INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracks get skipped over when using DLNA  (Read 4010 times)

Kid Twist

• Junior Woodchuck
Tracks get skipped over when using DLNA
« on: August 26, 2016, 04:23:39 pm »

In one of my zones, I have MC set to play to a Chromecast Audio via Bubble UPnP. Sometimes when I select an album, it will pause on the first track for a few seconds, then jump to the second track and begin playback from there. Any idea how to prevent this? Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tracks get skipped over when using DLNA
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 05:10:23 pm »

In one of my zones, I have MC set to play to a Chromecast Audio via Bubble UPnP. Sometimes when I select an album, it will pause on the first track for a few seconds, then jump to the second track and begin playback from there. Any idea how to prevent this? Thanks.
That might happen if it takes more than 5 seconds for the Chromecast to process the first track. Is this the case?
You also might try turning off the SetNext support for the Chromecast audio zone in MC. (right-click on the zone and look for the DLNA controller options).

Kid Twist

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 10:49:24 pm »

Yes, sometimes it does seem to take quite a few seconds for the track to cue up. Disabling SetNext seems to help. Will monitor the situation and see that continues be the case.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 10:07:58 am »

It might be a firewall or an antivirus problem..

• Some makes of antivirus delay forwarding of media file data to the application while they scan the track for viruses.
  • Some makes of firewall delay forwarding of download requests (HTTP GET commands) to the application while they check the syntax.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Kid Twist

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 04:35:15 pm »

Thanks, but I'm just the standard Windows firewall and I'm not currently running an anti-virus program.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 05:16:47 pm »

I didn't know that the Chromecast device even supported DLNA.  I'm guessing that Bubble is using DLNA to talk to JRiver and native Chromecast to talk to it.  In which case, I think JRiver is off the hook. 

You could try another DLNA server, just to see what happens.  Maybe you'd learn something.

DJLegba

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 07:35:46 am »

Could it be caused by "waiting for drive to spin up"? I see this sometimes too when playing to CCA via Bubble, but only on the first playback during a session. My library is on an external hard drive, and I always assumed that waking up the drive was the source of the problem.

Kid Twist

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 07:37:41 am »

Yes. I'm using Bubble as an intermediary between MC and Chromecast. I figured that the problem wasn't JRiver's issue, but I hoped there was a setting somewhere that would compensate. The SetNext suggestion above helped a bit. Maybe when I get some time I'll seek out an alternative to Bubble and see if it's any speedier. Thanks.

Kid Twist

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 07:39:35 am »

Could it be caused by "waiting for drive to spin up"? I see this sometimes too when playing to CCA via Bubble, but only on the first playback during a session. My library is on an external hard drive, and I always assumed that waking up the drive was the source of the problem.

You might be onto something. I have my files on a networked hard drive and this tends to happen at the start of playback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up