INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Engen 1.0.10 -- Available Here  (Read 1942 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Engen 1.0.10 -- Available Here
« on: June 16, 2016, 06:33:34 pm »

This is the latest version of Engen for Windows.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

http://files.jriver.com/engen/channels/v1/beta/jriot/Engen10010.exe

History

1.0.10 (6/16/2016)

1. NEW: Added a simple web server.  References to port 52110 that do not begin with /alpha000 and end with *.htm or *.html are interpreted as file names in the server directory to be returned as web pages. The directory can be changed with the --web command line option.
2. NEW: Added the ability to load/store the database through the web. A GET to alpha000/database will return the contents of the database in JSON format.  A following PUT to the same URL will restore it.
3. Fixed: A crash in set_node_name(), and one in add_node().
4. Changed: The database format is greatly simplified from its former self. Information that can be learned from the network is no longer stored in the database.
5. Changed: list_nodes() to optionally take node arguments.
6. NEW: Created dump_nodes() which works the same, but shows all information about the nodes. show_node() is gone.
7. NEW: Added set_log_level(name, level) which allows you to change various log levels while the program is running.
8. Changed: A ton of internal restructuring, which hopefully will not be visible to the user. These included an internal trace facility, and a better way to display binary data in logging messages.

horse

• World Citizen
Re: Engen 1.0.10 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 08:18:22 pm »

I installed 1.0.10 over 1.0.9 and cannot connect to the web interface.
Checking with "netstat -a" there is nothing listening on port TCP 52110.
Run 1.0.9 installer again and I can connect to the website again.

Note - Downloading 1.0.10 with IE results in a warning message that the signature is corrupt or missing on the file.

DebbieJ

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 01:00:39 pm »

I also installed Engen 1.0.10 over 1.0.9 and cannot connect to web interface.  "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:52110."

I get message "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" when trying to turn on lamp from One Remote.  (Chrome)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 01:16:56 pm »

You might try a different browser.  Build 10 has a missing certificate.  We should have it fixed today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up