INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [22.0.15] Quick batch particle creation  (Read 3300 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[22.0.15] Quick batch particle creation
« on: August 11, 2016, 01:29:10 am »

Might we have an option for the quick creation of multiple particles (with a set of default parameters) for a selection of videos. I know there's an "Auto Create BD/DVD Title Particles" function that does what I'm talking about, but this only works for content ripped from BD's and/or DVD's in folder structure, and not for matroska containers and the like.

Background: I am currently working with episodes of an anime series, and am trying to create particles thereof to denote language track selection changes. For example, the source file will have "English" in the [Language] field, whereas the particle will instead have "Japanese" in its [Language] field, along with "English" in its [Subtitle Language] field (which is a custom field that I made a while ago).

As it stands, I have to go through the tedious process of creating them individually, and some of these series are comprised of many episodes. The "Create Particle..." option does not even appear at the top of the context menu after being executed like most commands do, which prolongs the process further.

What are your thoughts?

Goatshade

Re: [22.0.15] Quick batch particle creation
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 04:39:09 pm »

Anybody?

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 04:48:20 pm »

MCUtils and the Particlize script might be useful to you for this.

I too would like it if the Create Particle menu item would show up in the recent menu items area at the top of the right click menu.  That would make it a lot faster for these manual processes.

I'm not super sure, but you might be able to script this whole thing out with MCUtils.

Brian.

Goatshade

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 09:48:30 pm »

Where can I find these?

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 09:29:59 am »

Google is your friend.  :)  But I'll save you the effort.

MCUtils:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100449.0

I guess it's now call "Chapterfy":

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100436.0

Good luck.

Brian.

Goatshade

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 10:34:47 am »

Hmm! Okay. I'll check them out later. Thanks. :)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 07:46:39 pm »

FYI - I've updated Chapterfy to work with MC22 and added a Bulk Creation button.  You can select as many items as you want in MC then use Chapterfy to create a specified # of particles (duplicates) for the selected items.  Other things you mentioned:
- Chapterfy can also be run from inside MC and it will appear in the Recent list.
- You can then bulk edit the newly created Particle Meta Data (to change Language) in MC or use DataFiddler if easier or you need to edit locked fields. 

Let me know of any bugs.
JRiver CEO Elect

Goatshade

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 03:08:55 pm »

Great! I'll give it a try whenever I get home today. :)

EDIT: Reading the Chapterfy description:

"It creates MC Particles for each chapter of a file with Chapter Names and Start/Stop Times."

Does this mean that it does this by default, or that it CAN do this? I only ask because I'm not trying to create separate particles for chapters--just whole videos.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 03:45:04 pm »

Yupe that is it's main purpose but I added a Bulk option that should do what you want.  Select one or more item in MC, run Chapterfy, select the # of partles to create and pree Bulk.  It should then create # of particles for each items with the same details as the original.
JRiver CEO Elect

Goatshade

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 07:26:21 pm »

It doesn't work. I enter the correct version number and MCWS address, along with the correct username and password. I click the Test button and it says everything is OK. When I try to send anything to Chapterfy afterwards, it just pops up with the first-time-setup dialogue again. No amount of entering the correct settings fixes this.

EDIT: It's because it doesn't appear to be creating the INI like it's supposed to. Do I have to do this in a particular way, or...?

EDIT 2: Figured it out. You have to run it as administrator.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 08:30:21 pm »

Sorry -  Yes - It needs to Run as Admin the first time to do the setup as it adds the cmds to the Registry (I've added this to the notes).  From then on it should be OK to run normally.  Did it create your Particles as you expected?
JRiver CEO Elect

Goatshade

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 02:45:28 am »

Yes...after some brief tribulation. I selected fifty episodes for each of which I wanted to create one particle. It wasn't super clear as to what value to enter into the number field for the bulk option, nor does it say anywhere that the particles will be created in collapsed stacks. Thinking it might need a value of 50 for fifty episodes, I entered that value and ran it. I was surprised to find that it created fifty particles for each episode, for a grand total of 2550 stack members. Luckily, it's possible to search for "Particle" to find all stack members while excluding the stack tops. I was able to delete those particles and start over. This time, I entered a value of 1, and got the desired result.

So yeah. Works like a dream with some patience (which is something I need to work on... ^_^; )! That advice you gave in my other thread about the [Playback Info] field streamlined this whole process even further. Thanks a million, sir! :D

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 04:25:30 pm »

Glad it worked out!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up