INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't play any of my files.  (Read 3454 times)

zomble

Can't play any of my files.
« on: June 26, 2016, 01:12:04 am »

I have downloaded the latest and still can't play anything. Just bought it a few weeks ago and can't play any of my albums. Should I be dragging it into applications. Also seem to have a few versions. 21 22 and 23. Help!

Details:The file can't be found.

zomble

Re: Can't play any of my files.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 01:50:15 am »

Also noticed I can't import complete albums , just 1st song. Everything was going great before I paid for it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 07:03:48 am »

Did you try setting up audio again?

What are you trying to play?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 07:06:33 am »

The file not found means that.  Check the file location tag and see if the files are where they are supposed to be.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 07:27:19 am »

1. Yes, MC should be installed in Applications and NOT run from the DMG file.
2.  Version 21 is the current version.  As of right now, the latest is 21.0.83 ,which you can get from the top of this forum.  MC22 hasn't been released yet and MC23 won't happen until next year.  Stick with 21.0.83 and you'll be on the latest supported version.
3.  As Jim said, file not found means that MC doesn't see the file where it used to be.  Where are your files?  Internal drive, external drive, NAS, etc ?

Brian.

zomble

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 02:21:46 pm »

Is there not some where you can get help on this program. For $70 there should be some form of support. I am new to computer audio. All I know it was working fine , but since I bought the program I can't play any of my files. There are in a folder on the desktop. Where should I move them for best access.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 04:21:53 pm »

This would be worth reading:

Is this support?

and you could read about importing files.  It's in the "Getting Started" link in my signature.

BradATIMA

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 09:11:48 am »

The desktop should be fine for easy access. What is the specific error message you're getting? It could be that Media Center cannot find the files to play. If you moved the files externally (not using Media Center's Rename Move Copy Tool), Media Center won't be able to find them. Missing files should have a red circle with a minus sign in front of them, in the files view. This just means you just need to update the file locations in Media Center. Posting a log after you've reproduced this problem might provide some more information. You can find instructions for that here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Logging
Pages: [1]   Go Up