INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Here's a strange one....(fixed thanks to CountryBumkin)  (Read 2727 times)

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Here's a strange one....(fixed thanks to CountryBumkin)
« on: June 02, 2016, 03:32:55 pm »

If I am in MC 21 on the client, I cannot watch a bdmv file.  I get a message that Media Center cannot play this type of file over the net (not exact words).

If I load MC20 on the client, I can watch the same file/movie.

Seems backwards to me.  Why can't MC21 do something that MC 20 can??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Here's a strange one....
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 04:29:43 pm »

Your settings may be different.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 05:11:41 pm »

I had this problem on my Client - and the fix was to "map the drive where the movie is stored".

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
Well...
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 07:18:36 pm »

Wouldn't the settings on the update to MC21 from MC20 be the same??  If not, why would they not??

If it's on the same computer, why would one version need the drive mapped and the other not?  I'll give it a try though CB; thanks.

Media Center should really use the same exact settings on an update; even between versions.  These are the kind of things that drive users a bit batty with this software.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 12:09:56 am »

from the subject line I figured you were talking about somebody! Oh wait I'm in the wrong forum....never mind!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

CountryBumkin

Re: Well...
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 05:07:53 am »

Wouldn't the settings on the update to MC21 from MC20 be the same??  If not, why would they not??

If it's on the same computer, why would one version need the drive mapped and the other not?  I'll give it a try though CB; thanks.

Media Center should really use the same exact settings on an update; even between versions.  These are the kind of things that drive users a bit batty with this software.

Yes, the settings should stay the same when you do an upgrade.  As you know, mapping the drive is not an MC setting - its a Windows thing, but either way it wouldn't have changed from doing a MC upgrade. But take a look anyways. I'm not sure that Mapping the drive is required, or the correct solution - I'm just saying it worked for me.

Is the message I posted the same as your seeing? If yes, maybe JRiver can comment on what situations result in that message coming up.

Also - be sure that "Play local file if one that matches Library Server file is found" is checked at Tools>Options>Media Network > Client Options

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 04:00:48 pm »

CountryBumkin, appreciate your insight.  The drives were mapped already, but it was the checkbox "Play local file if one that matches Library Server file is found".  Many thanks.  Without guys like you, this software would be a real bear for many users.

The reason for the earlier questions is I had just recently upgraded for when MC22 comes out, after skipping the last upgrade.  I had changed nothing as I was putting it through its paces when I noticed this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up