INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: recordings via tv  (Read 2331 times)

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
recordings via tv
« on: November 23, 2016, 10:17:50 am »

hi all, wondering if anyone can help out a bit.The question is to do with recorded tv i notice there's a move,copy, rename tool so i would like to move my recorded tv file to a folder where its name of show and season number... (tv guide has all info needed jriver records show with season and episodes) just want to move the said files i record to a folder structure automatic like when recording has finish, the move command kicks in and moves it to folder structure.

when i used mediaportal i have mcbuddy monitor the files, but with mediaportal it had a xml file which had the info about season and a name so mcbuddy reads that and does its fancy work. cant use mcbuddy with jriver because no support for jriver via mcbuddy

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: recordings via tv
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 02:36:23 pm »

Are you recording in the JTV format (which creates a bunch of files for each recording) or the TS format (which creates one file per recording)?

If you are using TS, I can help. It's easy to move the recordings to different directories using the "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" (RMC) tool. You don't need mcbuddy.

You select the files you want to move (presumably you are looking at them in Standard View at Video>Files view sorting by "Date Imported". But that doesn't matter as long as you see the file you want to move.

So you select the file (or group of files) and right click on them, and select the RMC tool. Then you use the "Rename" part of the tool - which moves files when the directory changes). You pick the new location under "Directories" with the Browse feature. The Preview window shows the new path. If it is correct you click "OK". Do Not check the box "Move all files in the folder (including non-imported files)". The Rename tool will still move the sidecar.xml file with the TS file.

** If you are saving your recordings into the JTV format, then I can't help. I don't use this format. Too messy for me.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 03:50:21 pm »

Just to clarify one thing, just in case you do not know: the Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool is available under "Video" view in Standard View.  It is not available in Television view.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 04:50:36 pm »

thanks for the replies. i was hoping it could be automatic without changing to standard view. i would like it to be doing it like mcbuddy in the background. not manually doing the move myself

thanks for replys

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 05:04:05 pm »

If you are recording in the TS format, you can set a tag in the recording rule to change the target directory for recording.

Have a read of this thread to see what I mean: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,107413.0.html

Note that this will work better in an upcoming release of MC, version 22.0.43 or later, where the following change will improve the process:
"3. Changed: MC television recording will properly handle post-recording tagging (setup in recording rules) of field [Filename(path)], in addition to [Filename(name)] that has already been supported."

If you use the above method, it will all be automatic.

Note that this method is unlikely to work if you record in JTV format, unless the change Yaobing has done now handles JTV files correctly? I might need to ask that question in the original thread.  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up