INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z-wave Hardware  (Read 2429 times)

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Z-wave Hardware
« on: June 14, 2016, 07:16:48 am »

Will any z-wave potentially device work with engen? Ie, led controllers, sensors?

Are the different commands (the list you get from the help command) unique to each device? In other words, once a device is paired it comes with new commands to control it?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Z-wave Hardware
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 07:51:35 am »

At this time, it will probably work with most, maybe all, lights.  It doesn't yet work with any sensors, but it should work sometime this summer.

Gene (linutic) may have more to say about commands.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 08:18:26 am »

We have one of those but haven't worked with it yet.  It might work as a switch (on/off).  Color control will work sometime soon.

Switches and switched outlets will work. 

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 11:14:19 pm »

I have one of those and currently when I turn that node on the Green Channel is controlled.
It shows up in my other software as 5 channels of Multi Level. (RGBW and All)

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 09:00:47 pm »

I won another Z-wave battle today. You really have to fight these devices, its great.

The Fibaro LED controller arrived, and setting this thing up with an RGB strip was trickier than anticipated.  Had to hunt around drawers for wires, power supplies, etc.

Once it was wired up, I found a button which made the strip glow green for 5 seconds then fade. I thought I had a weak power supply but checked the specs: 12v 2amps was plenty of juice. So I just hit the button over and over for five minutes to see what would happen.

Turns out, this is how you pair the device! Node 3 appeared without removing the Z-stick.

Basic_set works, Color_set works just like the Aeon light bulb with Green, Blue, and Red.

Time for a beer!

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 07:29:40 pm »

BTW, if you want manual / local control of the lights, the IN 0 - 3 allow for a momentary switch to provide on/off and dim control.
I've wired it to a momentary wall switch so it looks like any other wall switch. Hoping to use this for under cabinet lighting on just the white channel. I need things to work somewhat if the controller is down, or I'm playing :-)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CTVYS0Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm going to keep looking for a bit lighter duty one as this one does have quite a <CLICK> when used.

But if you only want Z Wave control . . . . . . .
Pages: [1]   Go Up