INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Main Library disappeared  (Read 2189 times)

Wildcat

• Junior Woodchuck
Main Library disappeared
« on: October 10, 2016, 08:51:21 am »

Started MC this morning and to my surprise Auto Import started. I stopped it before count down finished and realized MC was showing nothing in Main library. As if I had just  installed the program for the first time!
I was able to restore library from saved library backup and all physical files were safe and sound so not a problem.

Have not made any changes to computer or installed any new programs with exception of CCleaner a week ago.
Last windows update was 10 days ago.
Running Windows 10
MC ver. 22.0.32
No anti virus installed other than what comes with Win 10

Just curious what could cause this behavior?
System drive going bad?
Windows event viewer shows some critical errors in last two days but i'm not tech savvy enough to understand them. Some seem to be associated with CCleaner.
If this is good place to start, then i will investigate errors more.
Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Main Library disappeared
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 09:57:19 am »

Registry cleaners can cause problems and should not be used.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 04:23:36 pm »

I use ccleaner- you need to make a few changes-and you only should run the registry part after you uninstall a program or two. uncheck this for the registry part, -missing shared dlls, unused file extension, run at startup, start menu ordering, mui cache,- for the cleaner I would uncheck- index.dat files, autocomplete for history, saved passwords, run (in start menu), other explorer mrus, taskbar jump lists, network passwords, dns cache, font cache,start menu shortcuts, desktop shortcuts, menu order cache, tray notifications cache, window size/location cache, environment path, user assist history, IIS log files, custom files and folders, wipe free space. That's me tho....and I'm prob on a older version as i see no need to keep it updated (ver 5.02.5101) and the biggest thing is to keep MC open when you run the cleaner and all the other tools (you can just minimize it out of the way) and I have no issues at all...but it took me some experimenting to get there. This works for me on w7.....good luck
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Wildcat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 05:02:12 pm »

Thank you for the info TA
Pages: [1]   Go Up