INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No updates in over a month?  (Read 3062 times)

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
No updates in over a month?
« on: November 14, 2016, 07:50:05 am »

Just wondering what's going on, as you're usually pretty good about putting out 1-2 updates a week.
I've had no response on the forums from JRiver staff to bug reports lately either.

robydago

Re: No updates in over a month?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 08:34:47 am »

1-2 updates a week.

Those were the days... when Windows was the only game in town :-)
Now they have to support Windows, Mac and Linux versions, so understandably the updates are not as frequent as they used to be.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 10:04:23 am »

Here's what has happened since the last update.

22.0.40 (11/14/2016)

1. Changed: Color coding of Theater View television guide grid is now optional.
2. Changed: The vertical line to indicate current time in Theater View television guide is now optional.
3. Fixed: DSP Studio wouldn't load the ideal page size of the first page it showed.
4. Fixed: OTA/In-stream EPG scanning finish event was not logged in TV Logs.
5. NEW: Multiple types of OTA/In-stream EPG scanning (such as DVB-T and DVB-C) can be scheduled for background scanning and they will be scanned sequentially.
6. Changed: Manually changing images during playback stops the image slideshow.
7. Changed: Auto-import is stopped during a Listening Test and then restarted after.
8. Changed: Tweaked ATSC over-the-air EPG scanning.  It is now more efficient and more thorough.

22.0.39 (11/8/2016)

1. Changed: When looking for a suitable TV tuner to record a program, MC will no longer create and desctroy the TV engine each time a tuner is examined.
2. Changed: Eliminated unnecessary logging in a block of frequently called TV code.
3. Changed: Tweaked some parameters in DVB EPG scanning, to try to make it more efficient.
4. Changed: Reduced the amount of logging in MPEG-2 packet parsing, and in EPG scanning in particular.
5. NEW: Duplicate TV recordings scheduled will be removed at recording start time if different recording rules produce duplicate recordings of the same program on the same channel.
6. Changed: On TV recording rules view in Standard View, time-based recording duration value will take into account of recording start and end time padding, to be consistent with other recording modes.
7. Fixed: Picking WPL as the playlist formats on a handheld would use ASX instead.
8. NEW: Video Thumbnails are rotated to match the video's rotation.

22.0.38 (11/2/2016)

1. Fixed: Simultaneously starting to record with the same file names by two TV tuners did not work.
2. Changed: Added a search to Panel for searching through a library.
3. Changed: In settings.html in Panel, the launch button for Network was removed and the entire box was turned into a link.
4. Changed: "MPAA Rating" and "MPAA Rating Description" fields are usable in media type "TV" (mainly for TV guide).
5. NEW: ATSC OTA EPG scanning will pick up the parental rating info if TV stations broadcast it.
6. Changed: DVB in-stream EPG scanning will ignore the "has scheduled" flag and attempt to scan for scheduled programs anyway.  Some TV stations do not broadcast this flag correctly.

22.0.37 (10/27/2016)

1. Changed: Added more error checking in tuning to CableCARD TV tuners.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. Changed: Added a Block parameter to the Previous call like there's already a Block parameter for the MCWS/v1/Playback/Next command.
4. Changed: Marked "Linkwitz-Riley Filter" for translation.
5. NEW: Added Tools > Listening Test ... to try your listening skills.
6. Changed: Adjusted some logging entries in TV engine to help diagnosing hangs in TV recording in transport stream format,in particular with CableCARD devices.

22.0.36 (10/21/2016)

1. Changed: The Virtual Channel Table in ATSC TV is obtained with the new MPEG-2 Tables and Sections system.
2. Fixed: A few bug fixes in EPG scanning, especially those that might lead to crashes in ATSC scanning.
3. Changed: The WDM driver is versioned so that it's only reinstalled when something meaningful changes (instead of always).
4. Fixed: The list printing dialog was much too small on high DPI.
5. Changed: Migrated the retrieval of the Master Guide Table in ATSC TV to the new MPEG-2 Tables and Sections system.
6. Fixed: An incorrect variable type was used in TS type TV recording codes.  This might fix some bad behaviors.
7. Changed: Added more error checking in ATSC EPG OTA scanning.

22.0.35 (10/18/2016)

1. Changed: Updated DVB EPG content types to include the latest type 12.
2. Changed: Changed the way to determine how much time to spend on parsing EPG data per channel.  Hopefully this will speed up the process without causing missed entries.
3. Changed: Switched ETT section parsing in ATSC in-stream EPG scanning to the new system of MPEG-2 tables and sections.
4. Changed: Reverted unintended behavior changes of MCC 22001 in recent builds.
5. Fixed: Pressing escape after editing a field in-place accepted the changes instead of discard the changes.
6. Fixed: Theater View plugins could get out of order when the Lighting plugin was added.  Selecting "News" might show "Lighting" results, etc.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 10:06:33 am »

Sometimes it can take a while to get a build that doesn't have something broken.

The Listening Test (similar to AB comparison) is coming in the next build we move to Latest.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 10:40:26 am »

Was wondering about that myself.

Thanks for the update, Jim.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
Finally TV changes/fixes I was looking for....
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 12:35:34 pm »

Lots and lots of good TV stuff in those latest updates. Enough to finally make it worth my time/money to upgrade from v21.

JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

RD James

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 04:16:57 pm »

Sometimes it can take a while to get a build that doesn't have something broken.
That's fair, it just seemed like things had gone a bit quiet lately and I was wondering if everything was OK.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 05:33:50 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up