INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have a task for anyone here.  (Read 2177 times)

mrgrimm

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
I have a task for anyone here.
« on: July 31, 2003, 06:34:37 pm »

I am on the fence about buying Media Center. I need to know what reasons you think why I should buy it.  

To help you in your effort to help me I will give you a little background. Right now I am using MusicMatch Jukebox (paid for plus version 25 clams) and am totally disgusted at it's complete inability to create good compilation CD's without having at least one flaw in every three tracks! ACK!  I have a TV Tuner card (An ATI AIW 9700 Pro) and really dislike the Multimedia Center interface, though the mute does work on that (not on any other tv viewer software that I have found.) I also have a DVD player as well and would like to use all with one program, hence the media player.  Now knowing all that can anyone help me to your side of the fence? ::)

mrgrimm

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: I have a task for anyone here.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 10:03:14 pm »

Well, I see I just wasted $40. Thanx for the reply, a tad late, but thank you anyways. I had already registered Media Center thinking it can't be that bad and then you replied and made me realize that I shouldn't have bought this program. It was a waste of my money. I wanted help and you throw insults. Wow, what great people here.
Oh well lessons learned. I'm done with this forum and the oh-so-friendly people in it.

digital:rogue

• Recent member
  • insert generic tagline here.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 10:36:06 pm »

Well, I see I just wasted $40. Thanx for the reply, a tad late, but thank you anyways. I had already registered Media Center thinking it can't be that bad and then you replied and made me realize that I shouldn't have bought this program. It was a waste of my money. I wanted help and you throw insults. Wow, what great people here.
Oh well lessons learned. I'm done with this forum and the oh-so-friendly people in it.

?

wow.

well, sorry to see you go before you give the software, and this forum, a real chance. If you had, I am sure you'd see that MC holds the most promise of any media suite out there in the Win32 world, and the support you get from this forum is better than any you'll get from any other  out there.

If that's your final decision, well, it was still money well spent, regardless of your ability to see that now or later down the road while cursing at some second-rate media player.

Cheers.

Rob
.-=digital.rogue=-.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 10:42:10 pm »

Hi,

Don't worry mrgrimm you did not waste 40 bucks on MC. I'm sure it can do a lot of what you want to do.
If you have any problems using and mastering it we will (the MC users + the folks at JRiver) try to help you.

I'm sure you wont regret leaving MMJB in the long run !

Welcome among the MC9 crazy fans ! :)

C.

PS: nameless was just trying to point out that MC has a 30 days free trial period and that it's probably a good idea to use it before buying ! Yep, maybe his wording was not approriate for a reply to a fisrt post !
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 06:02:20 am »

You know mmj is not a bad program but it can not do everything you want it to. MC on the other hand is a work in progress. Matt and the rest of the guys at JRiver are working on new things every day as far as this forum if you give it a chance it realy is better than any tech suport page i have seen . you are working with real people and real machines here. just think somone on this page is going through the same stuf you are like me right before i found MC i had just bought unlimited upgrades to mmj . i stll use it now and then but MC is my program of choice it can do almost everything

PeterS

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 06:25:18 am »

Dear mrgrimm,
Welcome to the Interact forum. On the whole, it is a pretty civilized place, although it can get a little wacky at times. Wouldn't be any fun otherwise, would it?. If you give MC a fair shot I think that you will be happy with your purchase. We'll do our best to help if you need it.

mrgrimm

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 07:51:21 am »

Alright let me first apologize for throwing, what seems to be, a fit. I didn't intend to. In fact I had this long reply to nameless' first post that I thought was quite witty,  well, through many minor mishaps that got deleted so I was a tad frustrated and sat down and thought that I wasted my money because if people were gonna treat a potential buyer like that, it didn't bode well for the actual customer. What I was looking for was a more in depth feature list (i.e. rippable formats, burn speeds, hidden features) than what was listed  on the web page.

I had a long day and no sleep in three days and needless to say my thinking cap was a little ascew. I apologize for that and for my quick decision to let this go. After a little sleep, my brain works in it's usual semi-normal state and I am better. Once again I apologize for any rude remarks I may have made.

That being said I ripped a CD last night and it worked flawlessly. I burned a compilation last night and we will see how that works, gotta go get some stuff and I will play it in the car. I like the software so far and will give you more of my thoughts Sat. or Sun. if anyone is interested. If not, well, that's ok too.

Mr. Grimm (A.K.A. Mr. Fit)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 08:40:19 am »

Welcome to Interact Mr Grimm.

I think the guys at J River would be very interested in your thoughts as you begin to learn the software.  One of the biggest things they are trying to do at the moment is to make the software as easy to use and to get into as possible so being a new user you could really help them with this!!

Hope you enjoy your time with us here!!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2003, 09:06:29 am »

And if you ever have any questions about "Can I do this?" or "How do I?" this is the place to ask. If anybody knows the answer to your question, they'll answer it.

digital:rogue

• Recent member
  • insert generic tagline here.
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2003, 10:57:44 am »

I think the guys at J River would be very interested in your thoughts as you begin to learn the software.  One of the biggest things they are trying to do at the moment is to make the software as easy to use and to get into as possible so being a new user you could really help them with this!!

Agreed. I am sure the dev team would benefit extensively from first-time users posting their constructive comments on the learning curve, or things they found difficult or flawless with the software experience. Glad you're back amigo.

As far as the CD ripping you were mentioning, I am sure you'll find that, with Secure Ripping enabled, MC is ahead of any other media jukebox out there and right up there with EAC, so stick with it -- I'm sure v9.1 in it's final release is going to be nothing less than spectacular  8)
.-=digital.rogue=-.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2003, 12:16:06 pm »

I edited this thread to remove some bickering, some critiques of the bickering, and some complaints about my editing the thread.

I'm locking it now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up