INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.222 beta available  (Read 8310 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.222 beta available
« on: July 25, 2003, 02:12:43 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:    

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):    

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91222.exe    

(backup your library before installing)      

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.

History:
1. Fixed: Selecting CD files for ripping didn't work if filename column wasn't displayed.
2. Fixed: Changing list styles didn't work / MC could crash after a refresh.
3. Fixed: MC does a better job of managing keyboard focus when watching TV.
4. Fixed: "Locate" menu did not work properly outside of Media Library root.
5. Fixed: "Locate" menu actions didn't properly resize the search control.
6. Fixed: Mini-me (using a Winamp 2.x skin) didn't always remember the EQ and PL positions.
7. Fixed: Location and playlist panes didn't properly remember position when using forward / back.
8. Fixed: Properties would be disabled when the tree had the focus.
9. Fixed: Bracketed searches without a field name didn't work properly. (i.e. [dylan])
10. NEW: Added image optimization option to FTP upload and to Resize images windows.
11. Changed: FTP upload now uses passive mode.
12. NEW: Added confimation dialog to resize images window.
13. Changed: File sorting 1.5x-5x faster. (sorting was slowest part of displaying large file lists)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gkerber

Re: Media Center 9.1.222 beta available
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 02:26:08 pm »

Yep, it's fixed, and I can now select an item in the tree and click properties and the properties window now has stuff to edit instead of saying "no files selected"

Thanks.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 02:49:07 pm »

With this and the previous build, the install process has hung during the WMP install phase.  Last time, I just rebooted.  This time I found a wmp installer .exe hanging about in the process list.  After killing that .exe, I re-started the install process and it went along fine.

This is an XPSP1 machine that does NOT have WMP9 installed on it.

MC is getting better and better and I'm getting more and more of my friends hooked on it.  Keep up the good work!
Toast goes in the toaster.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 02:53:14 pm »

There is a scroll bar error in the add rule window for smartlists / searches.  

This is when scrolling with the mouse wheel

http://www.jriver.com/photos/NoCodeUK/MCERROR.jpg

Adam

When trying to upload the image I found another little bug.  The transfer dialog does not update properly.  The animation is static and the bar stays in the first section...
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 02:56:38 pm »

With this and the previous build, I've had to shut down MC and then reboot my machine before I could upgrade.  It seems to be hanging when installing WMP components.

No problem here  ::)
Made in Portugal

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2003, 03:35:55 pm »

>> 3. Fixed: MC does a better job of managing keyboard focus when watching TV. <<

Seems to be working ok.

THANKS MATT ;D
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

jleerigby

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2003, 03:47:26 pm »

BUG Report

Just about to DL this with my dial up so I should have it by the time I go back to work on Monday!  Meantime I've got some wierd stuff happening in 9.1.221 with panes and search bar.  What's going on?  The scenario is as follows:

Pane1 = artist (4)
Pane2 = artist (1)
Pane3 = Artist
Pane4 = Album

In pane 1 select I-L, in 2 select L, in 3 select LeAnn Rimes.  Then type believe in the search bar.

What's displayed is: LeAnn Rimes - I believe in you (Ok with that) and Neil Diamond - I'm a believer (What!  Why?).

What's more the highlight in pane 1 has now changed to I-L and M-P. Pane 2 has expanded to show I, J etc thru to P.  My first thought was that MC is searching the whole library instead of just LeAnne Rimes which is what I originally selected but the strange thing is that if I now (without removing the search criteria) click other artists, like Q-T for example it finds loads more stuff (R Kelly, I Believe I can Fly for example).

Odd!

Conclusion:  If it's supposed to search for stuff that just matches the selected panes it's not working ('cos Neil Diamond is not LeAnn Rimes).  If it's supposed to ignore the panes and search the whole view it's still not working ('cos it should've found R Kelly straight away).

Can anyone recreate this.  I'll test it again as soon as I've DL'd v.222.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2003, 03:53:49 pm »

13. Changed: File sorting 1.5x-5x faster. (sorting was slowest part of displaying large file lists)

cool work matt, but its a bit slowly specially with auto size columns turned on!
Tamer

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2003, 04:30:08 pm »

MAJOR ISSUE (New with 9.1.221,222 and maybe 220):(

Each time I try to install the latest betas or to start MC9.1.22x, my system shows a window titled "Please wait" saying "Gathering Information & updating view", with a cancel button.

This window doesn't disappear, even when pressing the cancel button.

According to Windows Task Manager, the window is associated with the Mediajukebox process.

