INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem playing video  (Read 2192 times)

edorr

• Recent member
Problem playing video
« on: October 29, 2016, 07:20:31 pm »

I have been using JRiver for years without problems. I was on version 20 and all of a sudden my video files starting crashing the program. I upgraded to 22 and same problem. It may be a hardware problem on my PC but I would not know how to troubleshoot it. Video plays fine in my browser.

Any suggestions how to troubleshoot / fix this? I run Windows 10 and use motherboard HDMI for video.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Problem playing video
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 08:13:39 pm »

Are you using NVidia hardware?  There was a report about a problem with the most recent driver.

algol

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 08:18:33 pm »

Problem with video here too - madVR crashes on video including TV.  Sometimes the video will start and run until I mouse to bring up the playback controls, other times is will not start, just get audio black screen and then the madVR crash message.   Was working fine yesterday.  Today I got both a windows 10 update and a JRiver update so could be one of them.  I am using AMD video card.

Update:  If I change to Red October Standard it is working, crashes are on HQ.  No changes in settings from when it was working reliably.

edorr

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 09:59:45 pm »

Switching to red october standard solves the problem. Crazy stuff. Maybe a windows update. Thanks. At least I'm back in business.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 05:14:47 am »

Problem with video here too - MadVR crashes on video including TV.  Sometimes the video will start and run until I mouse to bring up the playback controls, other times is will not start, just get audio black screen and then the MadVR crash message.   Was working fine yesterday.  Today I got both a windows 10 update and a J River update so could be one of them.  I am using AMD video card.

Update:  If I change to Red October Standard it is working, crashes are on HQ.  No changes in settings from when it was working reliably.

see this link for AMD users https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/52uxn6/psa_use_dx11_in_madvr_to_prevent_hangscrashes_on/
Pages: [1]   Go Up