INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver won't play anymore  (Read 3458 times)

demoleon

• Recent member
JRiver won't play anymore
« on: October 14, 2016, 11:09:50 am »

Was updated to 22.0.32 and now I can't play music.  I am using an Android tablet with BubbleUPnP and it has been working fine until the last update.  Now I can browse my library and select songs but when I hit play nothing happens.  If I remote desktop into my server, the songs are queued but not playing and there are no error messages.  I have quit and restarted MC on the server but no effect.   I have double checked that the zone is the proper one.  It's not like it's playing but the audio is going elsewhere...the track timing doesn't advance at all.  Just nothing.  I installed JRemote and same thing.  Can browse and select tracks but nothing happens when I hit play.  I have a copy of MC on my office PC that connects to the server as well and that does play.  What am I missing here?

Thanks,
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver won't play anymore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 11:20:50 am »

Try powering everything down and back up, including the network and the sound device.

Try setting up audio again. 

Are the two MC machines both the same version?

demoleon

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 11:32:38 am »

OK, rebooted the server PC and no help.  When I remote desktop into the server and press play directly on MC I do get an error message that it can't play 48kHz 2 Channel.  But I can (and have) played everything up to 192 kHZ 24 bit 2 channel.  What has changed.  I switched from WASAPI (which I have been using successfully for years) to ASIO and things work fine.  So what happened to WASAPI in the last release that it no longer functions?

Thanks,
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 12:22:21 pm »

It's not WASAPI.  Nothing changed.  It's your settings or the DAC.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 02:31:47 pm »

I recall MC, using WASAPI, giving a similar error message when MC is NOT in exclusive access mode.

Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device > Device Settings > open device with exclusive access > (checked)

If that's not checked, check it, restart MC, and try again.  Not sure if this is problem or not, but it's worth trying.

Brian.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 03:28:43 pm »

I've had a couple of upgrades in the past where the "Windows Sound Properties" changed to its default setting. I use WASAPI in JRiver settings.

It's easy to check at (Windows) Control Panel>Sound>your Sound Device>Properties>Advanced. Check that the Default Format is set to the highest sample rate and bit depth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up