INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Username and Password?  (Read 5207 times)

Jeff_N

• Recent member
JRemote Username and Password?
« on: July 23, 2016, 03:55:46 pm »

Anyone know how to retrieve your JRemote username and password? All I did was change out my router. Everything else connected without any problems, computers, TVs, Roku, everything except JRemote. It asks for the AccessKey from my PC server, fine, I enter that. Then it asks for a username and password, and gives you no way to retrieve them! Why is everything so hard with this system?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote Username and Password?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 05:55:38 pm »

Your router replacement should not have affected JRemote's connection to MC.  But let's ignore that for now.

To change your JRemote username and password:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Authentication

In the dialog that pops up, type your chosen username and password.  Then put those into JRemote.

Or just turn authentication off by unchecking it in the above Options panel.  Authentication is only required when you want JRemote to make library changes like changing star ratings, creating playlists, and things like that.  Basic playback does not require authentication.

Brian.

Jeff_N

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:55:31 pm »

Thanks Brian. Authentication was not checked. I checked it and created a username and password, and tried again. Again JRemote tells me "Connection failed." It then reads "Fetching address from jriver.com using access key XXXXX. Found 2 addresses" and it goes on to list two IP addresses on port 52199. For each IP address it reads "Could not connect (failed to connect to" the IP address and port "after 5000ms: isConnected failed. ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)."

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 12:54:05 am »

Firewall?

Jeff_N

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 09:33:24 am »

I don't think so.

Jeff_N

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 09:39:00 am »

Does anyone think uninstalling and reinstalling would fix the problem? At this point I don't care if I have to spend ten bucks again.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 11:55:57 pm »

If you changed out your router, Windows firewall will close any ports that are open, because it thinks it is a new network.  I would suggest trying it with the firewall turned off in Windows (just for a test), and if it works, then you can allow MC21 through the firewall, and it should be fine.

Jeff_N

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 08:33:39 pm »

That did the trick muzicman, thank you. I turned off the firewall, connected with the access key, and turned the firewall back on. Now JRemote working fine.

What I don't get is, I already had MC21 listed as a program to allow through the firewall. Whatever, I'm just happy it finally works. Thanks again.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 09:02:10 pm »

When you changed out your router, Windows determined that you were on a new network, so it will close down any openings you have configured, and start with a clean slate. 

Glad you got it working!
Pages: [1]   Go Up