INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB Lookup Choices  (Read 1000 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
YADB Lookup Choices
« on: July 31, 2003, 12:42:09 pm »

When YADB brings up more than one listing for an album, I would really like to look at the content of the info for each choice.

Often times the album and artist info is correct, but the one i choose has crappy info.  If I could click a preview button to look before I have to select, that would make my life much easier.

Case in point, 8 mile soundtrack has 4 choices, listed as follows...

8 Mile Soundtrack
8 mile
8 Mile
8 Mile Soundtrack

I picked the last one and all the songs were in the wrong order.

Also, I don't know if anyone actually compares the old info to the new info that is sent when I select "Submit Track Info To YADB" from 'Library Tools'.  Sometimes it is just a word misspelled, other times it's adding the artist info to a comp CD when the downloaded info just says various.

If no one is verifying this info, can you try to work out a way where people can volunteer to verify this info for you, on say a 1-5 changes per day, or 20-25 per day, or some criteria that I can select.  I would be happy to review some changes every day, but I certainly don't need another full time job.
pretend this is something funny

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: YADB Lookup Choices
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 02:08:53 pm »

If no one is verifying this info, can you try to work out a way where people can volunteer to verify this info

there is

some work at it some don't and some are lazy like me
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: YADB Lookup Choices
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 03:38:16 pm »

I picked the last one and all the songs were in the wrong order.

I believe you can right click on the CD and try again.

If no one is verifying this info, can you try to work out a way where people can volunteer to verify this info for you, on say a 1-5 changes per day, or 20-25 per day, or some criteria that I can select.  I would be happy to review some changes every day, but I certainly don't need another full time job.

Thanks for the offer.  A lot of people here do help.  You can see them on this page:
www.yadb.com/stats.html

Drop an e-mail to gateley @ jriver.com to volunteer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up