INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No luck on getting JRiver to recognize channels  (Read 1610 times)

Airguitar1

No luck on getting JRiver to recognize channels
« on: July 25, 2016, 04:06:19 pm »

I've been trying for several days to get JRiver to populate the unencrypted QAM channels that I receive in order to test out the JRiver as replacement for Windows Media Center.

MC recognizes my HDHomerun, and it says it's scanning 1 of 135 channels, but then never populates the current or next window with the listing of channels after it does the scan. I've tried the scan process, first without selecting a QAM frequency, thinking that JRiver would find the frequency and then do the population. When that didn't go anywhere, I tried each and every frequency that JRiver listed. Still no go. All this was done with Defender disabled (I have read through a few of the other threads on people having setup problems, with this being a possible solution).

I have properly setup HDHomerun, and can view TV shows through their viewer. I've selected JRiver within the HDHomerun setup screen. I've selected cable card and clear qam within JRiver.

Would love to get MC working at home, so I can do a full evaluation before the 30 days expires.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No luck on getting JRiver to recognize channels
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 04:08:51 pm »

Make sure your firewall is open for the HDHomerun.  I think they have instructions on their site.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: No luck on getting JRiver to recognize channels
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 04:32:00 pm »

Did you run HDHomeRun Setup program and select "JRiver Media Center" for BDA Compatibility mode?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up