INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Retry Loading Library?  (Read 2234 times)

nathanCFD

• Recent member
Auto-Retry Loading Library?
« on: October 20, 2016, 05:34:55 pm »

I put a SSD in my new HTPC, and it loads so fast, the LAN isn't totally ready as MC22 tries to get the library.  I have MC22 set to startup in Theatre View on boot.  So, it fails to get the library and the "Retry" dialogue box is up.

Seems like in MC21, it used to try multiple times automatically before the dialogue box pops up.

Any way to delay fetching the library from Media Server for a couple of seconds, or tell it to retry automatically two or three times? Otherwise, I have to plug in a keyboard to click "retry" every time I boot up.

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto-Retry Loading Library?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 11:17:12 pm »

From memory there is a windows 'setting' (it's in the registry I think) that delays services (and maybe other things) starting until the network is ready. We have it set on our PCs at work to ensure the network is up and running 100% before the PC tries to access the domain. It may help you in your setup.

Spike

nathanCFD

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 11:52:57 am »

From memory there is a windows 'setting' (it's in the registry I think) that delays services (and maybe other things) starting until the network is ready. We have it set on our PCs at work to ensure the network is up and running 100% before the PC tries to access the domain. It may help you in your setup.

Spike

Thank you Spike, your answer pointed me in the right direction.  I tried setting a Group Policy to delay services until network is available, and that didn't help. So, I examined all service behavior and found dotNet was defaulting to delayed automatic startup. I switched it to automatic and all is good. Thanks for responding, I wouldn't have thought to go there if you hadn't mentioned it.

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 02:42:04 pm »

I tried setting a Group Policy to delay services until network is available, and that didn't help.
That was the puppy!

So, I examined all service behavior and found dotNet was defaulting to delayed automatic startup. I switched it to automatic and all is good. Thanks for responding, I wouldn't have thought to go there if you hadn't mentioned it.
That was a bit random, but really pleased you found a fix  :D
Spike

nathanCFD

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 03:22:05 pm »

My fix didn't withstand the next Windows Update, should have anticipated that.

So, I took MC22 off "Run On Startup", wrote a script to timeout for five seconds and launch MC22 from the script. And, set the script to run on startup. Kind of sloppy, but it's working. Thought I'd update post in case anyone else was having SSD issues.

Maybe a SSD Timeout option would be a cool feature for v23 :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up