When I last tried to restart the computer, I got a dialog box regarding some application which wouldn't terminate (ActiveMovie, I believe)

Anyone experiences this, or knows of a fix?

Thanks

Eiffel

I've found the source of the problem: When I last used MC, I was playing a CD from the CD player, and had since removed this CD which 222 was trying to play, it seems... Reinstalling 220 showed me what the problem was, and after fixing it in 220, I could install 222

millertivo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2003, 04:44:35 pm »

I missed a few releases and did a search on the forum, but didn't see this reported yet:

I can now see my custom view schemes on the Tivo HMO using Media Server.  I and some others had reported this as not working since upgrading to 9.1

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2003, 04:58:19 pm »

JLee

The search bar comes before the panes. (this order: view filter, tree, search bar, panes)

It could be either way but after using it we thought it was more helpful to have the panes filter down with the search string.  Typing "Dylan" then just lists his 10 albums or whatever instead of still seeing the huge list of all your albums.

Eiffel

Try erasing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\LastTreePath

Let us know if you can pin the problem down to something specific like a file.

LonWar

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2003, 06:54:52 pm »

6. Fixed: Mini-me (using a Winamp 2.x skin) didn't always remember the EQ and PL positions.

ummm This program can use winamp skins??

13. Changed: File sorting 1.5x-5x faster. (sorting was slowest part of displaying large file lists).

Man is this ever fast now. 1.5 - 5... I don't know about that, maybe 30-40

Thats amazing...

Keep up the good work!!

How about making the panes resizable? Is there a reason why this isn't being done?
-

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2003, 07:46:35 pm »

)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.    (I am having this problem with any skin -- currently Brushed metal)

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  This bug has been there forever!      

3)Double-clicking on empty space in Hairstyle doesn't switch you bakc to MEGA-ME anymore.  

4)MC does not remember 4 channel output selection for Direct Sound.  It switches back to 2 channels.  

5) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.      

6) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them    
This is an old bug.

jleerigby

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2003, 11:00:31 pm »

JLee

The search bar comes before the panes. (this order: view filter, tree, search bar, panes)

It could be either way but after using it we thought it was more helpful to have the panes filter down with the search string.  Typing "Dylan" then just lists his 10 albums or whatever instead of still seeing the huge list of all your albums.
I agree that this is more helpful but there is still a bug right?  If I've selected an artist of LeAnn Rimes using the panes I should not see tracks listed by Neil Diamond (even if they do match the search criteria).

Oh, and using this example, when I delete the text in the search bar the panes all reset - another bug?

jleerigby

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2003, 11:06:59 pm »

Ok Fixed but props still disabled when a pane has focus.  So if, for example, you navigate to an album using the pane you cannot then open the properties window.

gmonkey

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2003, 11:22:11 pm »

I love MC! Just wanted to be sure all is not negative.  ;)

Now, for my current list of bugs and feature requests: ;D

B1. TV Record and Timeshift cause crashes

B2. When MC is busy for a long while (such as updating properties for 5,000 files), the display does not update, which means I can't access my desktop, and other windows will show ghost images when closed, moved, resized, etc.

F1. Support for dual tuner TV cards (picture-in-picture, record and watch)

F2. Ability to change the category of preset properties

F3. Ability to change the order of the categories in the properties view and have that order stick for the media type

F4. Ability to have the collapsed categories in the property view stick for each media type

F5. Ability to publish images directly to a local path (instead of just via FTP, like now)

gmonkey

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2003, 11:29:13 pm »

Oh, I forgot two more feature requests I had.

F6. System Tray icon popups (like MSN Messenger) that show song information just as each song starts playing

F7. System Tray icon hover tool tip showing the album art, or perhaps just the right click menu showing the album art

Obviously, these are things that may never happen, but I can hope...

dingoBaby

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2003, 05:38:13 am »

I cannot seem to burn cd's with this latest version.  After I send the tracks to the burner, select create and audio cd, and click burn the dialog window appears but nothing happens until MC crashes.  Here is my system info:

Media Center Registered 9.1.222 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2516 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 83 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
I May Be Listening To:

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2003, 09:30:22 am »

SHOWSTOPPER:

See this thread:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1058022656

MC will not be an adequete photo organizer until this bug is fixed. It doesnt seem hard to fix; many users are still awaiting to use MC for their photo collection, but cannot.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2003, 11:40:06 am »

Machinehead>

I would guess at some point you have used Naviagtor to download a file of MIME type application/octet stream and told it to play the file with MC so it has auto associated it with that type.  I had this problem with trying to download tablature files using Netscape.  because it doesn't snoop for file types like IE any file that is not recognised is downloaded as MIME type application/octet stream.  If you set up any associations for unknown filetypes then whenever you try to download an unknown file it automatically associates it with that application.  It is a mozilla bug and has been reported a number of times in Bugzilla but nothing has ever been done about it and they have said they will not introduce IE style file snooping... Hope this helps...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2003, 11:54:55 am »

Hi,

12. NEW: Added confimation dialog to resize images window.

Thanks alot Matt Its good to know MC takes care of our precious picture files ! ;)

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Flobalob

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2003, 12:16:26 pm »

My install of 9.1.222 is not remembering edited view schemes.
Whin I close the program and reopen all my changes are lost.

