INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using voice (Amazon Echo) to manage JRiver server...  (Read 2265 times)

rsemedo

Using voice (Amazon Echo) to manage JRiver server...
« on: November 13, 2016, 10:37:29 pm »

Hi all,

New to this forum...playing around with MC's for a while, heard about jriver forever but never tried it (current user of Media Portal)...bump into it again because of the Amazon Echo (House Band skill, pretty cool)...I was not sure where to put this basic question, but there it goes...like I said, at this stage, I'm a user of Media Portal for all things(TV, movies, etc), I want to start using jriver music capabilities just with voice(Echo)...all is configured(jriver network server) and working pretty well...but I'm also using an Harmony remote(and voice/Echo) to manage the Media Portal other functions, every time I press "green button", for example, it brings the jriver Theater Mode in full screen on top of my Media Portal front end which is not ideal, even tho I've all jriver closed and just the media server on the taskbar working in the background...long story short, do I've a way not to trigger jriver when I press media keys in my remote and just leave it there running in the background for my voice/echo tasks...?

Btw, very impressed with the look and feel and capabilities...I will start playing around with he other capabilities as well, might do the switch... :-)   

Cheers

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Using voice (Amazon Echo) to manage JRiver server...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 06:34:22 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Media Server is a small footprint version of MC, so if it is running, MC will respond. 

You could disable Media Center Remote functionality in MC's settings, but then the remote won't work.

You could probably program MC to do something else with the remote's Green Button.

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using voice (Amazon Echo) to manage JRiver server...
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 05:28:02 pm »

If you want to try and control both programs, Event Ghost might be a good option as well.  I believe there is an option to not start JRiver with the green button as well but I would have to check where in case you cannot find it. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up