INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Distorted sound and audio slow down in all views except theatre  (Read 4411 times)

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
Distorted sound and audio slow down in all views except theatre
« on: October 24, 2016, 06:40:08 pm »

Today MC 22 audio playback very distorted and slow in all views except theater.  Upgraded to latest build without effect.  This problem has occurred on all versions and builds I have used on MC.  Normally a reboot of PC (now windows 10 but happened on 7 too) resolves the problem. But not now.

tried to give an idea I attach a mp3 of recording output made on my phone but interact won't accept mp3 etc. My preferred view is mini and controlling playback through gizmo but mini too distorted.

Any other information I can provide to identify the cause?

TIA
Trevor
Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
Re: Distorted sound and audio slow down in all views except theatre
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 06:49:51 pm »

Dropped back to MC 21 problem disappears???

Trevor
Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 06:56:09 pm »

Did you try power cycling the device you're playing to?

Try to simplify the playback to see what factors make it repeatable.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 05:03:20 pm »

Trevor replied but it got deleted by mistake.  Here's the content:

Sorry Jim don't understand what you mean by simplify playback?

1. Audio will only run correctly intermittently 21 or 22!
2. EPG not updating so no program info!

Should I uninstall WMC completely and reinstall?

Change my HDMI video card?  If so any recommendations <£100

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 05:05:01 pm »

Please try to narrow down where the problem is.  It's not possible to help otherwise.

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 05:22:22 pm »

Thought I'd been specific as I could?
Sound is distorted  and plays slow. Board would not let me upload recording

Trevor
Trevor

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 07:17:53 pm »

Playing what?

From what location?

Antivirus?

Try changing things to see if you can learn what causes it.  You're seeing something that isn't normal.

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 04:32:06 am »

Playing any audio or video files including live TV

All recorded media is stored locally on sata drives

I have tried dropping back to mc21 (the problem existed prior to 22 upgrade)   and as with closing and reopening mc the problem can reappear.  Without any obvious cause.  Also tried changing default drivers from JRiver to AMD  but problem persists.

Haven't tried disabling AV but will today and report back.

The only commonality I can identify is the problem occurs after not using mc for a while e.g overnight or doing another task on computer.  It has never happened in the middle of any mc use.  Only after stopping mc active use e.g. Minimiseing or switching views.  But it is only on resuming mc after inactivity the problem occurs

Trevor

Trevor

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 07:36:39 am »

If it is the antivirus software, disabling it may not be enough.  Uninstalling it is the only way to be certain.

If it happens briefly after coming out of sleep, it could be drives spinning up.  Or power?

Are you sure it works in Theater View but not in Standard View?

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 11:05:58 am »

Hi thanks for tip about antiviral will try that.

Strangely went to bed last night with sound problem present  tried this morning in standard view played 1 what track.  Fine until I loaded a png attachment from one of my posts and problem reappeared.  Closed the graphic problem gradually restored itself.  Replicated it again and thought I'd found some pointer.  But tried to replicate after lunch sound was fine?

I'll remove Norton shortly.  How about Windows defender.  It's installed but disabled (because of norton)

Thanks for your help Jo..  Know we don't always see eye to eye.  But I'm very grateful that you take time and patience with me to resolve these off the wall issues.  Know how busy you must be.  So major gratitude
Trevor

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 05:48:44 am »

Sorry for delayed reply. The issue disappears and I forget about it.  Today it's happened in the middle of playing an audio track using view 2.  Norton security now removed and I attach a log file created shortly after the recent error. But before av removal

Trevor
Trevor

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 06:27:13 pm »

Upgraded to latest version of MC and issue still, intermittently occurs.

But ...

1 Play track in theatre view and sound is fine
2 While playing switch to mini view problem occurs
3 Staying in mini view with track playing. Separately open Google Chrome, MC sound returns to normal

Posting in hope it will help better identify resolve the problem

Trevor

Trevor
Pages: [1]   Go Up