INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9.1 DVD Still having problems? do i need a decoder  (Read 936 times)

silencematters

• Recent member
  • quiet down
9.1 DVD Still having problems? do i need a decoder
« on: August 10, 2003, 08:27:17 am »

i dont understand. I thought that if i bought 9.0, then i would be able to watch DVD's through it. I have no other software for my DVD player installed. Do i need to buy Power DVD? Do i need to buy a decoder? I cant seem to find out what a decoder is, and if you have to buy one, or are there free ones? is it like a driver?

hmmmmmmm
i would appreciate any help on this. i see that there are quite a few resposes to questions like this on here,. and none have helped.
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

phelt

Re: 9.1 DVD Still having problems? do i need a dec
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 11:20:02 am »

AFAIK, you do need another program installed which has a DVD decoder. PowerDVD is one, WinDVD is another, there are others. You don't need to use those programs, just have them installed. MC leverages their decoders for its own playback, IIRC.

There is at least one project attempt to make a free decoder. Sorry that I don't have linkage - user reports that I've seen have been mixed, with quite a few having problems, so I've not kept up with them. Other folks will likely add to this thread with more info.

JeffB

• World Citizen
Re: 9.1 DVD Still having problems? do i need a dec
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 06:57:14 pm »

I sent you a PM with my E-mail address so I could 'help' you as a response to your last thread.  I sent you another PM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up