INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 owned ~1yr but never installed: ?  (Read 2656 times)

RJF

• Recent member
MC21 owned ~1yr but never installed: ?
« on: May 23, 2016, 03:42:28 pm »

I've been owner & running MC19 since late 2013.
I purchased update to MC21 July 2015; have registration code from that time; Have NEVER installed MC21 .
PC running MC19 died this past week.
New pc is high horsepower Win10pro x64.
I'll be running with usb dac.
Unsure as to how to proceed so as to use MC21;
Thx in advance for procedure.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

RJF

• Recent member
Re: MC21 owned ~1yr but never installed: ?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 04:08:51 pm »

Thx Jim!

RJF

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 04:49:38 pm »

The instructions refer to Version and imply hardware all tied to License.
Do I need to first install MC19 on the new pc (no MC presently installed), ?.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 05:28:41 pm »

No. Better that you don't.

A backup from MC19 should restore into MC21 fine. Make sure you do restore settings. There will be some differences in settings backed up and restored, so will need to go through and check all your settings.

Enjoy the new, high powered PC, and MC21!
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RJF

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 06:10:24 pm »

Thanks for the support.
We'll download & install MC21 on the virgin win10, then follow your link for licensing.
As far as past settings.... nothing to review because pc running MC19 is DEAD.
We've disk image but Not bringing that OS back.... sooo this is a complete new build.
Plan is to follow the JRiver recs for setup with usb dac.
Music source is 2TB satellite usb drive which is fine (operational).
System used 100% for 2 channel audio (looking for highest quality). 
Thx again for your help!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 07:28:00 pm »

If you have a disc image that isn't too old, and can get the backup of the MC library off it, that would help give you a head start in setting up MC21. Did you have custom views, library fields, tagging, or similar that will take time to recreate, or was MC19 all still set at defaults?

Of course as it is an audio only installation, if you have all tags stored in the files, including Cover Art, then it will just be custom views, library fields, etc. that will need to be recreated. Tags should be imported fine.

I wasn't suggesting restoring the old OS. Just the MC19 library, as it will be compatible with the MC21 software.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up