INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC9.1 For Photo Organization  (Read 841 times)

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
MC9.1 For Photo Organization
« on: July 30, 2003, 01:22:07 pm »

So far I've been using MC solely for music but, since I take a lot of digital photos (http://www.explodingboy.com - plug plug), I figure I should see what MC has to offer for photo organization since my current organization is terribly messy.  At this point, I download everything off a card into a folder marked with the date range of the photos found on that card.  Then I... no wait.  That's it.  That's all I do at this point.  I have two digital cameras and a 35mm I scan from.  Messy, messy.

My first question is:  is there a quick and easy way to get rid of all the cover art?  I know I could select them all and give them a genre or keyword or just create a new YES/NO field for them.  But before I re-invent the wheel, I was wondering if MC had anything already in place to filter out cover art from my personal photography.

Also, if anyone has any general tips on using MC for photo organization, please let me know!

Thanks!
Toast goes in the toaster.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC9.1 For Photo Organization
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 01:51:39 pm »

I keep my photos in a directory called images and then import only from images.  When I import from the music directory, I turn off jpg.

MC will import your photos (under tools/acquire images) and put them in a directory, so I use this to put them in (for example), e:\images\2003\alabama.  MC then opens the Recently Imported playlist and I then set the genre to (for example) Alabama.

You can open a directory, tag your images, and then use MC to move them into directories according to your tags.  It's under Tools/Library Tools/Rename Files from Properties.  I uncheck the file checkbox and check the directory checkbox and use [Date (year)]\[Genre]\[Comment] as the Rule.  If you try this, do a few before you do a lot.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: MC9.1 For Photo Organization
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 02:07:12 pm »

I just give cover art images a Genre of "Cover Art" and then filter that out of every view scheme or smartlist where I don't want it to show up.

I do the same for full-album APE files. I set the Genre to Full Album APE and filter that genre out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up