See ya!

Keep up the good work

MachineHead

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2003, 02:27:51 pm »

Machinehead>

I would guess at some point you have used Naviagtor to download a file of MIME type application/octet stream and told it to play the file with MC so it has auto associated it with that type.  I had this problem with trying to download tablature files using Netscape.  because it doesn't snoop for file types like IE any file that is not recognised is downloaded as MIME type application/octet stream.  If you set up any associations for unknown filetypes then whenever you try to download an unknown file it automatically associates it with that application.  It is a mozilla bug and has been reported a number of times in Bugzilla but nothing has ever been done about it and they have said they will not introduce IE style file snooping... Hope this helps...

Adam

Did a little checking and you are correct. One of the helpers did this. Though I can't think of any reason why...

Thanks Adam

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2003, 05:30:18 pm »

How about bumping up to decode (as in "play") 384 KBPS MP3's? LAME will encode them. There are very few players that will play them. ZINF is one that will and that code is freely available.
Don't press me on that one, though. That the code is available is the extent of my knowledge of that type of thing. I haven't a clue how to go about using code of any kind.
I had trouble with Morse Code in Boy scouts. Pig Latin is the limit of my coding abilities. I routinely miss social cues. Body Language is a complete mystery. I have trouble keeping up with the plot on Seinfeld. Is there one?
And another thing ... tennis mystifies me. How the heck do you keep score?
And why, oh why do they have Interstate Highways in (on?) Hawaii?
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

BuiltToSpill

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2003, 09:42:56 pm »

mkutsen
Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.    (I am having this problem with any skin -- currently Brushed metal)

I am getting this 'jerky' scrolling in the Media Library view as well, usually when MC is just opened, or not touched for a while. All skins. This wasn't a problem at all in .221 :-/

mkutsen
6) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them    
This is an old bug.

I wouldn't mind seeing a change in that as well
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2003, 11:42:22 pm »

matt, plz i hope you add in your MC development a 1 pixel space in the top and the bottom of the toolbars and menus background between the higlighting color and the end of the menu border as in the right and the left, as you see in this screenshot and thanx :) [/u]

Tamer

jleerigby

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2003, 12:54:21 am »

View shemes are not remembering state of panes:

If I navigate a view scheme using panes to a particluar album then click playing now then click back the panes are shown as I left them (good).  But, if I make the mistake of trying to go back to that view scheme by selecting it in the tree, all the panes reset to All.  The scheme should surely remember the state of the panes as it's so infuriating to navigate your way through 4 panes and then have them all reset.

_K_C_

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2003, 07:22:37 am »

Possible Bug

Add View Scheme
Custom
Uncheck "Autoname"
Try to type
"Properties"
It seems that typing any lower case letter that corresponds to a shortcut on the "File/Edit/View" menu calls that menu...

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2003, 09:49:44 am »

Takes 13 to 17 seconds to change from one view scheme to another.

Media Center Registered 9.1.222 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2253 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 198 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: 100 %

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2003, 10:48:07 am »

Type: Feature Request
Add "Properties" to appropriate right-click menus in panes and trees. In MC9.0, you could right-click e.g. an album in the tree and click Properties to set tags for the entire album. Can't do this currently. (NOTE: the tree right-click menu has "Properties" but it appears to have different functionality.)

Type: Bug
Here is the rule for my view scheme:

~a [Number Plays]==0 ~sort=[date imported]-d ~n=50 -[Filename]="D:\My Music\Cuts" [Media Type]=audio -[Album]=[Brazilian Portuguese 3]

I have two columns: Artist | Album

Let's say that I have three albums in my library from the Wallflowers: Breach, Bringing Down the Horse, and Red Letter Days. All three of these albums were imported months ago, so they don't appear in this view scheme. Now, I import a fourth album: The Wallflowers (by artist, The WallFlowers).

