INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boxset in JRiver MC 23  (Read 2668 times)

mplicit

• Junior Woodchuck
Boxset in JRiver MC 23
« on: November 01, 2017, 03:30:45 am »

Is there a way in ver 23 to enter a boxset that when it is collapsed only shows the boxset name and boxset cover and when it is expanded shows the individual CDs with their corresponding album name and album cover?

Thanks

RN

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Boxset in JRiver MC 23
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 06:17:59 am »

Is the Disc # tag filled?

Spike1000

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 08:38:24 am »

This has come up a few times before. Try searching the V22 & V23 forum for a detailed discussion on how to best achieve this. Jim's suggestion of filled in disk numbers is important but the key thing I think you're after is 'separating' the boxset name from the names of the albums in the boxset.

Spike

mplicit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 01:30:38 am »

Yes the disk flag is filled

mplicit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 01:35:37 am »

Absolutely Spike1000

I remember that I tried this in version 22 but failed so I was wondering if ver 23 has introduced a new funcntionality that would handle this issue,

MikeO

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 10:02:05 am »

I do it with 3 custom tags

Box Set - eg Yo yo ma 30 yrs etc.
Disc Name
Disc Volume for REALLY big sets like Beethoven edition optional

Each album in the set has its own album name and artwork

I haven’t managed to get a box artwork image , you get a Fan of the disc artworks

Mike

mplicit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 11:28:56 am »

ok Thanks

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 05:59:32 pm »

If you are willing to change your disc numbers you can  use 1nonplayable track with the box set cover art set as disc 1, then the real disc 1 gets a tag of disc 2, etc. You can create a new tag with the real disc numbers fotr dsplay.

I am not sure what happens if you just leave the disc # blank with a nonplayable track with the box set cover art. Unfortunately I do not have access to a computer to test.

If MC allowed a disc # of zero this might be an easy solution to an ongoing issue.i

DJLegba

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 07:09:29 pm »

If you are willing to change your disc numbers you can  use 1nonplayable track with the box set cover art set as disc 1, then the real disc 1 gets a tag of disc 2, etc. You can create a new tag with the real disc numbers fotr dsplay.

I am not sure what happens if you just leave the disc # blank with a nonplayable track with the box set cover art. Unfortunately I do not have access to a computer to test.

If MC allowed a disc # of zero this might be an easy solution to an ongoing issue.i

Don't fool around with the disc number. There are boxed sets with multi-disc members.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 08:42:14 pm »

Don't fool around with the disc number. There are boxed sets with multi-disc members.

Adding 1 to the disc # tag and creating a new tag with the original number should have no effect on the box set order. As long as you understand the convention you should be fine. You let MC order by disc # and you display your new tag.  I am not sure what the downside would be. I would prefer to have the box set data as disc # 0 but that is not possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up