I do each file separately it works, or go to the file location, right click, and play using jriver that works, so the files are okay.

I tried to download another music server to try it out, and the same result, so its not JRiver, please help  :'(

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: j river not recognising all my wav files
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 02:54:41 pm »

If you go to "Drives & Devices>Explorer>your music folder", and then right click on the folder and select "Import Into Library" what happens?

Could these have been imported once already and then removed/deleted for some reason (like replacing a drive)? There is a setting that says "Ignore Files Previously Deleted from Library" - if this is checked MC won't reimport anything previously deleted.

grahamfocal

• Recent member
Re: j river not recognising all my wav files
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 12:07:44 pm »

If you go to "Drives & Devices>Explorer>your music folder", and then right click on the folder and select "Import Into Library" what happens?

Could these have been imported once already and then removed/deleted for some reason (like replacing a drive)? There is a setting that says "Ignore Files Previously Deleted from Library" - if this is checked MC won't reimport anything previously deleted.

Will have a look, and report back.

grahamfocal

• Recent member
Re: jriver not recognising all my wav files
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 12:13:27 pm »

I have got it. It dumped loads of albums into unassigned folder

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 12:21:53 pm »

^ Yeah, tagging of WAV files isn't exactly standardized.  So, if yours are tagged, MC must not have picked up the tags.  However, if these files are organized into Artist/Album folders (or something similar), you can have MC read those fields from the directory and file names.  The tool is:

Library Tools > Fill Properties from filename

Here's a very long detailed thread about doing this kind of tagging, including using that tool:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=78206.msg531771#msg531771

Good luck.

Brian.

grahamfocal

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 02:26:01 pm »

Thank you  :)

^ Yeah, tagging of WAV files isn't exactly standardized.  So, if yours are tagged, MC must not have picked up the tags.  However, if these files are organized into Artist/Album folders (or something similar), you can have MC read those fields from the directory and file names.  The tool is:

Library Tools > Fill Properties from filename

Here's a very long detailed thread about doing this kind of tagging, including using that tool:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=78206.msg531771#msg531771

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up