Here is the bug: When I click on The Wallflowers in the Artist pane, I see all four Wallflowers albums in the Album pane, even though those albums should be excluded by the limit. When I click on an album in the Album Pane, I see the tracks for that album, even though those tracks should be excluded by the limit. However, if I just click "<all>" in the Album and Artist panes and scroll through the track list, no tracks from the older albums appear. The limit works correctly in that case.

Bring back DirectX Host so that ActiveX plugins can be used agan.

Allow "limit by number of albums" (e.g. for use with ~a modifier). This would allow you to say, "retrieve full albums, limit to five albums".

Add "cancel" button to "connecting to media server" dialog box. Currently, there is no way to stop this short of letting it time out. If the media server is non-responsive, it takes a long time to time out.

Add option to set which library to load on startup. Currently, MC always loads the last library you had loaded. If that was a Media Server library, and the server is no longer available (e.g. because you took your laptop away from home), it takes forever to time out and sometimes MC crashes.

Type: Bug
Created this view scheme:

"Unlistened Albums" - Media Type: Audio Num Plays=0 Modifier: Full Albums

Added columns: AlbumArtist, Album, Num Plays

First potential bug: Num Plays for some albums shows 0, some albums shows <unassigned>, and some albums shows both 0 and <unassigned>. Clicking on 0 or <unassigned> returns the same tracks as far as I can tell. How can a track have an unassigned num plays? If it's never been played, it's zero. If it's been played, it's not zero.

Second potential bug (bigger): The "Num Plays" column populates correctly--e.g. if the selected Artist/Album's tracks have Num Plays of 1, 2, 4, and 6, then those values appear in the Num Plays column, as well as "<all>". But clicking on any of those numbers in the Num Plays column always returns zero tracks. The bottom window goes blank and the status bar says, "0 tracks - 0 minutes".

Type: Bug? Feature Request? Depends on how you look at it.
Scroll wheel focus should follow the mouse independently of "other" focus. Not sure how exactly to describe this, except with an example:

In the left-hand pane, click on a view scheme with two columns. If I subsequently move the mouse over to column 1 and start scrolling the scroll wheel, column 1 should scroll, regardless of the fact that focus is still back in the left pane.

Left-click in column 1. Focus is now in column 1. Move the mouse over to column 2. If I scroll the wheel now, column 2 should scroll. Currently, column 1 scrolls.

Other Windows apps seem to treat the scroll wheel the way I'm requesting--e.g. scroll focus follows the mouse, regardless of where the application's "real" focus is.

When multiple matches are found in YADB, allow the user to see the information in each match before choosing which match to the CD/track.

gmonkey

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2003, 02:37:02 pm »

More Bugs:

B3. Embedded images within music files are not transferred over the Media Server. They should show in Playing Now, as thumbnails, and in the properties windows.

B4. Left and right arrow keys switch panes even while editing (F2) within a pane.

B5. Running mouse up the rating column will keep the rating hover effect on once you leave the area.

B6. Clicking on <unassigned> within a date pane suppresses all entries.

More Features:

F8. User ordering of TV channels without having to use "creative" naming

F9. Up the play count, etc. when songs are played via the Media Server.

F10. Some way to append text to a property when many items are selected, rather than only being able to replace it.

dragyn

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2003, 05:13:05 pm »

'album thumbnails' adds all albums that have same album name. It doesn't matter where you are in MC.
  • view scheme group (audio)
    • Type
      • apl
      • mp3
If I view 'album thumbnails' in apl and double-click on one, files are added from mp3 and files not even in the view scheme but have same 'album' name.

This has been in MC since the beginning and also affects hairstyle.

Media Center Registered 9.1.222 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 47 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
IRMAN plugin is broken again...
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2003, 03:08:17 am »

9.1.222 - IRMAN plugin does not respond at all to previously learned commands.

Attempted to clear all learned commands, and then re-learn results in no learning activity.

Would send system info, but, selecting the System Info menu results in a dialog window with the message "An invalid argument was encountered" - wierd this, as the same version on my server PC works fine...
Cheers
Rob

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2003, 04:10:31 am »

B1. TV Record and Timeshift cause crashes

What TV card do you have? Does Reset help?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

gmonkey

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2003, 06:42:21 am »

What TV card do you have? Does Reset help?

I have an ATI AiW 8500. The TV tuning part works fine and I can watch TV all I want. I just can't record or timeshift.

I have reallocated temp space and used a couple of different encoder options, but it still crashes.

I don't know what you mean by "Reset" exactly...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2003, 06:49:29 am »

I don't know what you mean by "Reset" exactly...

It's under options/TV/Advanced/Advanced Properties.

