INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with MCC commands  (Read 3663 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Trouble with MCC commands
« on: September 20, 2016, 07:04:25 pm »

I'm trying to issue commands to JRiver through the command line.  These are the commands I'm trying,

mc22.exe /MCC 22001,9

I have tried 2 through 10 but each time, it only brings up JRiver in music's standard view.

What could be causing this issue?

jachin99

Re: Trouble with MCC commands
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 10:10:33 pm »

I'm on the newest version of MC 22 in case that helps. 

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 10:45:23 pm »

Are you sure you are issuing the command just like that?

It is NOT:
Media Center 22.exe /MCC 22001,9

You must use:
mc22.exe /MCC 22001,9

Note the lack of a space after the comma before the parameter, and the use of the MC Command Launcher, not the actual application executable.

Also, Media Center must be running (at least in Server mode in the tray) or these commands will do nothing. This is by design. The MCC's only work if Media Center is running. If you need to launch it first or call it to the foreground, you'll need to call mc22.exe /Start first.

Lastly, note that using MCC_THEATER_VIEW (22001) to navigate directly to items in Theater View's Media Views is unreliable if you have changed the order or content of the Views substantially from the defaults. For example, I rearrange my Video views to be "first" in the heirarchy, rather than Audio, and so navigating using 22001 is unreliable when using pretty much any of the parameters other than:
0 - Toggle
1 - Home
2 - Playing Now

The others all go to specific places in Theater View, but not the ones intended (and generally, not exceedingly useful ones). It works best (other than those three parameters) only with a default Library View layout.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 01:06:06 am »

I use autohotkey to get directly to places in theater view.

From theater view, I switch to standard, then back to theater view (because this always reliably parks theater view at the start each time) and then issue multiple right down up or whatever keystrokes are needed to get me there.

It all happens that fast that all I see is a black screen for about a second, maybe less, and then the required location displays. I never actually see the switch to standard view and back, and never see the intermediate navigation steps. The appearance is that I press a button on the remote, and the desired view shows a second later.

If that sounds like something you could leverage, let me know and I'll send you the script. It's a simple 12 line affair that you could easily edit to suit your own theater view menus.

-marko

jachin99

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 07:12:53 am »

sure, go ahead and send it over, thanks. 

jachin99

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 07:15:51 am »

Are you sure you are issuing the command just like that?

It is NOT:
Media Center 22.exe /MCC 22001,9

You must use:
mc22.exe /MCC 22001,9

Note the lack of a space after the comma before the parameter, and the use of the MC Command Launcher, not the actual application executable.

Also, Media Center must be running (at least in Server mode in the tray) or these commands will do nothing. This is by design. The MCC's only work if Media Center is running. If you need to launch it first or call it to the foreground, you'll need to call mc22.exe /Start first.

Lastly, note that using MCC_THEATER_VIEW (22001) to navigate directly to items in Theater View's Media Views is unreliable if you have changed the order or content of the Views substantially from the defaults. For example, I rearrange my Video views to be "first" in the heirarchy, rather than Audio, and so navigating using 22001 is unreliable when using pretty much any of the parameters other than:
0 - Toggle
1 - Home
2 - Playing Now

The others all go to specific places in Theater View, but not the ones intended (and generally, not exceedingly useful ones). It works best (other than those three parameters) only with a default Library View layout.

I did notice that, and restored my theater view layout to default trying to fix this. 

jachin99

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 07:19:29 am »

ok, I think I figured this out. 
I was using: mc22.exe /mcc 22001,9

I need to use mc22.exe /MCC 22001,9

The MCC has to be capitalized...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 08:28:19 am »

ok, I think I figured this out. 
I was using: mc22.exe /mcc 22001,9

I need to use mc22.exe /MCC 22001,9

The MCC has to be capitalized...

The MCC should be case insensitive.  And I just tested in the debugger and that seems to be true.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 09:17:58 am »

The MCC should be case insensitive.  And I just tested in the debugger and that seems to be true.

Yeah. I've never been careful about that in my scripts. I don't have MC22 installed anywhere accessible here now to test, but it has never been case sensitive to my knowledge previously.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 11:12:26 am »

sure, go ahead and send it over, thanks. 

AHK and compiled exe attached in the zip below.
code looks like so:
Code: [Select]
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
Run mc22.exe /Mode Standard
Sleep 80
Run mc22.exe /MCC 22001,0
Sleep 600
Sendinput {Right 3}
Sendinput {Down}
Sendinput {Right 2}
Sendinput {Enter}

You might need to tweak the two sleep times to suit your system. If it's too fast, it doesn't catch the next commands, and too slow, you see the flip in and out of standard view.

The numbers after "Right" are the number of times the key is pressed.
Just make edited copies for the various destinations you need.
Mine are mapped to keys on my remote, but I guess you can run them via any means that suits you best.

jachin99

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 09:57:33 pm »

I grabbed the file, and thanks for your help
Pages: [1]   Go Up