INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 Registration on Used PC  (Read 2453 times)

EdmontonCanuck

• Recent member
MC21 Registration on Used PC
« on: June 21, 2016, 08:03:39 pm »

I purchased a used media center PC from someone. They had MC20 installed on it, but they removed it before selling it to me (it was a virtually clean PC software-wise when I received it). I downloaded MC21 and installed it, then recovered my MC22 Master License using my own registration code and installed it. But when I go to Help/Registration Info, it shows that MC21 is registered to the previous owner of the PC. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (and telling it to remove registry entries/database info during the uninstall process) and it still shows the previous owner. I figure that this information must be stored in a secret place somewhere, which I would like to delete so that I can use my own MC22 Master License and have the software show that it is registered to me.

Can anyone help with this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC21 Registration on Used PC
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 09:29:32 pm »

Installing MC22 and restoring your license should fix it.  MC22 will be available in July.

EdmontonCanuck

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 11:35:53 am »

Installing MC22 and restoring your license should fix it.  MC22 will be available in July.

Oh, OK. Thanks.

Will recovering and installing my MC21 master license fix the problem in the meantime? Is the issue my installing MC22 master license on MC21?

EdmontonCanuck

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 01:49:53 pm »

Scratch that last idea. Tried using my MC21 license and it still shows the previous owner in the registration info. Guess I'll wait for MC22 and see if that resolves it.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 02:26:41 pm »

EdmontonCanuck

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 03:00:36 pm »

did you try a restore?

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

Yes, I tried restoring my lisense by providing my registration code emailed to me by JRiver and installing the .mjr file that is provided via this process. When I double click on the .mjr file I get a page that tells me the license was installed but it still shows the wrong registration info when I check in MC21.
Pages: [1]   Go Up