Please start a new thread if you need more help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2003, 09:09:25 am »

View shemes are not remembering state of panes:  

If I navigate a view scheme using panes to a particluar album then click playing now then click back the panes are shown as I left them (good).  But, if I make the mistake of trying to go back to that view scheme by selecting it in the tree, all the panes reset to All.  The scheme should surely remember the state of the panes as it's so infuriating to navigate your way through 4 panes and then have them all reset.

This is by design.  Use forward / back if you want the state to be remembered.  This follows the IE web browsing model.

Takes 13 to 17 seconds to change from one view scheme to another.

Way too long.  Can you try to do some testing to see what's slow? (thumbnails, album grouping, missing network files, sorting, visible columns, browser scheme, column auto-sizing, etc.)

Thanks!

jleerigby

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2003, 10:14:30 am »

Bug:

In some views visible columns keep changing back to People, Places, Dimensions etc.  I never use these columns and never have as I'm a music only user.  No matter how many times I use 'Make all views like current' or 'Save Current View' the old columns keep coming back a few days later to haunt me.  I can't seem to see any pattern to it.

Time now to go and have a drink to celebrate my newly acclaimed 'Senior Woodchuck' status.  But WTF is a Woodchuck?  Is it an American thing?

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2003, 10:32:33 am »

Bug:

I dont have a portable player. Click on the 'portable download' toolbar button with a library music file selected. I get a dialog with 'No portable device selected' followed by another 'Failed to set image as desktop background'.

Click on the 'portable download' with a library image file selected. I get a dialog with 'No portable device selected' followed by MC setting the selected image file as my desktop background. Weird... The background is described in my Windows XP Home desktop properties as 'JRiver Wallpaper'.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2003, 11:16:50 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/28  Priority: High
    Moving Folders Causes Crash
    Moving a folder, whether the contents are imported or not, via Samba shares causes MC to hang and/or crash completely.  I've replicated this bug three times this morning.  When MC is currently playing an MP3, MC crashes, when it is not, it hangs with the Updating Database dialog.
Toast goes in the toaster.

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2003, 12:30:50 pm »

BUG: Can't mix mp3's & mpg's in Playing Now.

This has existed since version 9.

If you mix audio and video files in Playing now, the mp3 playing before a mpg cuts the last 8 seconds off.

I have tried without dsp, and all other settings I can think of for playback settings, and on two different computers. The audio file before a video file always has the last 8 seconds cut off.
I don't think it can be computer or codec related as WMP & Winamp play the combination properly.

jleerigby

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2003, 01:00:58 pm »

Bug:

In some views visible columns keep changing back to People, Places, Dimensions etc.  I never use these columns and never have as I'm a music only user.  No matter how many times I use 'Make all views like current' or 'Save Current View' the old columns keep coming back a few days later to haunt me.  I can't seem to see any pattern to it.

Time now to go and have a drink to celebrate my newly acclaimed 'Senior Woodchuck' status.  But WTF is a Woodchuck?  Is it an American thing?
OK I found the pattern.  Not that difficult really.  The view schemes that hang directly off Media library are Ok but any within a custom group only get saved for the current session.  Close and reopen MC and it's back to people, places etc.

Can someone please tell me that it's not just me.

Marty3d

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2003, 01:19:53 pm »

9.1.222 BUGS:

- The scrollbar in Properties is broken, sort of. Another user reported a jerky toolbar in preferences, now it's in properties as well. Haven't seen it since 9.0

- MC is crashing when selecting the group of custom playlists/smartlists (is it possible to export a group of playlists/smartlists? Then I could send them to JRiver for testing)

- Adding all mp3 files to Playing now, playing for instance #100, exiting MC and starting again, the currently playing file is not in focus of main pane. You have to scroll up to see currently playing file.

- If Playback filter is set to skip a smartlist (let's say rating=1,2) and you change the smartlist to rating=1 then you have to restart MC for the changes to be active. Alternatively you remove all filtering and add it again. The same goes for search.
Tried doing a search in my party playlist for "not situation: Party". Updated situation tag for 2 files with party. Didn't disappear from the list until I changed to another view and went back. Unfortunatley the search was gone as well, so I had to set it again.

- MC re-tags track number AGAIN! For new-comers, this means that you have the track format 0x before you import the mp3:s, after import, MC have tagged them x. Happens on random (could be earlier version of MC 9.1 as well) UPDATE: The change of xx to x doesn't occur until you change another tag, genre for instance. (PLEASE make a note of when it's fixed, I'm not importing files all days, guys!)

Pages: [1]   Go Up