INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 1654 times)

jrjmpls

• Recent member
Please Help
« on: June 14, 2016, 09:25:56 am »

Suddenly, when I try to play a file, I get a message saying something went wrong. When I try to locate the file on disk, I get a messsage saying the file does not exist. It lists the path where it should be and it is there. Why is it suddenly telling me that my music files (NONE OF THEM) don't exist. They are where they are supposed to be. They are on a network drive which is connected to the MC computer and I can see them with file explorerr.
Can anyone help me get going again?
Thanx!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Please Help
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 09:27:36 am »

The drive letter may have changed.  This is a Windows problem.  Usually people assign the drive to be Z: so this doesn't happen.

It happens when a new drive is plugged in.  If you've added anything, try unplugging it and then rebooting.

jrjmpls

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 09:31:52 am »

I haven't added anything in years. And the file is assigned Z: but what shows up in :
windows file explorer:  \\RT-AC68P (Z:)
jrmc locate:                \\RT-AC68P

The drive has always been assinged Z:. I'm not sure what the locate path said in the past-but I haven't changed it.
Rebooting doesn't help and there's nothing new to unplug.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 09:41:11 am »

What you showed for MC's listing doesn't show a drive letter.  It only shows a network path.  If the naming on your network has changed in some way, MC might not be able to get to it any more.

You might try changing the path to one or two files to have Z:\ instead of \\RT-AC68P and see if that works.

If it does, you can update everything to point to Z: using the Rename, Move, and Copy tool.

To help troubleshoot this more fully, it might be helpful for you to post a screen shot from MC that shows the full filename and path for a few of your files.  Then a screen shot of Windows Explorer, showing it's full path to those same files.

Brian.

jrjmpls

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 07:38:28 am »

That fixed it. But I hadn't changed anything so I sure don't know what happened.
Thanx.
Pages: [1]   Go Up