INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver sending search info to Amazon - undesired behavior  (Read 1670 times)

shimrod

• Recent member
JRiver sending search info to Amazon - undesired behavior
« on: May 28, 2016, 08:28:18 am »

I use JRiver MC21 on a laptop as the front end to an audio system. My music is stored on other computers and a couple NAS devices, all accessed via ethernet. Today I searched my library for a file and instead of producing the desired file MC21 was showing me an amazon page where I could download the song I was searching for. I went to options-services and could not find any way to defeat sending of my information to Amazon; there's an Amazon box (unchecked) but it appears that only controls display of Amazon on the tree. I did not see any way to prevent JRiver from transmitting my information. I have not seen this behavior prior to the recent update.

How do I prevent JRiver from communicating with Amazon and all other retailers? I understand the program needs to communicate with JRiver for updates, etc. I don't want it communicating with any other entity.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver sending search info to Amazon - undesired behavior
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 09:24:58 am »

I don't know how you could see that.  Are you using the search box in the upper right corner?  It sounds like you're using a browser to search.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 09:53:06 am »

Are you using the Doctor Who feature? If yes, when you download a playlist from Doctor Who, the program will search your computer for matching songs and provide short samples with links to Amazon for those songs you don't own.

shimrod

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 10:10:03 am »

Yes, I was using the search box in the upper right. And I had highlighted the "audio" topic in the lefthand tree.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 10:13:33 am »

Yes, I was using the search box in the upper right. And I had highlighted the "audio" topic in the lefthand tree.

MC does not do this.

Are you sure you didn't install some kind of plugin? Could you take a screenshot showing what you mean and post it?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up