INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few newbie questions (remote app / streaming plugins)  (Read 2882 times)

lansing_fan

A few newbie questions (remote app / streaming plugins)
« on: August 20, 2016, 02:55:13 pm »

Hello everyone,
I've used to have a Squeezebox Touch with LMS for a long long time but I've sold it last year and decided to try something new.
I'm currently test driving JRiver 22 which I do like a lot but would like some help with a few things.

At this moment I'm running JRiver on a HTPC with Windows 10 Pro, AMD A8 6600K APU, 8GB RAM and a total of 3TB of HDD space. It's being managed through TeamViewer.

a) Is there any way to connect Deezer to JRiver? We are currently using Chromecast Audio for the job but prefer a single box solution. I'd also like to prevent overlapping so if Deezer is started, JRiver local media stops playing and vice versa.

b) The Gizmo remote app works quite "strange" - when I search for an artist, for example Pink Floyd it comes with a result "Pink Floyd - Artist" but when I click on it, I get a prompt to either play or add it (all tracks) to playlist at once.
I miss the way LMS handled it: Artist -> Album (open or choose to play all) -> Tracks in album.
Is it a Gizmo's limitation or can I configure it somewhere? I have about 40k tracks and searching is now very tricky.

Another example being searching for track name, let's say "True Colors" returns 5 tracks called True Colors but it doesn't show who the artist is. This way I have to try out all 5 tracks to find the one version I'm looking for.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: A few newbie questions (remote app / streaming plugins)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 04:50:50 pm »

b) The Gizmo remote app works quite "strange" - when I search for an artist, for example Pink Floyd it comes with a result "Pink Floyd - Artist" but when I click on it, I get a prompt to either play or add it (all tracks) to playlist at once.

This is a Gizmo behavior.  Frankly, I agree with you; the way Gizmo handles search results isn't all that useful.  It doesn't work the way most people would expect it to.

I don't use JRemote, but I think it's searches are more targeted.  I *do* use EOS Remote for JRiver and it operates the way you'd expect it to.  You can search within any view.  Or you can search at the top level and get results that you can then browse through.

EOS has a free trial mode that lets you see it's features, but won't let you "do stuff".  It gives you a good idea of what it can do though.

Brian.

lansing_fan

Re: A few newbie questions (remote app / streaming plugins)
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 09:26:06 am »

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your advice on the EOS remote. I downloaded the trial version and so far so good, the search functionality is much better so I will most probably just buy it soon. That's one more thing off the list.

Still need to get Deezer to work through my PC to be able to get rid of the Chromecast.
Pages: [1]   Go Up